2012 My ford touch question (Speaker Upgrades) - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-08-2013, 08:43 PM   #1
Ghanes03
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113206
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus TI

FF Reputation: 1 Ghanes03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2012 My ford touch question (Speaker Upgrades)

Hello everyone, not trying to be crappy but I have browsed this forum for over a year now. Lots of good stuff, however lots of crap too. I am looking to upgrade the speakers in my titanium. It does not sound horrible but I am really just looking for more. My question is that I have talked to a few people about how to go about with this with all of the sync bluetooth phone and my ford touch and am scared half to death to let anyone hack up my car. They talk about bypassing the amp, and have had others talk about running through the amp. How will this affect all of the functions of the my ford touch and all of the other systems I paid out the you know what for? I love fosgate stuff and will be sticking with all fosgate. Mind you I am not a very technical person and get lost when it comes to all of this. I ran a really nice system in my old s-10 I owned, I will post a picture. But having that system and listening to the stock system in this car is like driving a new convertible BMW and then having to settle for a cash car. Can anyone please help me and figure out what I will loose. I am looking into running fosgate punch 6 1/2 components in the doors, forgetting about the center channel, and running two P3 8's. . which ones (D2's or D4's) I have no clue because I dont know what the heck is the difference and I also dont know what fosgate amp to use. Help would be more than appreciated. BTW here is a few pictures of the system in my 2003 s-10 that I no longer own, loved this truck. I am not doing this to the ford, but I plan on some 18" TSW snetterton wheels and lowering the car just over the tires and this sound system. On to the pictures.

Um so unfortunately I have no clue how to post pictures on a Forum anymore. . Ill keep working at that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #2
Ghanes03
Focus Rookie

Pictures

[IMG][/IMG]
My car
[IMG][/IMG]
My car
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

The box is fiberglass, custom made by myself. I had it painted because I am not that talented. Those were 4"'s in the b-pillars and yes they screamed, 6 1/2's in the doors and 4x6's in the dash, and 4 P3 8's. . it was loud but extremely clear and very well balanced not to mention I hit 152 DB's at blood drag quite a few years back.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:38 PM   #3
Ghanes03
Focus Rookie

wow. . . no help? jeeze
Old 04-28-2013, 01:40 PM   #4
ArcticGabe
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 86046
What I Drive: 2013 SE Hatch MTX

FF Reputation: 1 ArcticGabe Good Standing Member
Well, it sounds like you're not comfortable doing it yourself, in which case you're going to have to trust SOMEONE, right? Who did your truck? Have they worked on any cars with Ford Sync before? See if you can get local recommendations for a good shop. After all, how do you know you can trust the advice from "the internet."

Frankly, if you're not too dissatisfied with the stock system, why not start out simple. For example, just upgrade the speakers with a good quality components. Also, if you have MFT then you have the Sony system with the center speaker. Many have reported an improvement by just UNPLUGGING the center speaker (do a search on here for details). If you're not happy with this, then do further...
Old 05-01-2013, 05:22 PM   #5
Ghanes03
Focus Rookie

I moved from Florida to Tn. Florida was where the system in the truck was installed. However I did all of the fiberglass work. And its not that I am gonna take anyones advice and just "trust" it. I am just asking for help from people who have done what I am trying to do and what their experiences have been. And I have done some research on this forum. The center channel is not the problem, its the distortion and clarity of the entire system thats the problem. Just looking for advice or experiences from others on this forum.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #6
ArcticGabe
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 86046
What I Drive: 2013 SE Hatch MTX

FF Reputation: 1 ArcticGabe Good Standing Member
The only reason I ask is because I started out down your path, and now I'm beginning to think differently. I was planning an LOC, EQ, 5-ch amp + sub, but now I'm thinking I might just start with speakers. Then maybe just add a sub later. It might be all I need, or not, in which case, then I'll spend more. The speakers and sub I would have bought anyway, so no money wasted.

Anyway, which ever way you go, please post here. I'm interested to see what you come up with.

Bookmarks & Social Networks