Need Some help with HP gains - Page 5 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Second Generation > DURATEC Performance (2008-2011)

DURATEC Performance (2008-2011) The place to chat about any Duratec 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2013, 06:41 PM   #41
jonnmandy
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Fan#: 104831
Location: JC, KS
What I Drive: 2005 Toreador red ZX3 Hatchback

Posts: 24
FF Reputation: 1 jonnmandy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
DIY short throw shifters just shorten the shifter not the throw
jonnmandy is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-28-2013, 12:18 AM   #42
felixthecat
w/ my magic bag
 
felixthecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Fan#: 80663
Location: Renton, WA
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Posts: 10,986
Points 12,268, Level 72
Points: 12,268, Level: 72 Points: 12,268, Level: 72 Points: 12,268, Level: 72
Level Up 55% Completed
Level up: 55% Level up: 55% Level up: 55%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 65 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnmandy View Post
DIY short throw shifters just shorten the shifter not the throw
You can move the bracket that holds the linkage to the shifter up higher to shorten the throw. But do it right & get the Steeda sts. Steeda has killer sts for Mustang's.
__________________
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mixBigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
felixthecat is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #43
homey55
Focus Enthusiast
 
homey55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Fan#: 54911
Location: Ashland, OR
What I Drive: 2003, Silver, ZX3 2.3 5-speed

Posts: 381
Points 1,129, Level 18
Points: 1,129, Level: 18 Points: 1,129, Level: 18 Points: 1,129, Level: 18
Level Up 29% Completed
Level up: 29% Level up: 29% Level up: 29%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 4 homey55 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
You can move the bracket that holds the linkage to the shifter up higher to shorten the throw. But do it right & get the Steeda sts. Steeda has killer sts for Mustang's.
Correct...the linkage moves up and the throw is shortened...$5
__________________
Autolite 103's, Cosworth CAI, FRPP Suspension, Strut Bars, DIY Short Shifter, SVT Air Dam, BSD, Poly Trans Mount, Borla 2.5", Roush Wheels, Tune...
homey55 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2013, 04:35 PM   #44
replica81
Focus Addict
 
replica81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 88615
Location: Seattle, WA
What I Drive: 05 ST

Posts: 1,262
Points 1,525, Level 22
Points: 1,525, Level: 22 Points: 1,525, Level: 22 Points: 1,525, Level: 22
Level Up 25% Completed
Level up: 25% Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 replica81 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I did the Steeda. It does move the linkage higher on the shifter. So much that the trim that holds the shift boot needs to be trimmed to clear the shift linkage.

So yeah. The throws are a bit shorter.
__________________
SR #272
Beer and Metal.
replica81 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #45
jonnmandy
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Fan#: 104831
Location: JC, KS
What I Drive: 2005 Toreador red ZX3 Hatchback

Posts: 24
FF Reputation: 1 jonnmandy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Now it makes sense. Thanks guys. Glad I already got one. I think it was my 1st mod.
jonnmandy is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #46
fawzie13R
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Fan#: 71759
Location: watertown, NY
What I Drive: '09 LT Blue Focus SEL Sedan

Posts: 279
FF Reputation: 1 fawzie13R Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
OBX Header

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buickboy View Post
An OBX header from Ebay is perfectly fine too. Same design as FSW and Cossie but a lot cheaper. Might as well save some cash
by chance do you that the part number for OBX header that fits the 2.0 duratec? im interested
fawzie13R is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2013, 04:32 PM   #47
fawzie13R
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Fan#: 71759
Location: watertown, NY
What I Drive: '09 LT Blue Focus SEL Sedan

Posts: 279
FF Reputation: 1 fawzie13R Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
performance chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkyoda View Post
DO NOT get a performance chip... they do nothing.
Drunkyoda, are you talking the plug in chips like the jet chips or ECU flashing using like a SCT X3 or superchip programmer? ECU flashing works, it does marvels, ive never messed with the plug in chips but I know for a fact that ECU Flashers work and word pretty darn good too and it only took roughly 15-20minutes to go from stock tune to Fswerks tune.
fawzie13R is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #48
fawzie13R
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Fan#: 71759
Location: watertown, NY
What I Drive: '09 LT Blue Focus SEL Sedan

Posts: 279
FF Reputation: 1 fawzie13R Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
135whp isnt bad

my old '08 couple had a bunch of bolt ons. I had a CAI from Fswerks, throttle body spacer from Steeda, Fswerks 2.5" race exhaust, Steeda sts, Fswerks upper strut tower braces, Steeda rear sway bar upgrade, SCT X3 with Fswerks tune, FX300 clutch masters clutch kit with aluminum flywheel, I think that sums up the bolts on performance parts I had. but on long road trips on the high way when I could keep my foot out of the gas I would get close to 40mpg doing 65 down the highway. the 135whp doesn't sound like much but the focus only weighs in around 2200. My old coupe had plenty of power. I raced a chevy colbalt ss supercharger and my NA focus kept up for prolly about half mile or so till we stopped. the 20 or so hp gain is well worth the money spent, I am going to build my current '09 to the way my coupe was and I cant wait
fawzie13R is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #49
09vistabluecoupe
Focus Addict
 
09vistabluecoupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Fan#: 67900
Location: Kansas City, KS
What I Drive: 2009 Vista Blue SE coupe

Posts: 641
FF Reputation: 2 09vistabluecoupe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fawzie13R View Post
by chance do you that the part number for OBX header that fits the 2.0 duratec? im interested
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Racing-S...117d3a&vxp=mtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawzie13R View Post
Drunkyoda, are you talking the plug in chips like the jet chips or ECU flashing using like a SCT X3 or superchip programmer? ECU flashing works, it does marvels, ive never messed with the plug in chips but I know for a fact that ECU Flashers work and word pretty darn good too and it only took roughly 15-20minutes to go from stock tune to Fswerks tune.
Yes he was referring to the performance chips that advertise 50hp by splicing into your MAF wiring(or other means).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawzie13R View Post
my old '08 couple had a bunch of bolt ons. I had a CAI from Fswerks, throttle body spacer from Steeda, Fswerks 2.5" race exhaust, Steeda sts, Fswerks upper strut tower braces, Steeda rear sway bar upgrade, SCT X3 with Fswerks tune, FX300 clutch masters clutch kit with aluminum flywheel, I think that sums up the bolts on performance parts I had. but on long road trips on the high way when I could keep my foot out of the gas I would get close to 40mpg doing 65 down the highway. the 135whp doesn't sound like much but the focus only weighs in around 2200. My old coupe had plenty of power. I raced a chevy colbalt ss supercharger and my NA focus kept up for prolly about half mile or so till we stopped. the 20 or so hp gain is well worth the money spent, I am going to build my current '09 to the way my coupe was and I cant wait
The lightest '08-'11s are right under 2600lbs.
__________________
SE Coupe 5spd with Sync and Drivers Group.
- FSWerks CAI
- Autolite AR103s

Midwest crew #52
09vistabluecoupe is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Audi S3, Ford Fusion and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area. Challenger Hellcat - Charger Hellcat