replace door and fender - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Focus

MK1 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the first generation 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #1
steuben
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111864
What I Drive: 2001 blue wagon se

FF Reputation: 1 steuben Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
replace door and fender

I have a 2001 Focus SE wagon.

background:
I slid the driver's side along a sign post. It got off fine. My car not so, had the mirror shaved off, the fender folded a little bit, a crease in the door, and i think bent the door a little bit as well.

I've replaced the mirror. It wasn't too bad, about an hour with the Hayes Manual on one knee.

As I look for parts for the fender and the door at the local u-pull I have a few of questions.

1. How "close" do i have to be to a 2001 Focus SE wagon for those parts? Can I use 2003 focus sedan parts, for example? I know the power components should match, but other than that?

2. How can I tell if there is deeper damage? The top right of the door is out about an 1/8th of an inch. But, the window still rolls down without a problem. I don't want to replace the door to find out that where the door mounts is out of alignment.

3. If I do this myself are there any gotchas that I should know about?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #2
Richard Bridgette
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 99824
What I Drive: SCCA GT-1 road race Mustang

FF Reputation: 2 Richard Bridgette Good Standing Member
Wagon door and fender

Hi - I own a 2003 wagon and my research showed that the front fenders and hood are the same for wagon, coupe, and sedan 200 through 2004. Any good junk yard will have a parts interchange listing that will tell you if the doors are the same.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:57 AM   #3
amc49
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96610
What I Drive: 00 wagon, 02 sedan both zetec atx

FF Reputation: 23 amc49 Great Standing Member
Believe doors are the same. I bet with the hit you describe the door mounts are unaffected.

Bookmarks & Social Networks