My other Ford is an F350, not a Focus... So I'm modding it a touch. - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #11
Kipp
FocusFest Event Team

Fan#: 31300
What I Drive: 2013 F150 4x4 5.0, 2014 HD 883 Iron

Points 4,470, Level 42
Points: 4,470, Level: 42 Points: 4,470, Level: 42 Points: 4,470, Level: 42
Level Up 60% Completed
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 9 Kipp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
you could lift the truck to clear them. 3" body lift should do it. could also do a 2" suspension if you need a little more.

cutting the fenders shouldn't be too bad. i've seen extreme dimension (and other off road companies) making stretched front fenders that might work. or if they are made for that truck there are the cutout fenders. not the cheapest route, but is a better option to not change the over truck height for towing.
Midwest Crew #22
Official FocusFest Event Planner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #12
OPsDad
Focus Addict

Fan#: 108661
What I Drive: 2014 Fusion Titanium AWD Moonroof

FF Reputation: 2 OPsDad Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
I'd also pull the cheap cruddy engine oil cooler out since your there & add Bulletproof's cooler also. I've done plenty of 6.0L's & I hate throwning the stock crap back in since your right there. 1/2 the customers w/ go for the upgrades. I've had plenty of cabs hanging overhead. You should have closer to 500hp. My Amarillo is faster then yours. Glad you did the bulletproof upgrades. For I've been doing those for yrs now. I love the 6.0L's. The rockers don't look that good, but they work. Bedplates are easier then the 6.4L. Back covers are the same w/ either. You should get mid 20's when your done, once you get use to the grunt & stay out of it. LOL
Good idea. I just called the vendor, they have that oil cooler in stock, and my other order hadn't shipped. Melty plastic, and presto, it's getting tucked in with the other parts.

Yeah, mid-20s is what I hope for with the oversize wheels... but I figured out with a tape measure I'm going to have to chop fenders a touch to do the wheel thing. My other option (about the same money) is leave the duals be and do an overdrive unit for fuel economy.

Either way, I got my engine parts coming, and soon I don't have to worry about any of the 6.0 gotchas. That's going to make me feel better for sure!
SR #265 | "Quia currus certatus, inferius"
13 Focus Ti Sedan w/Handling Pkg, MFT Sony 10 NAV, Leather
13 Focus SE HB Sterling Grey, 201A, Leather
06 F350 6.0L DRW King Ranch, Sunroof, Rhino Bed Liner, 4" MBRP Turbo Back, AirRaid, Edge Chip w/Pyro

Last edited by OPsDad; 03-15-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #13
OPsDad
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy'sexclusiveZx3 View Post
I was reading what your wrote and I was thinking before I finished reading I was like how the f is that tire and wheel combo weigh less because I've picked up a few of those tires in my life and I would hope to never pick those things up again so f heavy but that makes sense, are you installing the head studs and egr? Or someone else Because I thought the whole cab has to be lifted off the frame to do such a thing
I'm having it done (the head studs). And it will weigh more (when I did the calc, I only added the weight of one tire, my error)... and it will require fender work to make them fit... so I'm thinking about abandoning that portion and leaving the duals alone and putting on an overdrive unit (one that locks out when you go 4x4, obviously) for reducing the engine RPMs at highway speed. I sure wish I hadn't gone 4.10s when I bought the truck.
06 F350 6.0L DRW King Ranch, Sunroof, Rhino Bed Liner, 4" MBRP Turbo Back, AirRaid, Edge Chip w/Pyro
Old 03-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #14
OPsDad
Focus Addict

Quote:
Bushwacker's are the way to go. Fender flares. Are you on the powernation forum?
No, I'm not on powernation, I'll look at it, and I'll check out the bushwackers. It's front to back of the fender that I'm concerned about, not the sides, though. Raising the truck is not a solution I can live with, it pulls a 5th wheel and it is too high now for the trailer, just a touch.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:48 PM   #15
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 9,507, Level 65
Points: 9,507, Level: 65 Points: 9,507, Level: 65 Points: 9,507, Level: 65
Level Up 53% Completed
Level up: 53% Level up: 53% Level up: 53%
Forum Activity 90%
Activity: 90% Activity: 90% Activity: 90%
FF Reputation: 56 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPsDad View Post
Good idea. I just called the vendor, they have that oil cooler in stock, and my other order hadn't chipped. Melty plastic, and presto, it's getting tucked in with the other parts.

Yeah, mid-20s is what I hope for with the oversize wheels... but I figured out with a tape measure I'm going to have to chop fenders a touch to do the wheel thing. My other option (about the same money) is leave the duals be and do an overdrive unit for fuel economy.

Either way, I got my engine parts coming, and soon I don't have to worry about any of the 6.0 gotchas. That's going to make me feel better for sure!
Great that you have the oil cooler coming. You'll end up using 7.3 filter's= 2qtr filter= yah. Just make sure you can get to the filter, kind of easy.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 03-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #16
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 9,507, Level 65
Points: 9,507, Level: 65 Points: 9,507, Level: 65 Points: 9,507, Level: 65
Level Up 53% Completed
Level up: 53% Level up: 53% Level up: 53%
Forum Activity 90%
Activity: 90% Activity: 90% Activity: 90%
FF Reputation: 56 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Why'll your there throw a garret single stage turbo & a 6'' down pipe back exhaust to the order. Varible turbo's are smooth, but you end up replacing it, down the road. How much boost are you going to run 30-40lbs or more? Or you going to crank it up to 60lbs?
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 03-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #17
katiekay
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔoℲ

Fan#: 42025
What I Drive: 03 CD Silver ZX5

Points 11,310, Level 70
Points: 11,310, Level: 70 Points: 11,310, Level: 70 Points: 11,310, Level: 70
Level Up 15% Completed
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 59 katiekay Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (48)
Subscribed! Pics?
Hatch Nation #8
September 2012 Ride of the Month
Old 03-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #18
OPsDad
Focus Addict

Quote:
Why'll your there throw a garret single stage turbo & a 6'' down pipe back exhaust to the order. Varible turbo's are smooth, but you end up replacing it, down the road. How much boost are you going to run 30-40lbs or more? Or you going to crank it up to 60lbs?
I had an 1800 dollar turbo replace done at the stealership a year ago, not long after the warranty expired, so a new turbo or exhaust mod is not going to happen, as much as I'd like it to. I'm just bulletproofing it now, so that I can get best economy from the chip without worry. I'm leaning away from the ultra wide single rear wheel dual replacement and thinking I'll just stay with the duals at this point, and pay the Focus off quicker perhaps. For less than those mods, for about 3500, I can put in an O.D. unit with 4x4 lockout feature and get my final drive ratios to where I should be able to get mid-20s for mpg easy. I'm thinking hard about my next move after this bulletproofing.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #19
GreySkorpion
saved from the grave

Fan#: 94674
What I Drive: 2004 LG ZX5 2.3D

FF Reputation: 11 GreySkorpion Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I went the opposite way with my old Superduty:

Old 03-13-2013, 07:08 PM   #20
OPsDad
Focus Addict

^^^^ Pretty!!!

Bookmarks & Social Networks