My first 8 months as a Focus owner - questions & impressions - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-02-2013, 10:09 PM   #11
tedweiser
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 112759
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Sonic Blue

FF Reputation: 1 tedweiser Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ah, how did I forget to list your #2? I have had that happen a lot since the latest upgrade as well. It seems that if I'm playing just one artist, it's more likely to start in the right place when I come back to the car. If I'm playing all songs or a playlist, it's just like you said: 50/50 chance that the first song will be the same one it plays anytime it indexes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor1956 View Post
The new version of MFT has given me more problems than all the previous versions. The issues that the new version has is:

1. Had difficulty holding a connection to the same Android phone (SGNexus) that I've had since I bought the car.

2. The audio (USB) will start-up playing the list of songs from the top of the alpha-numeric order even if I was playing an album when the car was shut off. It does this about half the time and never in the previous version. Similarly, if the album completes while driving and I don't start a new one the audio stops as it should, but when I start the car the next time there's a 50% chance it will start playing from the beginning of the song order as before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 10:14 PM   #12
tedweiser
Focus Rookie

I have tried that when I run into the problem, and the Sync voice commands don't even acknowledge that Nav exists. It will reject any Nav-related command and does not list "Navigation" as the top-level help options ("Phone", "Climate Control", "Entertainment" or whatever the exact wording is) with the voice error response.

It's like Nav is not loaded at all, except for a cached version of some components, like Favorites and the map location where I began that particular drive (which never updates as I drive when this bug is happening).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonpalm View Post
To avoid pressing the screen, use voice commands to insert navigation directions . The voice commands are: "navigation" --> "set destination address" --> "12345 mainstreet Austin" ---> confirm address on screen by saying "1" or "2" etc. --> press SYNC paddle again --> "set as destination".
Old 04-03-2013, 10:13 AM   #13
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104183
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 dragonpalm Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedweiser View Post
I have tried that when I run into the problem, and the Sync voice commands don't even acknowledge that Nav exists. It will reject any Nav-related command and does not list "Navigation" as the top-level help options ("Phone", "Climate Control", "Entertainment" or whatever the exact wording is) with the voice error response.

It's like Nav is not loaded at all, except for a cached version of some components, like Favorites and the map location where I began that particular drive (which never updates as I drive when this bug is happening).
I know this may be obvious, but perhaps your car doesn't have navigation installed? Navigation is not standard on models with the MyFord Touch screen (it's a $795 option). A good way to find out is to check the SD card slot inside your arm rest/center console for an A3 or A4 navigation SD card. If it's there, bring your car back to the dealer and get them to make the navigation work. If it's not there, double-check to make sure you paid for navigation (lookup window sticker using VIN: http://www.researchmaniacs.com/VIN-N...cker/Ford.html). If you did, take it back to the dealer.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #14
BenSlocum
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108927
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black 5 door SE

FF Reputation: 1 BenSlocum Good Standing Member
Quote:
I know this may be obvious, but perhaps your car doesn't have navigation installed? Navigation is not standard on models with the MyFord Touch screen (it's a $795 option). A good way to find out is to check the SD card slot inside your arm rest/center console for an A3 or A4 navigation SD card. If it's there, bring your car back to the dealer and get them to make the navigation work. If it's not there, double-check to make sure you paid for navigation (lookup window sticker using VIN: http://www.researchmaniacs.com/VIN-N...cker/Ford.html). If you did, take it back to the dealer.
Now that this is brought up I would have to say that is one of my small annoyances with my car. Why does my car tell me "route guidance not activated" or "turn list not available" when I don't have navigation? Wouldn't it have been easy to simply remove these options from the sync command menu so I don't have to deal with the occasional "turn list not activated" when I ask for "artist: modest mouse" or so via sync.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:21 AM   #15
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenSlocum View Post
Now that this is brought up I would have to say that is one of my small annoyances with my car. Why does my car tell me "route guidance not activated" or "turn list not available" when I don't have navigation? Wouldn't it have been easy to simply remove these options from the sync command menu so I don't have to deal with the occasional "turn list not activated" when I ask for "artist: modest mouse" or so via sync.
I agree, they should have designed it better but one could say that about many MFT related things.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #16
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Titanium DCT Dilemma

FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
My only complaint with MFT is no Applink, I read they are working on it but other than that I have had no issues with it.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:32 AM   #17
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 9 PratoN Good Standing Member
Personally, I think MFT has improved VASTLY since v2.10. I no longer get mad at it while driving.

My only complaints are with POIs/navigation. My brother will say "Meet me at XYZ." and I'll immediately go to my phone to get the address because MFT requires too much information that I don't know offhand... like the city it's in (and thanks to the government, I can't even enter it into MFT while driving).
Old 04-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #18
tedweiser
Focus Rookie

Thanks, it's always good to confirm things like this. I definitely have the navigation - it worked without issue (I use it daily) with the previous MFT version and the A3 card. I got the A4 card with the MFT update. It doesn't happen all the time, but probably a couple times a week where it lock up in this limbo state.

Quote:
Old 04-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #19
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedweiser View Post
Thanks, it's always good to confirm things like this. I definitely have the navigation - it worked without issue (I use it daily) with the previous MFT version and the A3 card. I got the A4 card with the MFT update. It doesn't happen all the time, but probably a couple times a week where it lock up in this limbo state.
Did navigation voice commands work on your previous MFT version with the A3 card? If I'm understanding correctly, navigation (including voice commands) worked fine with the A3 card and your previous MFT version. Since updating to 3.5.1 and the A4 card, navigation voice commands no longer work and the system occasionally locks up. If this is the case, your dealer can and should do some work to get it functioning correctly. I don't use navigation everyday but when I do need it in a pinch, I need it to work flawlessly, including the important voice command functions.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:33 PM   #20
liquidblue88
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109694
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black 5dr Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 liquidblue88 Good Standing Member
Number 6 really annoys me. It is like a CD player skipping type of cut out. Just for a second or so.. but it happens so consistently that it really bothers me. Now that I have heard other people have the same issues I guess that it is a problem across all Focuses.

Bookmarks & Social Networks