Tuning Solution (Injected Engineering) - Page 145 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #1441
jdubhack
I WILL correct you.

Fan#: 103056
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Fusion Ti

FF Reputation: 37 jdubhack Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG_MK3 View Post
I just don't know what I am supposed to be asking for when it comes to strategy codes... Like do I just go to advanced auto/autozone and say "I need strategy codes for a tuner" and will they know what I'm talking about and pull them? lol Or is there more of a more professional way of doing it.. Only thing holding me back from buying.
I went to Pep Boys and asked to use their OBD diagnostic tool to get the codes for my car. Curtis, the guy with the tool, was able to get them within a min.

<>< Gal. 6:14
April 2013 HOTM
2013 Ford Fun Weekend: Show Class Winner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2013, 11:50 AM   #1442
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

Fan#: 85425
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 9 darkangelism Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
I just don't know what I am supposed to be asking for when it comes to strategy codes... Like do I just go to advanced auto/autozone and say "I need strategy codes for a tuner" and will they know what I'm talking about and pull them? lol Or is there more of a more professional way of doing it.. Only thing holding me back from buying.
It really depends on the knowledge level of the people there, it shows up as CALID(calibration ID) on the tool that Justin and I used, but engine strategy code, PCM/TCM code are also proper terms. Maybe have this thread on your phone so you can show the picture Justin posted of what you are looking for.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #1443
Tjrommel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114674
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford white Sedan 5M

FF Reputation: 1 Tjrommel Good Standing Member
I know this is thread derailment however I will ask anyways. would it seem logical for my intake to throw a lean code if I used a higher flow filter (the tube diameter is still the same just less restricted?). the manufacturer states that changing the filter could cause a DTC for running lean however it doesn't make sense to me since it's not forced induction so no matter what the engine will only be able to take in so much air, correct?
Old 06-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #1444
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

Fan#: 85425
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 9 darkangelism Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjrommel View Post
I know this is thread derailment however I will ask anyways. would it seem logical for my intake to throw a lean code if I used a higher flow filter (the tube diameter is still the same just less restricted?). the manufacturer states that changing the filter could cause a DTC for running lean however it doesn't make sense to me since it's not forced induction so no matter what the engine will only be able to take in so much air, correct?
I have a Steeda and it has bigger diameter and less restrictive and no codes related to it when I updated the tune, there was a code for my parking sensor though, so it did check codes.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #1445
TiStick
Boob Whisperer

Fan#: 96514
What I Drive: LesVagon

FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangelism View Post
I have a Steeda and it has bigger diameter and less restrictive and no codes related to it when I updated the tune, there was a code for my parking sensor though, so it did check codes.
Steeda is 2.5" straight thru. OE is 2.5 at the filter, then opens up at the sensor. Turbulence in the MAF throat can throw lean codes, as the sensor gets confused.
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D
Old 06-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #1446
Aric@Injected
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 113187
What I Drive: '13 Sonic Blue test pig

FF Reputation: 10 Aric@Injected Great Standing Member
Quote:
You can purchase the IET from our store and when you get it, read the code out, email me or any injected email, I will upload your tune files to the server, then you plug the IET into your computer, update it with the tune files, and your good to go.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using FF Mobile
678-449-6871 Office
678-581-6200 Fax

Want the best tuning available for your MK3 2.0L GDI Focus? Order here http://injectedstore.com/

Coming soon Injected ST Tuning!
Old 06-20-2013, 06:55 PM   #1447
Aric@Injected
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjrommel View Post
You will be good. It will not run lean

678-449-6871 Office
678-581-6200 Fax

Want the best tuning available for your MK3 2.0L GDI Focus? Order here http://injectedstore.com/

Old 06-20-2013, 08:48 PM   #1448
mlarz27
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 112365
What I Drive: 2013 Pearl White Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 mlarz27 Good Standing Member
Finally have my codes. Do I order through the website or will I need to call since I'm in California? And if web the promo is focusfanatics correct?
Old 06-20-2013, 09:16 PM   #1449
mlarz27
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 112365
What I Drive: 2013 Pearl White Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 mlarz27 Good Standing Member
disregard previous post. Just ordered it. Have 90miles left of 91 in the tank so hopefully the tuner will get here just as i have to fill up. Also any estimate on the 91oct tune?
Old 06-20-2013, 09:17 PM   #1450
Aric@Injected
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlarz27 View Post
Finally have my codes. Do I order through the website or will I need to call since I'm in California? And if web the promo is focusfanatics correct?
Please order through the store. Make sure to space out the promo code.... do not make it one word.

678-449-6871 Office
678-581-6200 Fax

Bookmarks & Social Networks