Rear Motor Mount - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #41
ShoOff
Focus Addict

Fan#: 109590
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 15 ShoOff Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
ok makes a little more sense. Any one have a direct link to a site with a "kit" as it were for sale that would be a easy install? I like straight forward installs with out the "mod" aspect
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2013, 02:36 AM   #42
StingRay
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 67421
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver ST

FF Reputation: 4 StingRay Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam fisher View Post
Haha , you sir have given me some primo info right there ! My atx fofo is sitting at the trans shop right now because i was convinced it had a trans problem , they called me today and said the trans is fine. So i figure my mounts must be toasted huh? Btw i am getting the " bang " you speak of when i drive " spirited ".

Sent from my LG-LG730 using FF Mobile
06 would be a bit different, but it could be the same type of issue. My 09 had bad wheel hop and a slight bang from 1-2 but it was no where near as bad as these MK3s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoOff View Post
ok makes a little more sense. Any one have a direct link to a site with a "kit" as it were for sale that would be a easy install? I like straight forward installs with out the "mod" aspect
There are 2 ford/mazda rear motor mounts you can use that are a direct replacement, those would probably be the easiest ones to do. One is the mazdaspeed 3 RMM that is a little bit stiffer than the factory mount. or the electric focus mount which is stiffer than the ms3. Most people (at least the ST guys) seem to like the electric focus mount. I personally have the stiffest poly mount you can get and it is pretty damn stiff and causes a lot of vibration lol, you probably don't want that.

Anyways, here is a thread with a ton more info if you want to do some reading. The RMM is actually a pretty easy mod do you can't go wrong with most of the brands. http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287381
Old 04-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #43
RedVAhb757
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 111780
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford white ST

FF Reputation: 1 RedVAhb757 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by _RED_ View Post
You can order a stock MS3 rmm at your local Mazda Dealership, the part number is : BBN-39-040 price is right around $40, also order the Factory Mazda bolt: 9YA0-2A-226A will cost about $9

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
Is this mount universal for both the automatic and manual? I called my local dealer and they said the part number is BBN3-39-040A and that the parts are not returnable so I don't want to order the wrong motor mount if ya feel me.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #44
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedVAhb757 View Post
Is this mount universal for both the automatic and manual? I called my local dealer and they said the part number is BBN3-39-040A and that the parts are not returnable so I don't want to order the wrong motor mount if ya feel me.
I've put the MS3 RMM on my DCT equipped 2012, so yes it doesn't care which gearbox the car has.

I'd look at ordering from Park Mazda in Ohio as it was less expensive to have it shipped. Although it hasn't necessarily fully cured the wheel hop clang with the TCS on.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:57 AM   #45
RedVAhb757
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
I've put the MS3 RMM on my DCT equipped 2012, so yes it doesn't care which gearbox the car has.

I'd look at ordering from Park Mazda in Ohio as it was less expensive to have it shipped. Although it hasn't necessarily fully cured the wheel hop clang with the TCS on.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the purpose of this rmm. On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being worst and 10 being best, how much of a difference is it? Usually if I'm gonna get on it and go, I turn traction controll off. It's supposed to reduce the wheel hop and that annoying vibration at idle, correct?
Old 04-23-2013, 10:08 AM   #46
suss6052
Focus Addict

Quote:
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the purpose of this rmm. On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being worst and 10 being best, how much of a difference is it? Usually if I'm gonna get on it and go, I turn traction controll off. It's supposed to reduce the wheel hop and that annoying vibration at idle, correct?
With the T.C. off it just roasts the tires on a full bore launch (at least it did with the 16" wheels) and bounced a little bit depending on the road conditions. With the T.C. on in drive depending on the road surface and what not it would still clang after it broke in a bit.

It is stiffer so may actually increase idle vibrations somewhat, but not noticibly after awhile, but it does help to prevent the engine from moving quite as much.

I actually didn't notice any clanging when taking off aggressively from behind the starter's stand at the hpde I just attended on sunday, where as the stock mount was so bad it would do it even on a mild acceleration.

Most of the problem with it still clanging now is due to the TCS applying the brakes afaik.

There are stiffer mounts out there, but other than the E-Focus mount I've not necessarily heard much good about them. The MS3 mount helps and doesn't cost a whole lot for a better part.

I'm not sure how I'd rate it, I changed the stock mount nearly 10k miles away. Probably easily a 6 or 7, its not perfect, but its not a fail either for under $50.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #47
RedVAhb757
Focus Enthusiast

So it's the Mazda speed 3 mount, not the regular 3
Mazda, correct?
Old 04-23-2013, 10:27 AM   #48
suss6052
Focus Addict

Quote:
So it's the Mazda speed 3 mount, not the regular 3
Mazda, correct?
Yes, the regular Mazda 3 mount has three windows in the rubber and isn't the one you want. the Speed 3 mount is the one I have.

Quote:
You can order a stock MS3 rmm at your local Mazda Dealership, the part number is : BBN-39-040 price is right around $40, also order the Factory Mazda bolt: 9YA0-2A-226A will cost about $9
That was for the Speed 3 mount.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:44 AM   #49
RedVAhb757
Focus Enthusiast

So you gotta remove that bottom engine cover under the car to get to the mount as well I assume. Anywhere you can jack the car from the front so you can put jackstands under the front behind the front wheels. I don't see many places under this car to jack it & be able to put stands under it
Old 04-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #50
Darth Obvious
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113422
What I Drive: 2013 Focus SE Sedan - Manual

FF Reputation: 1 Darth Obvious Good Standing Member
Quote:
So you gotta remove that bottom engine cover under the car to get to the mount as well I assume. Anywhere you can jack the car from the front so you can put jackstands under the front behind the front wheels. I don't see many places under this car to jack it & be able to put stands under it
There are little triangle arrows along the side plastic panels near the bottom edge of the car that point to jack spots. If you aren't sure where, it should show you in the owner's manual.

Also, you will have to support the engine with at least one jack near the mount, so that when you remove the mount itself the engine is still being supported.

Bookmarks & Social Networks