0-60 6 seconds? - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > DURATEC Performance (2003-2007)

DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) The place to chat about any Duratec 23, 23E, and 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #41
UnbridledCarnage
Rhinoliner!!!
 
UnbridledCarnage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Fan#: 66551
Location: Louisville, KY
What I Drive: 03 Rhinoliner'd ZX3 AdvanceTrac

Posts: 2,573
FF Reputation: 9 UnbridledCarnage Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alogical View Post
how much gas will that save you, assuming you also took out 200+ lbs?
my highest to date was 46mpg all highway windows up ac off in the middle of july on the way to focusfest 11. she rarely sees long highway trips tho. i use the car for back and forth to work (15 miles, 10 city 5 highway) and see right around 38-39. but it has made it considerably quicker.
__________________
If your local to the 502, 270, 812, 606, 859 area, check out FocusXtreme, the Ohio Valley chapter of FF. Monthly meets and kickass people! Join and POST UP!!!
UnbridledCarnage is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #42
replica81
Focus Addict
 
replica81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 88615
Location: Seattle, WA
What I Drive: 05 ST

Posts: 1,227
FF Reputation: 3 replica81 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbridledCarnage View Post
my highest to date was 46mpg all highway windows up ac off in the middle of july on the way to focusfest 11. she rarely sees long highway trips tho. i use the car for back and forth to work (15 miles, 10 city 5 highway) and see right around 38-39. but it has made it considerably quicker.
My mileage sucks. I get anywhere from 23-26 usually. Short drives, lots of hills. 2.3L.
__________________
SR #272
Beer and Metal.
replica81 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:16 PM   #43
jugglethese
Focus Enthusiast
 
jugglethese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Fan#: 108852
Location: Ontario, Canada
What I Drive: 2007 focus gloss black SAP zx3

Posts: 229
FF Reputation: 1 jugglethese Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
thats one thing that never bothered me was gas consumption. when i was looking to buy a car (this is when i picked up my focus) i was looking for low weight, decent powered engine and basic interior. i didnt want power window, ac, power steering heated mirrors.
i wanted it to be my old hyundai accent with a better engine so i could slowly work on it and learn everything i needed to know about a vehicle. so it came down to a 91 mazda miata or the ford focus that im driving now. not gonna lie i should of picked up that miata. :0
jugglethese is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:39 PM   #44
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic
 
felixthecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Fan#: 80663
Location: Renton, WA
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Posts: 7,991
FF Reputation: 52 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugglethese View Post
thats one thing that never bothered me was gas consumption. when i was looking to buy a car (this is when i picked up my focus) i was looking for low weight, decent powered engine and basic interior. i didnt want power window, ac, power steering heated mirrors.
i wanted it to be my old hyundai accent with a better engine so i could slowly work on it and learn everything i needed to know about a vehicle. so it came down to a 91 mazda miata or the ford focus that im driving now. not gonna lie i should of picked up that miata. :0
If you didn't care for fuel mileage, why didn't you get a v/8 car, like a mustang or camero? Thats what got me into a 4cylinder car, is mpg.
__________________
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
felixthecat is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #45
jugglethese
Focus Enthusiast
 
jugglethese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Fan#: 108852
Location: Ontario, Canada
What I Drive: 2007 focus gloss black SAP zx3

Posts: 229
FF Reputation: 1 jugglethese Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
If you didn't care for fuel mileage, why didn't you get a v/8 car, like a mustang or camero? Thats what got me into a 4cylinder car, is mpg.
because there over weight, ohv, not a fan of the american muscle.
I dont think ill ever buy ohv. there under powered stock. my mother had a grand am v6 and that thing was slow and not exciting to drive at all.
Ford Taurus had dohc and that thing is fast! Japanese make engines that perform better.
the sound of a 4 cylinder screaming vs a v8 muscel car screaming.
ill take the 4 cylinder any day of the weak.

Just my opinion :)
jugglethese is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #46
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic
 
felixthecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Fan#: 80663
Location: Renton, WA
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Posts: 7,991
FF Reputation: 52 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugglethese View Post
because there over weight, ohv, not a fan of the american muscle.
I dont think ill ever buy ohv. there under powered stock. my mother had a grand am v6 and that thing was slow and not exciting to drive at all.
Ford Taurus had dohc and that thing is fast! Japanese make engines that perform better.
the sound of a 4 cylinder screaming vs a v8 muscel car screaming.
ill take the 4 cylinder any day of the weak.

