2012 clutch - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-30-2013, 05:38 PM   #1
Zuesskroph
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103288
What I Drive: 2012 tuxedo black focus s

FF Reputation: 1 Zuesskroph Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
2012 clutch

Is the clutch adjustable in the 2012?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2013, 06:45 PM   #2
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 89280
What I Drive: '12 Yellow Focus SE stick, 17"rims

Points 12,618, Level 73
Points: 12,618, Level: 73 Points: 12,618, Level: 73 Points: 12,618, Level: 73
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 25%
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%
FF Reputation: 14 Elizabeth Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hydraulic. if you have any issues with low pedal, the slave cylinder could be bled. (it is connected to the master brake cylinder, and uses that fluid)
If the dealer is answering "there is NO adjustment." then ask them to bleed the system.
If a bubble of air is in there, it can be annoying.
The clutch can be a little odd with a bubble of air in the hydraulic system, changing as the car heats up (due to the air bubble expanding)
The dealer certainly should be willing to bleed it under warranty if it is acting a little odd. (low pedal engagement)

If it is not an air bubble, the slave or pedal cylinder may be damaged.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #3
Zuesskroph
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
Hydraulic. if you have any issues with low pedal, the slave cylinder could be bled. (it is connected to the master brake cylinder, and uses that fluid)
If the dealer is answering "there is NO adjustment." then ask them to bleed the system.
If a bubble of air is in there, it can be annoying.
The clutch can be a little odd with a bubble of air in the hydraulic system, changing as the car heats up (due to the air bubble expanding)
The dealer certainly should be willing to bleed it under warranty if it is acting a little odd. (low pedal engagement)

If it is not an air bubble, the slave or pedal cylinder may be damaged.
Ty I actually don't like how high my pedal goes before it engages the clutch
Old 03-31-2013, 04:50 AM   #4
StingRay
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 67421
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver ST

Points 1,436, Level 21
Points: 1,436, Level: 21 Points: 1,436, Level: 21 Points: 1,436, Level: 21
Level Up 36% Completed
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 StingRay Good Standing Member
I doubt that is adjustable. But I actually liked that lol. Just a flick of the ankle and I was in the next gear.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:13 AM   #5
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 27,131, Level 97
Points: 27,131, Level: 97 Points: 27,131, Level: 97 Points: 27,131, Level: 97
Level Up 79% Completed
Level up: 79% Level up: 79% Level up: 79%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
If there is any adjustment to that it will be in the pedal itself under the dash. I don't remember any adjustment there. Hydraulic clutches always seem to engage like that.

What people don't remember is all the problem of clutches "back in the good old days" when there was adjustment. Everybody forgets how many times during the life of the car that the clutch rod would slip off the fork, or push through the fork. This never happens on dry, sunny days. Nobody remembers the cable clutches, and how one day you'd get in and clutch would be difficult to push down, then halfway to grandma's house the cable would totally lock up. No amount of WD40 or duct tape could save you. You'd have to meet some toothless Deliverance reject who towed your car to a gas station repair shop at 1 am, and didn't even point you to a motel. Yep, the good old days were better- right?

Here's my favorite "good old days" epiphany: 99.9% of the idiots who tell you that "man I got this car because carbs are better, I can work on those" have never rebuilt a carburetor, and never will. "Working on a carb" to them is fiddling around with the A/F, throttle linkage, and idle screw until they give up and spend $500 on a new carb to replace a perfectly good carb that is simply way out of adjustment. Remember that when you meet one of these fellows in the future. Do not mention how all the cars from the "good old days" had only lap belts to protect you from hitting the metal dashboards. It's Darwinism working for us all.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:32 PM   #6
asting
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98342
What I Drive: 2012, Tux Blk Met Focus 5d Sport

Points 509, Level 10
Points: 509, Level: 10 Points: 509, Level: 10 Points: 509, Level: 10
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 asting Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post
If there is any adjustment to that it will be in the pedal itself under the dash. I don't remember any adjustment there. Hydraulic clutches always seem to engage like that.

