A Lot of Rumble and a Light Breeze in a Windy City - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-28-2013, 09:08 AM   #1
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants

Fan#: 26970
What I Drive: '11 OBP WRX Sedan

FF Reputation: 104 besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
A Lot of Rumble and a Light Breeze in a Windy City

went to chicago with some buddies, brought the family. didn't have my coilovers because of a snafu with stupid KW. so quick rundown of the 6 cars and short mod list.

Black Hatch - 626whp running a built motor, SpecB 6spd, PTE6266 turbo and wayyyy too much boost
Black Sedan - my car...you've all seen it, just a few new mods. 2010 sti front, apr carbon brake ducts, JDM tS spoiler, etc
White Hatch - alcantara interior, sick suspension, nice sound system
White Sedan - jdm god, push start, 475whp on E85 running a built motor, STi 6spd and Dominator 1.5XTR, JDM S206 exhaust (only one in US)
Silver Hatch - full retard car, 420whp on 93, built motor, Dominator 1.5XTR, RCE Tarmac2 coilovers, Benz Alanite Gray SLS AMG paint, full alcantara interior, competition sound system, etc etc etc. car was NUTS
Blue BRZ - sexy and slow. full suspension mods, rays wheels, etc

remember that building a car shouldn’t come from parts it should come from deep inside your soul. let the car speak for all the emotions, memories and experiences youve made and the car will take a life of its own. truth over fame.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2013, 09:08 AM   #2
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants

FF Reputation: 104 besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member
more pics

remember that building a car shouldn’t come from parts it should come from deep inside your soul. let the car speak for all the emotions, memories and experiences youve made and the car will take a life of its own. truth over fame.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants

still more pics

Old 05-28-2013, 09:09 AM   #4
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants

quick blurb on the meet up

This community is really about people and some of us got the idea to get together. Not a local meet-up...not track day...just members with cars hanging out in a location that we all decided would be cool. With drives that were as long as 1,200 miles, all of us got together in Chicago to check out each others cars and hang out with family.

We all have really different approaches to our cars which makes it really cool to see them all sitting together.

States represented: New York, New Jersey, Georgia, Minnesota, Missouri and Maine

this was my post about the meet up

Quote:
this was probably the best trip i've ever been a part of, we had 6 of the coolest guys (and their families) in one place. besides how amazing all these cars are, they really are incredible people.

we all drove distance, no one was from chicago, we all drove roughly 8400 miles combined. coming from as far away as Portland, Maine and as close St Louis, Missouri. we had every modding style in one place at once. this trip was a perfect representation of what this community is about. you had people with JDM obsessions, carbon fetishes, cravings for power, simplicity at it's best, everything was represented. we all had mods, some more than others, but there was something we appreciated about everyones car. i can't count the number of times in caravans i was oogling everyones cars. i was blown away constantly. honestly i dont consider my car to be much special, i am honestly honored to have been asked to join this trip and experience. you meet some people in communities that become friends, good friends. these were those people. the jokes, the just drinking and enjoying the company, shooting ideas, learning. the amount of knowledge that was assembled with us 6 was nothing short of incredible.

the amount of power by the way was well north of 2000, xluben being the majority of that. at no point was this a dick measuring contest, we respected each others cars and modding direction. we had Rotas, Advans, Works, Weddsports, and Enkeis. all of which looked incredible, multiple power levels, multiple looks, everything.

i honestly can't even put into words how insane some of these vehicles are.

rsutton - that paint is just incredible as is your sound system and interior. you'll never be able to capture that color, it's insanity. and you are such a great dude with a cool attitude and next time dsutton will be there and it'll be a great time.

xluben - your car is just full *ing retard. the brake boost and that much power is pure insanity, and the knowledge you have about these cars and how they function and all the little tricks is awesome. it was a pleasure to learn from you.

jive - man, what do you say. underglow, weiners, the whole 9 yards. you are truly one of a kind. you fit in so well with the kids.

flex - the jdm sexyness is incredible. you had the meanest looking car, going down the road it's the kind of car that eats small children and destroys worlds. it is a beautiful machine. the attention to detail is nothing short of incredible.

overland - you are probably one of the most laid back dudes i've ever met, always willing to go with the flow. everything on your car is so well thought out and purposeful. it truly is one of the best DD cars on this forum. it serves it's purpose so well.

i was honored to be a part of this, it was awesome. the pics are amazing and there are so many. just wanted to say this bit, really appreciated it guys. you are all awesome dudes. seeing some of the iconic cars on this forum in person was awe inspiring to say the least, blows minds in person.

thanks guys!
Old 05-28-2013, 09:09 AM   #5
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants

then i get back, finally got my coilovers back from KW...and my 265 Nitto NT05s put on the car, just in time for an autocross

here's a pic and a vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zuh3GUjbxdw

enjoy. sorry for the long post, but it's a bunch of cool stuff i wanted to share.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #6
2002greenzx3
Not so green zx3

Fan#: 69341
What I Drive: 2010 Mazda3 GT, 1990 Nissan 240sx

FF Reputation: 2 2002greenzx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Some sexy subi's and great pics.

Sent from my DROID using FF Mobile

DD: 2010 Mazda3 Grand Touring, 6 speed
Project/beater: 1990 Nissan 240sx, 5 speed
Old 05-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #7
replica81
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88615
What I Drive: 05 ST

FF Reputation: 3 replica81 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
The underglow on the FRS had me giggling.

I like your sedan. Really simple.
SR #272
Beer and Metal.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:43 AM   #8
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002greenzx3 View Post
Some sexy subi's and great pics.

Sent from my DROID using FF Mobile
thanks, it was nice, 3 people there were professional photographers. probably 40-50k in gear between all of them. quite insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by replica81 View Post
The underglow on the FRS had me giggling.

I like your sedan. Really simple.
thanks!!! lol thats the plan, JDMOEM+

thats a BRZ, but the underglow is funny, that guy is a character.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #9
replica81
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88615
What I Drive: 05 ST

FF Reputation: 3 replica81 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by besthaticouldo View Post
thanks!!! lol thats the plan, JDMOEM+

thats a BRZ, but the underglow is funny, that guy is a character.
I call them all FRS's. Too lazy.
SR #272
Beer and Metal.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:14 PM   #10
YellowJellyBean
Love CA / Hate CARB

Fan#: 69030
What I Drive: MÜSTÄRD

FF Reputation: 13 YellowJellyBean Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I really want to love the BRZ, but the underglow and stickers are too much :/

It's frustrating to me how clean and fast WRXs are. My old roommate just got a 2013 STI and let me drive it around—damn.

Focus Fanatics
Extremely helpful people
I made a haiku

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->