Just my opinion :)
So you don't like the LS motors that'll go into anything? Look at the Toyota ohv v/8 motor=
__________________
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
felixthecat is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:44 PM   #47
freemind
Vince your Moderator
 
freemind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Fan#: 67513
Location: Seattle, WA
What I Drive: 2002 ZX3 and a 2010 Focus SE (Work)

Posts: 3,790
FF Reputation: 21 freemind Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (19)
I can get to to 60 in well under 5 seconds.

But, not in my car LOL
__________________
133whp-126ftlbsTQ Eclipse CD8443,Eclipse PA5422, JBL GTO751EZ, PPI 356cs(Rebranded A/D/S 346cs), JBL p1024, SubThump enclosure, RAAmat BXT, Damplifier Pro

Hatch Nation #140
Caeci caecos ducentes
freemind is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:56 PM   #48
09vistabluecoupe
Focus Addict
 
09vistabluecoupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Fan#: 67900
Location: Kansas City, KS
What I Drive: 2009 Vista Blue SE coupe

Posts: 636
FF Reputation: 2 09vistabluecoupe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugglethese View Post
because there over weight, ohv, not a fan of the american muscle.
I dont think ill ever buy ohv. there under powered stock. my mother had a grand am v6 and that thing was slow and not exciting to drive at all.
Ford Taurus had dohc and that thing is fast! Japanese make engines that perform better.
the sound of a 4 cylinder screaming vs a v8 muscel car screaming.
ill take the 4 cylinder any day of the weak.

Just my opinion :)
So many things wrong with this paragraph.

"because there over weight, ohv,"
Mustangs have been OHC since 1996. To put that in perspective, that's longer than most of this board has been driving. Also how much do you think a car of similar dimensions from other countries weigh ?

"Ford Taurus had dohc and that thing is fast!"
No, a stock Duratec Taurus is slower than my Focus. I beat my friends Duratec Sable.

"Japanese make engines that perform better."
What was the last production engine from Japan to make over 600hp ? They make good power for their size because of their taxation on displacement.

"the sound of a 4 cylinder screaming vs a v8 muscel car screaming."
__________________
SE Coupe 5spd with Sync and Drivers Group.
- FSWerks CAI
- Autolite AR103s

Midwest crew #52
09vistabluecoupe is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #49
jugglethese
Focus Enthusiast
 
jugglethese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Fan#: 108852
Location: Ontario, Canada
What I Drive: 2007 focus gloss black SAP zx3

Posts: 229
FF Reputation: 1 jugglethese Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09vistabluecoupe View Post
So many things wrong with this paragraph.

"because there over weight, ohv,"
Mustangs have been OHC since 1996. To put that in perspective, that's longer than most of this board has been driving. Also how much do you think a car of similar dimensions from other countries weigh ?

"Ford Taurus had dohc and that thing is fast!"
No, a stock Duratec Taurus is slower than my Focus. I beat my friends Duratec Sable.

"Japanese make engines that perform better."
What was the last production engine from Japan to make over 600hp ? They make good power for their size because of their taxation on displacement.

"the sound of a 4 cylinder screaming vs a v8 muscel car screaming."
Also how much do you think a car of similar dimensions from other countries weigh
Nissan sentra spec v alittle more than 2500 pounds.

The taurus with the yamaha head?

Japan cant make cars that pass over a certin amount of horse power. that might have changed but it was like that in the 90's.

I dont know why you replyed to this, This was my opinion and you try picking it apart.
Im sure you have opinions that make no sense to someone else, but im glad you justified your point, now you can proceed with your day
jugglethese is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:20 PM   #50
crice8
Focus Fanatic
 
crice8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 84830
Location: tyler, TX
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

Posts: 3,382
FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
When you said you choose a 4 cylinder screaming over a v8 I literally busted out laughing.... Go watch some more Fast and the furious and rice away...
__________________
Galatians 6:14
crice8 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.