KSport Coilover Issues - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-14-2013, 08:35 PM   #41
MattDzx3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 99676
What I Drive: 2002 Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 2 MattDzx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
That's understandable, at the lumber yard where I work we have to inspect returns prior to taking them back to make sure that we don't get materials that were miss cut by the customer or something, I'm not saying it happens often, but every once in a while there is something.
Rally Revolution #78, NW Posse #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by brekkebooboo View Post
One does not simply "unstance" Their car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2013, 10:12 PM   #42
RPMisChris
Focus Addict

Fan#: 76276
What I Drive: 07 svt 2.3 swap thing

FF Reputation: 1 RPMisChris Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Ok so here is the summation of what happened and why it went so wrong:

First, I must say without the support of all of you I do not believe that I would have received a replacement as this was a rather unusual mishap that was riddled with mis-communication. I thought that when I first had issues with this shock that it might be a difficult process getting it exchanged; not because of KSport but because I bought the setup through a dealer of KSport products (TH). I have posted much of what actually happened during this ordeal so I will stick with the communication side of the issue. After taking the product to Gregs Auto, I promptly emailed THMotorsports about the situation. I explained to them what had happened with the shock and was informed that I could not return the product to them because it had already been installed (they will not return installed items). This was completely understandable on their part.

TH setup and ultimately had the first communications with Ksport about the issue. I am not absolutely clear as to why there was so much confusion but roughly 16 emails were sent back and forth between myself, TH, and KSport but I think it is because TH was acting as an intermediary. It is completely plausible that the message I was trying to communicate with Ksport was being distorted or not conveyed properly by TH. This became evident after receiving many emails from TH claiming that KSport has no clue as to what I am talking about and claims that the nut does not have to be removed and so on.

Here is an actual email I received from TH:
Quote:
Also Ksport has said:

I have no clue why they are even trying to remove it first of all, as they are locking nuts, not intended to be removed.
At this point all of us on the forum can obviously see that there is some sort of miscommunication happening here. This would be rather comical if KSport did not know their own products or how to install their own products.

It was at this point that I reached out and just emailed KSport directly about the issue. We sent quite a few emails back and forth squabbling about a number of things. I firmly believe that both myself and KSport were baffled by the situation as this seemed like an unlikely issue. It eventually came to down to KSport wanting to speak with the suspension shop. Unfortunately I had to have my wife do most of my communications over the phone during the day because I am at work. So, my wife went to the shop and put the mechanic on the phone with KSport. The mechanic showed my wife, and told me over the phone, that there was some sort of Loctite material on the threads of the nut and that the threads on the shock were stripped on the spot that the nut was originally placed from the factory . The mechanic continues to claim that it came like this from the factory and I tended to believe him because he has a history with my family and I know him to be honest.

Everything was communicated to KSport in multiple ways via picture, email, fax, and phone. I felt as if I was being ignored, treated as ignorant, and pretty much like I did NOT matter to them as a customer. At this point I became extremely irritated and refused to even consider viewing the situation from KSport’s perspective. I should not have let my emotions get in the way of rationality.

From my point of view I felt as if I was getting cheated; I paid for a product through a vendor of KSport, found that one shock was unusable, was unable to return the product to TH, was getting the run around from KSport, and might not have been told the truth about the Loctite by the mechanic at Gregs. And to be quite honest I felt that if I wasn’t going to be treated like a valuable customer of KSports that I was going to do everything possible to spread the word about this situation.

From KSports perspective: They probably felt as if the customer was trying to pull one over on them, did not understand how this could have been a manufacturers defect because they apparently do not even stock Loctite in their facilities, and KSport was probably irritated with me for good reason. I did nothing but pester them about this situation in every way possible because I wanted them to honor what I thought was covered under warranty.

This was the final email from KSport explaining the end situation from their perspective:

Quote:
We have determined this is not a warranty replacement but I am replacing under customer appreciation notation. It's unfortunate this happened but I honestly feel it just happened on accident during nut removal and is not fault of either you or the quality of our product. I can only guess that your mechanic said there was locktite to cover their error as you have to trust me its not possible to come that way as we do not use locktite anywhere in our assembly process. But regardless ill swap it out at no cost as we do want you to enjoy your product and I understand you chose our brand for the assurance of customer satisfaction.

