2001 Focus SE Wagon Cargo Cover retrofit - is it possible? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #1
HenryTS77
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 112051
What I Drive: 2001 Black Focus SE Wagon

FF Reputation: 1 HenryTS77 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2001 Focus SE Wagon Cargo Cover retrofit - is it possible?

Hello all - I just found this forum and have gained a lot of info so far . I recently purchased a 2001 Ford Focus SE Wagon and love it- can believe how well it handles. There were some cosmetic issues and missing items which I was able to take care of with a trek through the local u-pull it - I even got a handle/trim assembly for the tailgate - yes - some of the trim studs broke off but it was easily taken care off with some careful drilling,small galvanized sheet metal screws and some touch up paint. HOWEVER - the one thing I could not find is a cargo cover. I looked online and found them used in various places from $100 to $125 dollars which is strange considering I found a Ford dealer online selling OEM ones for $110 new Why the heck are these so pricey - I picked up a used one online for my 1999 Ford Explorer for $30 .

That brings me to my question - are there any other Ford (or other) cargo covers that can be modified to fit this wagon ( have little doubt someone has done this). I asked this on a general automotive forum (before I found this one) and they said they heard (hmm) someone had used a roll-up window shade with shaped wood blocks on the ends but I have my doubts on this. Yes - the passenger doors and windows on back including the tailgate window have privacy glass but I would like a little more cover. I will be posting later on the wanted to buy forum but from what I saw chances are slim. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2013, 11:31 PM   #2
gondorian
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105695
What I Drive: 2002 Ford Focus SE Wagon 5spd Zetec

FF Reputation: 7 gondorian Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Since the focus is rather narrow I think you would have a hard time finding any other vehicle with a cargo cover that would work.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #3
HenryTS77
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 112051
What I Drive: 2001 Black Focus SE Wagon

FF Reputation: 1 HenryTS77 Good Standing Member
Yeah - after dealing with the mud of a number of u-pull it yards locally I realized the same thing . Unfortunately the 2 responses I got via PM from my post in the WTB forum did not work out but I did finally get a reasonable quote online from a dismantler so will go with that. I could have done it on the cheap by getting a roller type shade as I mentioned before but decided to keep it OEM
Old 05-22-2013, 02:57 PM   #4
hamiltonfighter
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 74838
What I Drive: 2001, White, Ford Focus Wagon, ATX

FF Reputation: 1 hamiltonfighter Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
The turn-around for these cars are high in the junk yards. I went to a u-pull-it for the sma eissue and found nothing. Three weeks later I went back and all the Foci were different. Unfortunately, I scored a tan cover for my gray interior.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:51 AM   #5
rj145
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 116193
What I Drive: 2001 black Ford Focus SE wagon

FF Reputation: 1 rj145 Good Standing Member
I'm also looking for a cargo retractable cover for my 2001 Ford Focus SE wagon. I'm looking for one in a tan ("parchment") color.

Anyone here have one to sell thru a site or eBay? If so, please post/send contact info. I'm in Southern Calif.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:41 PM   #6
Newbie2
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 139809
What I Drive: 2001 Blue SE wagon

FF Reputation: 1 Newbie2 Good Standing Member
Me too. But looking for a black one. New to this, getting my son an 01 focus wagon for his birthday. Hope they're good. Up here in Eastern WA state

Last edited by Newbie2; 02-05-2014 at 05:30 PM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks