Looking for PCV valve - Any Engine pics available? - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-16-2014, 10:23 PM   #61
Kjanracing
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 135409
What I Drive: 2014 Ruby Red SE hatch with DCT

FF Reputation: 2 Kjanracing Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
"""""""I look around why traveling around the US and I see unregulated trucks blowing out plooms of black smoke , Factorys and out own Government allowing billions of tons of pollution into the air""""""

Tom, I think you are a little out of touch here. Agree with it or not, the government has put massive regulations on industry emissions standards. Same with the transportation industry right down to the cars we love. It is very seldom I see a big 18 wheeler putting anything black out the exhaust stack. Smoke is money lost. What kills me is driving up in our beautiful Colorado mountains to go skiing or biking and seeing some dickless schmuk in a diesel truck hosing the world in black smoke, thinking it's so cool that he installed a programmer that will do that, and bought all the delete parts to get rid of EGR, cats, DPF...all that emish-e-own garbage the truck came with, cause heez special...and sees nothing wrong with it. Do we really want to go back to the 70's? Cars are so good now compared to then. If we could go back in time and show someone the technology today's cars have, they would not believe anything close to it would be possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2014, 12:59 AM   #62
iminhell
C2H5OH

Fan#: 36222
What I Drive: 2000 & 2001 ZX3's

FF Reputation: 48 iminhell Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
FWIW, that diesel sooting up the snow is still cleaner than your Focus.

CO2 is odorless and colorless. As is NOx and everything else.
It's not what you see that is dangerous, it's what you can't see (like behind the intentions of Gov't).

But I'll agree that Tom need to shake the hillbilly off his back and work within the rules.

The odd part of EGR and PCV is that is wards off detonation.
But I guess that's a benefit no one needs.

Also, oil deposits on the backs of valves is not "Carbon buildup".
Though chemically it does contain Carbon, that is not the correct usage of the term. Oil Coking would be more correct IMO, but I'm not sure if that's quite correct either. So oil deposits is probably the best term, both descriptive and meaningful.

And if you're really that concerned, add an inline catch can. If it's that you're looking for pictures or to copy someone else's work, you probably don't belong under the hood. It's a matter of cutting a vacuum line and Ting into it. Not rocket surgery.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:42 AM   #63
Metalcrack
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 127930
What I Drive: 2014 Dark Gray SE

FF Reputation: 1 Metalcrack Good Standing Member
DSMs were notorious for oil buildup on the intake tract. Our solution was a cheap Fram fuel filter spliced inline. Once it started to buildup......replace it with another from the Walmart.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:05 AM   #64
Kjanracing
Focus Enthusiast

""""""""FWIW, that diesel sooting up the snow is still cleaner than your Focus.

CO2 is odorless and colorless. As is NOx and everything else.
It's not what you see that is dangerous, it's what you can't see (like behind the intentions of Gov't)."""""""

Some parts of a diesel are cleaner than a gas car, some aren't. The big black cloud is carbon particulates, and an easy Google search will give any number of articles about the danger of it, especially breathing it.

"""""But I'll agree that Tom need to shake the hillbilly off his back""""""
Do I hear banjo music?
Old 04-17-2014, 08:58 AM   #65
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell View Post
But I'll agree that Tom need to shake the hillbilly off his back and work within the rules.
The odd part of EGR and PCV is that is wards off detonation.
But I guess that's a benefit no one needs.
I carry the hillbilly proudly , this coming from a guy that has one of the largest modded Zetec engine putting out hugh amounts of CO2 and NOX over what the engine came with yest wants to preach to me about not doing it

I never said anything about EGR so dont know why you brought that up , the PCV sucking in hot oily contaminated air does NOT ward off detonation if anything is helps cause detonation , fills the intake with oil , water etc ,

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 04-17-2014, 09:09 AM   #66
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjanracing View Post
"""""""I look around why traveling around the US and I see unregulated trucks blowing out plooms of black smoke , Factorys and out own Government allowing billions of tons of pollution into the air""""""

Tom, I think you are a little out of touch here. Agree with it or not, the government has put massive regulations on industry emissions standards. Same with the transportation industry right down to the cars we love.
Give me a break , our government that you talk about put regulations in place to regulate this yet the fines are low enough where it is cheaper to pay the fines then to stop the pollution , oil company's loby our same government you talk about to lower / delay the regulations for higher MPG and get away with it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjanracing View Post
What kills me is driving up in our beautiful Colorado mountains to go skiing or biking and seeing some dickless schmuk in a diesel truck hosing the world in black smoke, thinking it's so cool that he installed a programmer that will do that, and bought all the delete parts to get rid of EGR, cats, DPF...all that emish-e-own garbage the truck came with, cause heez special...and sees nothing wrong with it.
YOU HAVE A TUNE IN YOUR CAR LOL LOL that would not pass these the federal emissions test with the tune you have , yet you want to beat on your drum about others removing things and adding tunes , or is the small amount of CO2 and NOX your now adding modding your car not count "

The only difference between you and me is I have the balls to say I am doing it , you hide behind your morals yet are just as guilty with a tune in your car !

hyp·o·crite: a person who claims or pretends to have certain beliefs about what is right but who behaves in a way that disagrees with those beliefs

Dont throw stones at glass houses when you live in one !

Tom

Customer Support

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 04-17-2014, 10:58 AM   #67
Kjanracing
Focus Enthusiast

Well TOm, in that context I am no better than the guy that turns his diesel programmer to stock, passes the emissions test, then turns it back up and hoses the world. OTOH, I'd be really surprised if your MK3 tune didn't pass the IM 240 test. I'm putting the rocks down....
Old 04-17-2014, 04:37 PM   #68
Kjanracing
Focus Enthusiast

actually ya got me thinking. Yes my car is tuned. All the emissions control equipment is still on it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the tune radically changes the programming or emissions. You say the tune won't pass the FTP standards, but do you know that for sure? Have you tested and tried to get your tune certified? Many tuners add the disclaimer saying is only for off road use, so they don't test it. As I said, I'd bet your tune runs pretty darn clean and would pass the state tests. Most states exempt for 4 years; so the 2012 owners have another couple years before they have to test. So don't get your balls in a bunch. Or maybe it was the banjo reference...
In any case keep up the good work and keep them cars squealing like pigs!
Old 04-17-2014, 05:15 PM   #69
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

No modification to the ECU out side of ford is CARB or emission legal , would it pass the test and get certified I dont know and its to costly and to much paperwork to try

99% of the people on this forum modify there cars and 97% of those mods are not CARB or emission legal so anyone that is modding there car that is a tree hugger I feel shouldnt be pointing fingers at people that mod there cars reguardless or the mod level or if it will pass the test , thats my .o2

Tom

Customer Support

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 04-17-2014, 05:24 PM   #70
Jburks
Focus Addict

Fan#: 145009
What I Drive: 2014 Ford Focus Hatchback SE RR DCT

FF Reputation: 1 Jburks Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell View Post
And if you're really that concerned, add an inline catch can. If it's that you're looking for pictures or to copy someone else's work, you probably don't belong under the hood. It's a matter of cutting a vacuum line and Ting into it. Not rocket surgery.
I don't understand why you would say somthing like that. It seems rude to me. There are a lot of people who are learning to work on cars who turn to forums and other places like youtube to get advice and tips on how to do things. why does that mean they dont belong under the hood. Everyone has got to learn, they are not going to just know how to do it automaticaly. I dont get why you have to come out with rude comments putting someone down for wanting to learn how to do something new. The comment about copying someone else's work is dumb too. Of course it would be copying someone else, it's not like there are a million different ways to do it. So what. everyone coppies everyone when they do aftermarket work. That's just how it goes. If you want to say rude things then just keep to yourself. it doesnt help Focus community to put people down who are trying to learn.
Build thread-http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382642

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->