Luther Ford in Fargo would not turn on my cruise control. - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #11
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 89280
What I Drive: '12 Yellow Focus SE stick, 17"rims

Points 12,568, Level 73
Points: 12,568, Level: 73 Points: 12,568, Level: 73 Points: 12,568, Level: 73
Level Up 30% Completed
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%
Forum Activity 23%
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%
FF Reputation: 14 Elizabeth Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmtex View Post
I might use it maybe once a year.
I use cruise nearly every time i drive at some point.
As for Ford recommendation...Liability. They will not want to have any liability in the deal. And if Ford refuses, then the dealer will follow. If there is some item in the kit which makes it a tiny bit safer, then that is where they will go.

Cruise can be very dangerous in the wrong situation. Probably never for the op, but say after he sold the car..
Some folks elsewhere here have complained about 'unintended acceleration' because they choose to never turn cruise off! Well...
Anyway, glad the op could get it working.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #12
Kzoo2013Focus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 111303
What I Drive: 2013, Ruby Red, Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Kzoo2013Focus Good Standing Member
You bought the steering wheel from another source, installed it yourself, and then walked into the dealership expecting them to activate it for free? What a tool! Dealers don't work that way. What they told you when you bought it was that if you purchased the cruise control from them they would install it for you. That's how they work.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #13
xpeterbilt387x
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 54461
What I Drive: 14' PB ST2

Points 3,522, Level 37
Points: 3,522, Level: 37 Points: 3,522, Level: 37 Points: 3,522, Level: 37
Level Up 15% Completed
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 xpeterbilt387x Good Standing Member
I like the way Kzoo is thinking this. But more so, I don't think Ford is to blame here because this could happen with ANY, yes one more time ANNNNYYY Manufacture. Not just Ford. Dealers work in mysterious ways, and we all know it. I personally think it may be more so of a money issue. The dealer just wants you to pay x amount of dollars to have said service done. But it could most likely be a liability issue as well. (as stated by Elizabeth) It is a very simple thing and to someone like the OP who just wants it done and over with. yes its a pain over something that seems so stupid. But you also have to try and think more into it before you point the finger at anyone.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:05 PM   #14
Nik00117
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58749
What I Drive: 2011 Fusion SEL, 2010 Road Glide

FF Reputation: 0 Nik00117 Newbie
This reminds me of a similar story. I was doing a fast delivery for a customer and the customer wanted the car now. And it wasn't detailed/cleaned. I told him we needed another 30 minutes to clean/detail the car. He advised me he didn't have the time so I said "great come back and get the car detailed later" 18 months later he came back with the car being absolutely disgusting. We declined to detail his car cause our 30 minute job would of taken several hours because of the state his vehicle was in, we had promised to detail his car a year and half ago.

You waited 5 YEARS that's 1,825 days 43,800 hours or 2,628,000 minutes! I had just started my sales career 5 years ago. Rules and policies change. Maybe ford insured a new policy "Can't turn on cruise control" 3 years ago. But when someone makes you an offer you can't assume that offer will be valid for 5 years.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:15 AM   #15
macdiesel
I used to drive this

Fan#: 31579
What I Drive: 2010 mazdaspeed3

Points 4,012, Level 40
Points: 4,012, Level: 40 Points: 4,012, Level: 40 Points: 4,012, Level: 40
Level Up 31% Completed
Level up: 31% Level up: 31% Level up: 31%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 21 macdiesel Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
That's a whole lot of minutes.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #16
OPsDad
Focus Addict

Fan#: 108661
What I Drive: 2014 Fusion Titanium AWD Moonroof

FF Reputation: 2 OPsDad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
If Ford or a dealer won't help you with your out-of-warranty car that you own, when you're willing to pay them for the work, then you probably can put the blame on the legal "profession". Just sayin'. Remember, they're the second oldest "profession" and pretty much use the same standards as the oldest.
SR #265 | "Quia currus certatus, inferius"
13 Focus Ti Sedan w/Handling Pkg, MFT Sony 10 NAV, Leather
13 Focus SE HB Sterling Grey, 201A, Leather
06 F350 6.0L DRW King Ranch, Sunroof, Rhino Bed Liner, 4" MBRP Turbo Back, AirRaid, Edge Chip w/Pyro

Bookmarks & Social Networks