In the end it is still undetermined as to what caused this issue with the nut; Was is the mechanic? … I don’t know. Did it happen during production?... Probably not. However I do know that this was a real nightmare from a customer service standpoint. Despite the great quality products offered by KSport, my wife and I experienced some of the worst customer service that we have ever encountered. Even with an understanding of their perspective, this situation should not have escalated to the point in which it did. I am positive that in a normal warranty situation, or in any situation, that they would provide better customer service. This is evident from their final email to me.

Getting to a more positive light, the shock is scheduled to be delivered this Sat. I will install it shortly after and post up pics for all of you! This is a really great adjustable setup that compares to and imo beats out DGR’s coilovers. I will have to write more about their suspension once I get the full system installed and adjusted.

TO ANY OF YOU WHO ARE THINKING OF BUYING COILOVERS….
Go with KSport for adjustability, product quality, and cost. DO NOT let my situation interfere with your purchasing decision. There are some other individuals at KSport that treated my wife with respect and I would like to commend them for it. Thank you Branden, Chris and Eric!

Perhaps Nick at KSport could setup some sort of special deal for those of us on the forums!

If anyone has any questions, thoughts, or they want me to delve deeper into any aspect of my encounter, please PM me. Thanks!
Old 03-14-2013, 10:54 PM   #43
Thugology101
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96051
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy 5dr

FF Reputation: 1 Thugology101 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
(cough) Don't forget Micheal (cough)
2012 Red Candy SE 5dr Sport. Sportline SPP control arms. Flowmaster. K&N CAI. 35% tint. Steeda STS Bracket. Fosgate Punch/Reaper amps. JVC Double DIN Touchscreen. Titanium engine cover. E-Focus RMM. 18x8 Rockstar Car.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:00 PM   #44
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 53 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Thats great to hear, Chris. Thanx for the update.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 03-14-2013, 11:06 PM   #45
RPMisChris
Focus Addict

lol Yes he helped support me through this entire process. Heck he has helped me with most everything and he knows it and I have thanked him for it privately. However he only got to speak with KSport after they had already agreed to send out a replacement. Michael did read all of the emails between myself, TH, and KSport so he is well informed of all of the "issues" and the situation as a whole. I have a feeling had he been able to get into contact with them earlier that the situation would have been resolved faster. Give him rep points if you haven't already!
Old 03-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #46
Broncoboy80
#MattinglyBuilt

Fan#: 59885
What I Drive: Stanced 02 SVT

FF Reputation: 13 Broncoboy80 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thugology101 View Post
(cough) Don't forget Micheal (cough)
Lol, you guys :-)

Glad it's all under control and squared away!

Instagram - #MattinglyBuilt
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue83 View Post
^yo, that bitch is LOW and clean!
Old 03-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #47
Dachozenjuan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 72260
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Dachozenjuan Good Standing Member
Ok. Now that I know more information about what happened from Chris's post my opinion on K-Sport has changed. I still think this situation has been ridiculous but I now understand why this happened. Even though I am happy with my suspension right now and do not plan on buying anything from them at the moment, my respect for the company has been mostly restored. So thank you Chris for posting that!
Old 03-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #48
RPMisChris
Focus Addict

sorry for the delay. yes the rear wheels are dirty, get over it. I was in the middle of cleaning them when I took the pictures.

Just for all of you who are wondering... yes I can slam this thing to the ground as there are enough threads to drop the car 4 more inches.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:02 PM   #49
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 23 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
that looks sharp! are those original white ford racing 15 spokes or painted EAPs?

How high up are you right now (as in could you go higher?) I know everyone always says how low they go but I'd like to know how high as well (winter isnt kind in ohio.)

Then most importantly, hows the ride/handling?
Old 03-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #50
RPMisChris
Focus Addict

I am probably an inch above the wheels. Not quite sure on your question about the wheels. pm broncoboy80 abt em. There are enough threads to raise the vehicle significantly.

The drive is smooth, almost no body roll, and they are just awesome! although I did have to install rear camber arms, toe links, and front tubular control arms to get it aligned properly. No need to look like a honda with horrible camber.

Bookmarks & Social Networks