Focus misunderstood - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #21
dieselboy77
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 61381
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST ST3

FF Reputation: 2 dieselboy77 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEnvy View Post
spot on.
the st is pretty much a joke with limited upgrades which cost a mint to get anything considered real hp.
pretty sad when you consider a person can pick up a base mustang for 22k and have 305hp on 87 octane, unlike the st needing premium.
and I know someones going to try and bag on weight difference, if ordered right it can weigh in at 3300lb. the st is a portly 3220lbs.
and the focus line in general is more to insure.
every car I've had since walking away from the tin can of a focus (fusion sport, now mustang) is quieter inside, nicer riding, far better handling, far quicker, better or the same gas mileage, holds value far better, cheaper to insure, etc.
Way more negatives to the focus I wish I would have seen in the 10 yrs I owned 3 of them. I still own my svt which is being returned to stock and relegated to my 50 mile daily round trip commute until it pukes. I see the focus for what it is, a tin can with 4 wheels to get back and forth, a throw away car once it wears out.
Yeah , try to sit 2 people in the backseat of the mustang

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2013, 10:43 PM   #22
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: 13 stang

FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselboy77 View Post
Yeah , try to sit 2 people in the backseat of the mustang
no problem, your point being? oh yeah, you think the focus has more room...

Old 06-09-2013, 10:53 PM   #23
dieselboy77
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
no problem, your point being? oh yeah, you think the focus has more room...
it actually does

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

im 6 foot and i can sit in the back without my knee touching the front seat and my driver seat is set for a confortable driving position

Old 06-09-2013, 11:13 PM   #24
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

lol, and according to mt its a whole 3" of rear leg room.
whats sad is your little comparison just blew itself out of the water. you see since its a hatch all that is considered interior volume at 90.7cf. the mustang, well interior is 83.3 not including trunk volume.
keep trying your little comparisons trying to justify your overpriced econobox. you won't impress me any

Old 06-09-2013, 11:22 PM   #25
2.0 Focus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94292
What I Drive: 2007 White Focus

FF Reputation: 0 2.0 Focus Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselboy77 View Post
it actually does

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

im 6 foot and i can sit in the back without my knee touching the front seat and my driver seat is set for a confortable driving position
The only problem is that guy is nowhere near 5'11", and the other one, the girl is so short when she stands beside the mazda 3 it looks like an SUV . Not the best two people to rely on amount of height and legroom, not to mention comfort.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:28 PM   #26
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

And besides, you seem to think I bought a mustang to carry passengers. You'd be so wrong on that point also. Who buys a performance car to haul people around?

Old 06-10-2013, 01:56 AM   #27
#1fordfan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83143
What I Drive: 2005 white se zx4

FF Reputation: 3 #1fordfan Good Standing Member
who buys a focus and thinks it anything but a cheap,reliable econobox? If I wanted speed,I would have bought a mustang,If I wanted comfort,I would have bought a lincoln.

Old 06-10-2013, 06:03 AM   #28
dieselboy77
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
whats sad is your little comparison just blew itself out of the water. you see since its a hatch all that is considered interior volume at 90.7cf. the mustang, well interior is 83.3 not including trunk volume.
keep trying your little comparisons trying to justify your overpriced econobox. you won't impress me any
An I ? I need a car that can carry backseat pessengers and the mustang is worthless to me, oh yeah finance guru tell me which compact car isn't overpriced ?

Old 06-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #29
replica81
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88615
What I Drive: 05 ST

FF Reputation: 3 replica81 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.0 Focus View Post
Unless you have ideally smooth roads the 99-07 focus oem ride it horrid.

Why people don't like these cars? They have an uncomfortable ride, uncomfortable seats, extremely heavy steering, limited sound insulation and very noisy at highway speeds (wagon), heater is weak, a/c is weak, auto transmission shifting is horrible and has a mind of it own, not the best crash safety rating (but it is an old car), handbrake is weak as hell, sticking throttle body during winter (design flaw, non fixable), windshield always fogs up during winter (noticed its only on focuses) and abs cancels out front braking completely during winter.

These things even for a cheap compact that costs 15 grand are something that ford could have easily corrected with $500. And if you calculate inflation its about 20 grand in today's money, not the cheapest car.

And that ST focus is a joke. Who would spend that kind of money for a front wheel drive "sports" car with 250 horses. There are so many other better rear wheel drive choices.
The ride seems fine for a car of its class. It wasn't much of a step down in comfort from my 2012 Mustang.

I don't have any of the problems you're mentioning here.
Quote:
I think the current ST is massively overpriced. I made the same choice when shopping the two and got a base V6 Mustang for $18,500 brand new. There are some benefits to the ST, the steering feel is better and even if the interior space isn't vastly superior, the ability to access it sure is. That Mustang trunk opening sucks. There's also no room to put anything in the 2005+ Mustangs. I used to put my phone inbetween the speedo and the tach since the door pockets were worthless and I was too busy accidentally stuffing my elbow in the damn cupholders.
SR #272
Beer and Metal.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #30
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.0 Focus View Post
Why people don't like these cars? They have an uncomfortable ride, uncomfortable seats, extremely heavy steering, limited sound insulation and very noisy at highway speeds (wagon), heater is weak, a/c is weak, auto transmission shifting is horrible and has a mind of it own, not the best crash safety rating (but it is an old car), handbrake is weak as hell, sticking throttle body during winter (design flaw, non fixable), windshield always fogs up during winter (noticed its only on focuses) and abs cancels out front braking completely during winter.

These things even for a cheap compact that costs 15 grand are something that ford could have easily corrected with $500. And if you calculate inflation its about 20 grand in today's money, not the cheapest car.

And that ST focus is a joke. Who would spend that kind of money for a front wheel drive "sports" car with 250 horses. There are so many other better rear wheel drive choices.
You seem.... misinformed. Maybe you haven't driven anything other than your own Focus and you're basing your opinion of all Focuses on that experience.

My 2011 Focus is quieter on the highway than some more expensive cars I've been in, its nicer inside than some more expensive cars I've been in, it's more fun to drive than most cars I've been in, The heater is hot, the a/c is cold, the stick-shift is solid, add up its 8 airbags and it's one of the safest vehicles in the compact class. My handbrake works fine, my defroster works fine, and my abs works fine. They must have fixed the throttle body as well because mine has never stuck in the winter.

If you're so clever with economics, why are you ranting on the internet instead of working for Ford???? I'm sure its absolutely as easy as you think it is.

The Focus ST is probably the best "hot hatch" in the world. What sub-$25k RWD sports car can even come close to outperforming the ST? You can't say FRS, because the ST has already outperformed it in more than one track test.
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks