New kid here, looking for help - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Regional Forums > South West Fanatics > Fanatics: SoCal

Fanatics: SoCal Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Southern California area

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 09:03 PM   #1
thatkidwithafocus
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Fan#: 113105
Location: Pine Valley, CA
What I Drive: 2012 race red mk3 sel sports

Posts: 2
FF Reputation: 1 thatkidwithafocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
New kid here, looking for help

hey everyone, i bought a new focus se sports package sedan last year and i want to add some things to it. nothing useless like a sub or stupid accessories, i want some performance upgrades. i was looking at the magnaflow exhaust kit, but im pretty sure i can get the same results a different way. does anybody have any suggestions for a first mod? and does anyone know where the cheapest place to get a new front bumper (oem or aftermarket) is? (some lady at a walmart ran her cart into my car and broke the fiberglass bar in the middle and messed up my license plate holder.) thanks!


thatkidwithafocus is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #2
sam fisher
I hate dents!
 
sam fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Fan#: 103137
Location: royal oak, MI
What I Drive: 2006 silver zx4 ses

Posts: 3,055
Points 4,176, Level 41
Points: 4,176, Level: 41 Points: 4,176, Level: 41 Points: 4,176, Level: 41
Level Up 13% Completed
Level up: 13% Level up: 13% Level up: 13%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 sam fisher Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatkidwithafocus View Post
hey everyone, i bought a new focus se sports package sedan last year and i want to add some things to it. nothing useless like a sub or stupid accessories, i want some performance upgrades. i was looking at the magnaflow exhaust kit, but im pretty sure i can get the same results a different way. does anybody have any suggestions for a first mod? and does anyone know where the cheapest place to get a new front bumper (oem or aftermarket) is? (some lady at a walmart ran her cart into my car and broke the fiberglass bar in the middle and messed up my license plate holder.) thanks!
Check out steeda , fswerks , massive speed systems and cfm( central Florida motorsports . All have quality equipment and a great variety of different mods for your vehicle . If i was you id go with suspension mods first , but some go with intake and exhaust first. Im unsure if tuning is yet to be offered for the new foci though .

Sent from my LG-LG730
sam fisher is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:29 AM   #3
ViperThreat
Moderator OF DOOM
 
ViperThreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Fan#: 66026
Location: Concord, CA
What I Drive: '06 WRX Wagon 285whp/292wtq

Posts: 3,168
Points 7,506, Level 57
Points: 7,506, Level: 57 Points: 7,506, Level: 57 Points: 7,506, Level: 57
Level Up 78% Completed
Level up: 78% Level up: 78% Level up: 78%
Forum Activity 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%
FF Reputation: 9 ViperThreat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Like sam said, intake and exahust are going to be the best engine mods you can do right now. Since nobody has cracked the ecu yet, there isnt much beyond that in the power department.

My recommendation is to upgrade the suspension. The focus has never been a good straight-line car, where it really shines is in the handling department. In all truth, the biggest performance gains to be had are in the suspension, so thats definitely the way to go.
__________________
Moderator For: Socal Fanatics | SVT Focus | Mk1 Focus | Audio & Electronics | General Chat

"Ford Focus ST - the official car of message-board circle-jerks"
-Regular Car Reviews
ViperThreat is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #4
elsolo
Focus Fanatic
 
elsolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 96835
Location: Long Beach, CA
What I Drive: 2003 dark shadow grey metallic ZX3

Posts: 2,210
Points 2,415, Level 29
Points: 2,415, Level: 29 Points: 2,415, Level: 29 Points: 2,415, Level: 29
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
FF Reputation: 17 elsolo Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperThreat View Post
My recommendation is to upgrade the suspension. The focus has never been a good straight-line car, where it really shines is in the handling department. In all truth, the biggest performance gains to be had are in the suspension, so thats definitely the way to go.
exactly
elsolo is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:38 PM   #5
linogom13
Focus Rookie
 
linogom13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Fan#: 105703
Location: hacienda heights, CA
What I Drive: 2003 silver

Posts: 14
FF Reputation: 1 linogom13 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperThreat View Post
Like sam said, intake and exahust are going to be the best engine mods you can do right now. Since nobody has cracked the ecu yet, there isnt much beyond that in the power department.

My recommendation is to upgrade the suspension. The focus has never been a good straight-line car, where it realy shines is in the handling department. In all truth, the biggest performance gains to be had are in the suspension, so thats definitely the way to go.
also helped me alot thanks guys


Posted via FF Mobile
linogom13 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #6
ST33zn
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 89376
Location: Los angeles, CA
What I Drive: 2005 silver zx4 ST

Posts: 67
FF Reputation: 1 ST33zn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Also agree with suspension upgrades first; and don't cheap out! Suspension will make a bigger impact on your overall driving experience vs. intake and exhaust..
ST33zn is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.