Woot Woot! Goodbye to my LAST Ford car! - Page 7 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #61
felixthecat
w/ my magic bag

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 10,489, Level 68
Points: 10,489, Level: 68 Points: 10,489, Level: 68 Points: 10,489, Level: 68
Level Up 10% Completed
Level up: 10% Level up: 10% Level up: 10%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 59 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
i would like to recommend that anyone looking to get rid of their 2012+ focus buy a 2011 focus. It's still better than every other domestic compact on the market today lol.
this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mixBigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2013, 11:14 PM   #62
MisterH
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89103
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Metallic SE

Points 122, Level 2
Points: 122, Level: 2 Points: 122, Level: 2 Points: 122, Level: 2
Level Up 44% Completed
Level up: 44% Level up: 44% Level up: 44%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 MisterH Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by CotyM View Post
Oh man, a the kia soul was higher on the list! to bad it's [s]not[/s] a kia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kuCPoHl6PY
I had a Soul as a rental car on vacation this fall. It was awful. I can't imagine what the Dart is like if it is rated worse than the Soul.

Old 04-14-2013, 03:41 AM   #63
estoyloco
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85580
What I Drive: 2013 Dart Limited

FF Reputation: 1 estoyloco Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1fordfan View Post
Wonder if he will come back on here in a few months when his new dodge is screwing up and bitch about how bad it is??
Probably not since I had problems with my Focus since day one, and so far I haven't had any issues with the Dart (knock on wood). I don't have a need to protect a car on an internet forum but I get it for some its all they have and its their baby.

But I can tell you after 800+ miles of ownership:
1-The Darts interior has more soft features than the Focus to include more leather i.e. on the dash. In fact the interior is nicely put together vs. my Focus which had random gaps throughout the cabin.
2-The Dart does not randomly forget my garage door opener code like my Focus did.
3-The Dart's rain-sensing wipers actually work vs. my Focus that would just randomly pick a speed. i.e. fast when there is hardly any rain, and slow when it was down pouring.
4-The Dart's back vents don't magically deteriorate like my Focus did.
5-The Dart's lumbar controls doesn't fall off like my Focus did.
6-The Dart's weather seals are actually intact, doesn't have huge gaps in the windows, which my Focus had and which Ford claims is "normal"
7-The Dart's infotainment system is not glitchy, fast responsive, and actually works which took Ford only multiple updates 2 years and it is still not perfect. And my comment about how MFT in its current state should have been when it was released with is not a compliment. It is still far from polished and has bugs still.
8-My Dart's clock does not randomly reset itself - I guess you can cough that up to MFT as well.
9-My Dart's doors actually lock, when I tell them to. Yes I had my Focus fixed under the TSB guess what happened? I got sent to collections for the rental the dealer gave me, because they forgot to walk down the hall and pay for the courtesy vehicle... And the problem came back about a week later.
10-The Dart does not stutter when accelerating.
11-The Dart does not downshift too early, or upshift too soon.
12-The Dart's Parkview actually works well. Vs. my Focus randomly kept saying no backup camera (yes I did not have the camera, but I did have backup sensors, regardless for it to randomly prompt error message instead...)
13-I pay the same monthly payments and less in total interest to own my Dart than to continue my loan on my Focus.
14-I also get 2.7MPG more in my Dart than my Focus based on my driving.
15-I will give the Focus this, road noise was a little quieter though not by much.
16-Edit: just paired my phone, the Dart can read and text back messages using Voice which my Focus couldn't do. Though I could blame this on phone compatibility... or the Bluetooth is just built better in the UConnect who knows.

And yes while my gripe has been MFT in my previous posts, it was not inclusive to the only problems I was having. However it was the most annoying aspect of the car; I use my car for two things, transportation and entertainment while doing it.

Nothing sets off a bad mood driving 30-40 minutes to work or coming home after a hard day, and having a bad experience on the drive.
So thanks for your concern, I will take my chances with Dodge infact any OTHER car and make other than MY focus.
Don't know why I would waste more energy, time, stress and money over a junk of a car if I can get rid of it.

Congrats to those that haven't had any problems. Guaranteed your story would be different if otherwise.

Last edited by estoyloco; 04-14-2013 at 11:11 AM.

Old 04-14-2013, 04:16 AM   #64
zetecDon
Where am I?

Fan#: 62506
What I Drive: 02 ZX3, 02 MX-5

Points 12,531, Level 73
Points: 12,531, Level: 73 Points: 12,531, Level: 73 Points: 12,531, Level: 73
Level Up 21% Completed
Level up: 21% Level up: 21% Level up: 21%
Forum Activity 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%
FF Reputation: 28 zetecDon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (45)
If you were having so much trouble with the Focus you could have sought out the Lemon Laws that apply in your state to see if they applied to you. I know in my state, if you have to take the vehicle in for service to the same part 3 times it automatically qualifies. Just the same if your new vehicle spends more than a certain amount of days in the shop as compared to how many days it is in your hands. Of course you have to verify all this information with paperwork, but that shouldn't be too difficult since the work is being done at the dealership. If that much would have been happening to me, I would have definitely jumped on the Lemon Law as fast as possible.

