Are Titanium Models Considered Rare? - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-03-2013, 05:25 PM   #31
alphazare88
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108051
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Grey Metallic SE

FF Reputation: 1 alphazare88 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I see a lot of Ti models rolling around in Los Angeles. In fact I see more of them than any other trim level.
The only s models I see are usually fleet/company vehicles.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 05:55 PM   #32
raptor1956
Focus Addict

Fan#: 97725
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus Titanium

Points 4,173, Level 41
Points: 4,173, Level: 41 Points: 4,173, Level: 41 Points: 4,173, Level: 41
Level Up 12% Completed
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 raptor1956 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
I did and got exactly what we wanted down to the color and 5 speed (only one on the lot) and the options were spot on with the sport package,sync and sunroof and the SE trim level gives me what I wanted and none of what I didn't care about. I even wanted the 16"s since I knew I could sell them and the tires fairly quick to offset the cost of better bigger wheels.

We totally got lucky with timing working all around for us to be considering a new car and seeing it from the road as we drove by the dealership and having the options we desired. If it was so equipped but in another color or with the DCT we would've passed and would've had to order one.
I ordered in April of 2012 and the car was built in early May. I was afraid that most of the rarer cars like the Ti would have been sitting on the lot for a long time and might have been built when they were still sorting out the DCT assembly/parts. Ordering as I did made sure it was virgin when I got it.

Actually, when I picked it up it had almost 70 miles on it and there was a note in the sales package that the car had been randomly selected for an extended quality check drive.

But, in the end I got exactly what I wanted and have only had a few MFT issues with the newest MFT version -- was OK with the earlier versions. I've also had zero problems with the DCT and I'm averaging over 37mpg for the entire 16,000 miles I've put on it.

The next chance I get (I'm away from home just now) I plan to download the newest MFT and do a fresh install after a reset -- I hope that returns me to the previous operating level.

Brian
Old 04-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #33
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,295, Level 35
Points: 3,295, Level: 35 Points: 3,295, Level: 35 Points: 3,295, Level: 35
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Hi everyone,

As an FYI, you can get information about how rare your vehicle is in a particular model year by requesting research from our Customer Relationship Center. Give them a call at 1-800-392-3673 and they'll help you out.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 04-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #34
valmundo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89368
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE & 2013 ST2

Points 3,987, Level 40
Points: 3,987, Level: 40 Points: 3,987, Level: 40 Points: 3,987, Level: 40
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 2%
FF Reputation: 12 valmundo Great Standing Member
I live close to a dealership so I see the same set of Ti's in my neighborhood: There is a white TI hatch, a white Ti sedan, a ruby red Ti hatch, and mine is a Yellow Blaze Ti Hatch 5spd (the best configuration...ever).
Old 04-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #35
rick217
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110731
What I Drive: FORMERLY a 2013 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 rick217 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by valmundo View Post
I live close to a dealership so I see the same set of Ti's in my neighborhood: There is a white TI hatch, a white Ti sedan, a ruby red Ti hatch, and mine is a Yellow Blaze Ti Hatch 5spd (the best configuration...ever).
How are they holding out insofar as reliability?
Old 04-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #36
trekpixel
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97904
What I Drive: 2002 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 trekpixel Good Standing Member
I own a TI but I don't see any in my area. I do see Fusion Tis and Escape Tis often though.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:24 PM   #37
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Lemon

Points 2,284, Level 28
Points: 2,284, Level: 28 Points: 2,284, Level: 28 Points: 2,284, Level: 28
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 0 Tubeway Army Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by valmundo View Post
They must be more popular in Broward? Several of the dealers in Palm Beach County have limited stock, maybe 1 or two and a few have a lot in inventory that are not moving. Wayne Akers is Lake Worth has the most Titaniums I have seen yet, most are loaded with 18 wheels, navigation and etc.

You made a good choice on the 5 speed, I am having nothing with problems with the DCT and I am only at just over 1K miles, car is only 1 month old. I have not seen a Titanium 5 speed in dealer stock here.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:52 PM   #38
ThatFocusAgain
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103779
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford White ST

FF Reputation: 1 ThatFocusAgain Good Standing Member
Im pretty closebto the dc area and I see as many ti as any other model. I've only seen on st on the road. And that's mine
Old 04-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #39
valmundo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89368
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE & 2013 ST2

Points 3,987, Level 40
Points: 3,987, Level: 40 Points: 3,987, Level: 40 Points: 3,987, Level: 40
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 2%
FF Reputation: 12 valmundo Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubeway Army View Post
They must be more popular in Broward? Several of the dealers in Palm Beach County have limited stock, maybe 1 or two and a few have a lot in inventory that are not moving. Wayne Akers is Lake Worth has the most Titaniums I have seen yet, most are loaded with 18 wheels, navigation and etc.

You made a good choice on the 5 speed, I am having nothing with problems with the DCT and I am only at just over 1K miles, car is only 1 month old. I have not seen a Titanium 5 speed in dealer stock here.
The wife and I actually own two Focii: Hers is a red SE Sport with the DCT and mine is the Ti 5spd. Although it may not seem like it now but the DCT "issues" goes away most of the time. We put 20K on the DCT before it COMPLETELY behaved without any shudders, etc. The 5spd is more fun to drive but the DCT absolutely smokes the 5spd in terms of MPG. Also the DCT is silky smooth on the highway. I got the 5spd not because of the DCT issues but because I have always driven an manual and when I found the Ti with the 5spd, I had to have it. I especially love the color (Yellow Blaze). At first glance, some folks think I'm driving an ST before they take a second look and realize otherwise.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #40
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

Points 4,156, Level 41
Points: 4,156, Level: 41 Points: 4,156, Level: 41 Points: 4,156, Level: 41
Level Up 3% Completed
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%
Forum Activity 2%
FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
But the 5spd smokes the DCT in performance and I'll take that anyday considering I still get almost 29mpg with nearly all city driving and 1 mile commutes. And the one extended 700 mile round trip I took in the car netted me 33mpg going up and over the continental divide and back and averaging 75-80mph with a 25 mile stretch tailing an Audi at 115mph.

I am kinda glad any Focus is uncommon in my area since my Focus with simple mods was easy to make stand out unlike the STI which I'm aware of at least 5 others within a couple miles of my house,almost wish I didn't have a blue one.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.