Mod in general - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-17-2013, 09:41 PM   #11
ABallew6
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 111114
What I Drive: 04 black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 ABallew6 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks, yea I actually found it after I posted that. I got all wrapped up in reading it I forgot to mention that I had in fact already found it. I really do appreciate the help.

There are a few other things I have yet to find info on but I'm a little nervous to post it now lol.

Thanks again for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #12
ABallew6
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Also did you read the entry about Cold air intakes? Man, thats confusing as all get out. Some say don't do anything, others say do stuff. Some love it others don't it's crazy lol, I just was wondering trying to get a basic idea on where to start from experienced pardon the expression. Focus Fanatics lol.

I really do appreciate all the help. And thanks for the congrats by the way I forgot to mention that earlier.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:21 AM   #13
SBK86
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108959
What I Drive: 2004 Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 SBK86 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Here's a link for the subwoofer part: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151335

I just did this a few weekends ago with a Kenwood headunit. Everything works and sounds great. The Axxess ASWC comes with instructions as well.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #14
supersled03
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 110384
What I Drive: 2003, black, svt focus

FF Reputation: 1 supersled03 Good Standing Member
intake

I think intakes make a bigger difference on turbo cars. Aem makes a great cold air intake. However, I think on board computers are designed to be adjustable to outside elements so that our engines are always happy. so if one parameter changes it adjusts another to make up for the varience. So honestly my first performance upgrade WILL be a computer tune so that I can get more out of upgrades in the future. It will also allow you to pull codes on the computer if you have a cel. I think my favorite intake is the sri chrome typhoon from k&n. I have a 03 black svt!!!
Old 03-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #15
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
The stock SVT air intake system is very good , do a new drop in filter and let it go

A high flow cat or off road pipe , TB , 3 inch Exh , tune are the things that work the best

I can help you with your tuning needs and I offer free tune updates as you add more NA mods

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 03-18-2013, 08:48 PM   #16
ABallew6
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Thats awesome! I don't really have any desire to turbo my focus. NOW that could always change so thanks for the pointers. I'm really surprised with how smooth the car runs right now, the previous owners took really good care of it.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:52 AM   #17
ABallew6
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
The stock SVT air intake system is very good , do a new drop in filter and let it go

A high flow cat or off road pipe , TB , 3 inch Exh , tune are the things that work the best

I can help you with your tuning needs and I offer free tune updates as you add more NA mods

Tom
How much does it cost to do a tune? Like I said man, super new at this. My other car is a 91 jeep that is a monster lol.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #18
1bad03zx5
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 114690
What I Drive: 2003 pitch black ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 1bad03zx5 Good Standing Member
mods

My car has some basic mods and they make it a lot of fun to drive. I also suggest the suspension,exhaust and poly dogbone upgrades.
2003 focus SVT ZX5,65k miles,pitch black,red/black int,cold weather package,K&N drop in,MSD coil/wires,poly dogbone,steeda tri-ax shifter,momo shift knob,borla catback,prothane full kit,dimpled/slotted rotors,ss brake lines !FOR SALE!
Old 07-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #19
ABallew6
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Cool bro, I appreciate the heads up about that.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:03 PM   #20
streetfocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 5768
What I Drive: 2004 Black Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 2 streetfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I just picked up my 04 SVT, and it has new motor mounts (all 3-CFM), new serpentine belt, new timing belt, new clutch, new flywheel, new new new etc. My first SVT, so I'm new to this somewhat. I was thinking just get a tune (probably Tom's), a short throw shifter, and be done. It already has a K&N panel filter. It will see mainly highway use daily (where the speed limit is 80, so you can imagine the "flow of traffic" speed). Any suggestions, or is that a good plan?

New: 04 SVT : K&N panel filter, 3 performance motor mounts, Taylor wires, orp, 67mm TB, Tom's Tune.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->