What people don't remember is all the problem of clutches "back in the good old days" when there was adjustment. Everybody forgets how many times during the life of the car that the clutch rod would slip off the fork, or push through the fork. This never happens on dry, sunny days. Nobody remembers the cable clutches, and how one day you'd get in and clutch would be difficult to push down, then halfway to grandma's house the cable would totally lock up. No amount of WD40 or duct tape could save you. You'd have to meet some toothless Deliverance reject who towed your car to a gas station repair shop at 1 am, and didn't even point you to a motel. Yep, the good old days were better- right?

Here's my favorite "good old days" epiphany: 99.9% of the idiots who tell you that "man I got this car because carbs are better, I can work on those" have never rebuilt a carburetor, and never will. "Working on a carb" to them is fiddling around with the A/F, throttle linkage, and idle screw until they give up and spend $500 on a new carb to replace a perfectly good carb that is simply way out of adjustment. Remember that when you meet one of these fellows in the future. Do not mention how all the cars from the "good old days" had only lap belts to protect you from hitting the metal dashboards. It's Darwinism working for us all.
haha well said.
There's a reason performance cars are fuel injected and not carbed nowadays, I promise they don't make more power.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:27 AM   #7
Zuesskroph
Focus Enthusiast

Lol man that was a big rant about the "good ole days",I actually have a couple vehicles from the good ole days,I just want to adjust my freaking clutch! Lol
Old 04-01-2013, 05:37 AM   #8
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 27,131, Level 97
Points: 27,131, Level: 97 Points: 27,131, Level: 97 Points: 27,131, Level: 97
Level Up 79% Completed
Level up: 79% Level up: 79% Level up: 79%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
I feel ya about that. Unfortunately thats something that you'll just have to get used to with a hydraulic clutch. I had issues with mine that I couldn't repair either. The slave cylinder would get stuck sometimes if I tried shifting too quickly- so WHEN did that happen? I can't tell you how many backwards hat Honda drivers got a laugh out of my car. Well, actually only 2. After the repeat incident I don't screw with it any more.

Did you check under the dash at the top of the pedal? It might be possible to get just a little out of the master cylinder if you loosen the screws. Yes, the MC is mounted under the dash at the top of the pedal.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:39 AM   #9
SPRAYPAINT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89747
What I Drive: 2014 Sterling Grey Focus SE Sedan

Points 2,178, Level 28
Points: 2,178, Level: 28 Points: 2,178, Level: 28 Points: 2,178, Level: 28
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 2 SPRAYPAINT Good Standing Member
My question is: Is there an after market clutch for our car yet. I know it has the MTX75 trans but the flywheels from the older 2.0 and the 2.3 are different. I have checked with Exedy and FS werks and noone seems to know.

Some may say there is not a need for a better clutch because there is not enough performance upgrades for the car yet to over power the clutch. I say, I'm getting all the info and parts together to put on the car when tuning is available. With what I have found and seen so far on the dyno charts these car WILL do over 250HP N/A at the flywheel and I'm sure the factory clutch will be well taxed at that. My personal goal is to have the same HP or a little more that the ST but without the turbo or the body.

January 2012 Ride Of The Month
Old 04-01-2013, 08:24 AM   #10
Zuesskroph
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post
I feel ya about that. Unfortunately thats something that you'll just have to get used to with a hydraulic clutch. I had issues with mine that I couldn't repair either. The slave cylinder would get stuck sometimes if I tried shifting too quickly- so WHEN did that happen? I can't tell you how many backwards hat Honda drivers got a laugh out of my car. Well, actually only 2. After the repeat incident I don't screw with it any more.

Did you check under the dash at the top of the pedal? It might be possible to get just a little out of the master cylinder if you loosen the screws. Yes, the MC is mounted under the dash at the top of the pedal.
I have not even messed with it yet I wanted to see if anyone on here had any info first cause I personally hate messing with the trans/clutch but ill look at it later,and to the aftermarket clutch I have yet to see one but I would also like a stage 2 clutch just because I like the feel of it and how it grabs.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.