wagon upgrades? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-26-2009, 04:34 PM   #1
tnotg1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 51693
What I Drive: 2002 vw golf

FF Reputation: 1 tnotg1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
wagon upgrades?

where can you get performance uprages like suspension, etc. for the 00-05wagon? everything ive seen excludes the wagon. thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2009, 05:53 PM   #2
mikebontoft
Toxx

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
*waiting for whynotthinkwhynot*

SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Old 09-26-2009, 08:09 PM   #3
SL8RZZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7457
What I Drive: 10 v6 Stang, 02 PWSC'd ZX3, 00 zx3

FF Reputation: 4 SL8RZZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
here ya go.....

http://cgi.ebay.ca/KYB-4-GR2-SHOCKS-...d=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.ca/H-R-COILOVER-SPRI...d=p3286.c0.m14
Old 09-27-2009, 06:35 PM   #4
grahama
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 20127
What I Drive: 2003 Black ZTW

FF Reputation: 1 grahama Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
There are some good threads on here about wagon upgrades.

I personally have H&R springs, Spax dampers and a 24mm rear sway, and I love it and the wagon looks great too.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:41 PM   #5
norcalfocus01
Registered

Fan#: 55603
What I Drive: White N Gold 2001 Sedan

FF Reputation: 132 norcalfocus01 Excellent Standing Membernorcalfocus01 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
There is quite a few wagons on the site. whythinkwhynot is a good one, so is SuperFlea, orgenized.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:24 PM   #6
TaylorinAlaska
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62423
What I Drive: F-dub soon-to-be

FF Reputation: 17 TaylorinAlaska Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Good luck, and btw alot of parts are interchangeable, parts that you wouldn't expect. (or so I've read.)
Old 09-28-2009, 10:29 PM   #7
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Memberviney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Most of the stuff will work, or can be modified to work...My SVT Borla? I had to weld in an extra 7" of tubing...The rear shocks ARE different, thats one of the main things, but there are shocks and wagon springs for us.

There are several modded wagons on the site.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:03 AM   #8
tnotg1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 51693
What I Drive: 2002 vw golf

FF Reputation: 1 tnotg1 Good Standing Member
thanks guys
Old 09-29-2009, 08:48 AM   #9
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
For exhaust, check out MBRP, they make an exhaust for the wagon. If they aren't advertising it on their site mbrp.com, then just call them. It's a small shop, and they will make you one.

All the engine mods for your engine will work, the only difference in the wagons is in the back. The suspension is different, so be careful. Eibach makes a lowering kit specifically for the wagons. You have a rear sway bar that is absent on most Foci, the springs are shorter, the shocks are a different style, and the controls blades are different as well. I think the only part that is the same (AFAIK) is the trailing arm. The rear sway bar uses conventional end links that you can purchase off the shelf, but I highly recommend the more expensive Moog bushings and end links. Polyurethane suspension bushing kits are the same for all Foci even though the wagon suspension parts are different, the bushings are not.

You will likely find that your rear tires wear on the outside much faster than the fronts. The only remedy is to purchase camber alignment bolts sold by our vendors. These fit wagons, and both Viney and I have these installed. At some point I plan on welding some L or square tube to my trailing arm to stiffen it, and I'll let everyone know how that goes. Tubular front control arms work, but none available for the rear AFAIK.

Brake kits will work. Both Viney and I have SVT brake conversions on our vehicles. If you have one of the earlier wagons, the Ford Racing Rally brake kit is very similar to the SVT kit, and gives you disc brakes for much less money. The only difference is the front rotors are 11" (stock on 05+) instead of 12".

Massive still has some rear spoilers for wagons. It fits really nice, but will need to be painted as the parts are likely to be scratched/chipped/wrong color. When Ford was selling the items, these cost $300, Massive sells for $75, and I wrote a How-to on installation that I can find if you want.

There's a .5 to .6 cu ft open space behind the passenger side rear panel (you must remove the rear gate trim and slide the panel toward the rear to remove) where you can install a custom (DIY) fiberglass subwoofer box if you want to keep your cargo area free of speaker box obstruction. I've given some thought to doing it myself, but haven't had the time.

That's about all I can think of for now.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:35 AM   #10
Wagone
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100532
What I Drive: 2003 Wagon SE MTX

FF Reputation: 1 Wagone Good Standing Member
I have seen the un used space behind the wheels. I think some euro cars and street editions have a factory compartment there but not certain. I have been looking at junkyard for a factory compartment to fit there. An Explorer on is slightly too large. The material in my wagon is flimsy, so what ever fits there wont hold much.

I put some Explorer roof rails on mine. Best aestetic mod, IMO.

Bookmarks & Social Networks