Old 04-14-2013, 04:58 AM   #65
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: kermit

Points 14,608, Level 78
Points: 14,608, Level: 78 Points: 14,608, Level: 78 Points: 14,608, Level: 78
Level Up 40% Completed
Level up: 40% Level up: 40% Level up: 40%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
ehh, seems he was in too big a hurry to lose money trading it in to get a new and improved rebadged neon.
Hope he enjoys it, they cant get rid of darts around here. then again, they cant get rid of focus either. mitsu's seem to be appearing out of thin air tho as well as jeeps.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #66
estoyloco
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetecDon View Post
If you were having so much trouble with the Focus you could have sought out the Lemon Laws that apply in your state to see if they applied to you. I know in my state, if you have to take the vehicle in for service to the same part 3 times it automatically qualifies. Just the same if your new vehicle spends more than a certain amount of days in the shop as compared to how many days it is in your hands. Of course you have to verify all this information with paperwork, but that shouldn't be too difficult since the work is being done at the dealership. If that much would have been happening to me, I would have definitely jumped on the Lemon Law as fast as possible.
Easier said than done especially when you move multiple times, can't get to service during the times they are open (oh and to claim no rental vehicle for drop of service while I am at it), and they refuse the document the issue properly and put down generic or random items on the documents. Maybe I didn't raise hell enough with the dealership, but it is not the responsibility of the a new car owner to. Hell it still confuses me, because any warranty work done by the dealership gets paid by Ford, so it is not like they aren't making money. BTW before anyone asks I have been to a total of 4 different dealers since owning it, I'm not going to drive more around the country just to get this car serviced, wasting time and money. Welcome to the world of Ford service.

Besides nothing to worry about, its done and gone. It is someone else's problem now, Ford Service will take care of them right? *wink*

Old 04-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #67
estoyloco
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEnvy View Post
ehh, seems he was in too big a hurry to lose money trading it in to get a new and improved rebadged neon.
Hope he enjoys it, they cant get rid of darts around here. then again, they cant get rid of focus either. mitsu's seem to be appearing out of thin air tho as well as jeeps.
I will take a rebadged neon over a lemon focus any day.

And the money wasn't really a loss if I needed a car anyways, either way you slice it I would have spent money on a car.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #68
felixthecat
w/ my magic bag

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 10,489, Level 68
Points: 10,489, Level: 68 Points: 10,489, Level: 68 Points: 10,489, Level: 68
Level Up 10% Completed
Level up: 10% Level up: 10% Level up: 10%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 59 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
[QUOTE=estoyloco;4684370] Maybe I didn't raise hell enough with the dealership, but it is not the responsibility of the a new car owner to. Hell it still confuses me, because any warranty work done by the dealership gets paid by Ford, so it is not like they aren't making money. BTW before anyone asks I have been to a total of 4 different dealers

FYI= Techs don't get paid a lot doing warranty work. A dealership that has a lot of warranty work claims for the same or similar work is going to be checked w/ the manufacters people coming in & checking everthing. Its not as simple as you think. And that happens w/ all dealers not just ford. Warranty work pays crap hrs for techs. The dealership doesn't make that much money on warranty work.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mixBigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131

Old 04-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #69
estoyloco
Focus Enthusiast

[QUOTE=felixthecat;4684437]
Quote:
Originally Posted by estoyloco View Post
Maybe I didn't raise hell enough with the dealership, but it is not the responsibility of the a new car owner to. Hell it still confuses me, because any warranty work done by the dealership gets paid by Ford, so it is not like they aren't making money. BTW before anyone asks I have been to a total of 4 different dealers

FYI= Techs don't get paid a lot doing warranty work. A dealership that has a lot of warranty work claims for the same or similar work is going to be checked w/ the manufacters people coming in & checking everthing. Its not as simple as you think. And that happens w/ all dealers not just ford. Warranty work pays crap hrs for techs. The dealership doesn't make that much money on warranty work.
Don't know I must have had good luck with Dodge dealerships I guess then. They offered to replace the leather on the armrest console (free of charge) of my wife's Journey when I took delivery because it had a black line about 1/2 inch that they couldn't be remove during detailing. I declined it.

Then when I took it home, about a week later I noticed a very faint ticking noise when I had the A/C on. Took it in, they scoped the vents, tech listened through the entire car, isolated the vent. Took apart the entire panel and the vent and found the 1mm loose casting that was causing it, saved it to show me and I never had the same problem. (BTW the sound was so faint that the tech was scoping the car out for an hour trying to isolate it)

Oh the other hand, I did own a Ford Fusion 08 whose oil pressure sensor was disconnected; they did fix it no problems. Had my seats that did not sit back up, I had to manually pull lever and pull seat back into position. Dealer supposedly sent it to have it looked at, said it was normal operation.
Had my right speakers that would vibrate horribly when playing music even at standard Bass settings. Said it was normal operation and nothing they could do... even though none of the other speakers had the same problem. Only fix? I turned down the bass -3 in order for it to stop.
Mind you this was a Blue Oval dealer as well and I still consider them probably still one of the best dealerships I've had experience with in the 10+ different Ford dealerships I've dealt with in my entire Ford ownership history.

Well Focus... yeah I won't even go into that.

So long story short, I've had better customer care after the fact with Dodge. Seems what Ford seems to care about is get the customer out the door and don't worry about them.

I don't care if tech's or dealerships get paid much for warranty work. I paid a premium to buy a new car and expect a warranty. What good is it, if it is such a hassle to get anything fixed under it?

Old 04-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #70
flyboyike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98206
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE sedan

FF Reputation: 3 flyboyike Good Standing Member
Life is too short to do things one doesn't enjoy. If he wasn't enjoying his Focus, it was time for something else.

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks