KSport Coilover Issues - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack

Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack The place to go for answers on wheel types, tire sizes, offset, wheel patterns and more.
Sponsored By:
Tire Rack

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-12-2013, 11:52 PM   #21
Broncoboy80
#MattinglyBuilt

Fan#: 59885
What I Drive: Stanced 02 SVT

FF Reputation: 13 Broncoboy80 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
^ Nuff said.

Over the weekend we had a booth at the Golden Gardens meet which had over 3000 cars attend. K-sport products were showed and some orders were put in place. Since I am one to take the customers side, I am contemplating holding all K-sport orders till I see this situation resolved.

Instagram - #MattinglyBuilt
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue83 View Post
^yo, that bitch is LOW and clean!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2013, 11:53 PM   #22
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 47 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bergner View Post
I don't suppose you got a re-boxed return or something?
That'd be no good. You'd think the returns would be on the other side.
Interduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 03-12-2013, 11:59 PM   #23
MattDzx3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 99676
What I Drive: 2002 Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 2 MattDzx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Take care of your customers K-sport.
Rally Revolution #78, NW Posse #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by brekkebooboo View Post
One does not simply "unstance" Their car
Old 03-13-2013, 12:58 AM   #24
RPMisChris
Focus Addict

Fan#: 76276
What I Drive: 07 Zx3

FF Reputation: 1 RPMisChris Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
To respond in a more direct way to your post:

Quote:
I know OP says it was the shop, but she stated she was your wife and not a repair shop.
My wife had called you yes… and promptly connected you with the mechanic who proceeded to explain the problem, inform you on how to install your own product, and fax you information on the situation.

Quote:
Yes i did state the nut should not be removed to her as i was confusing this application with the Mazda 3, but with over 1000 products developed its really really difficult to remember the particulars of each one off the top of my head
The Mazda 3 has the same suspension. Stop trying to promote your other products indirectly. What other excuse do you want to dish up?

Quote:
Regardless we are not sure why the shock was so damaged removing a nut.
The mechanic told you why; the shock was damaged before he even tried to remove the nut and once he did he discovered there was Loctite on the nylon locking nut in addition to crossthreading that was done via assembly at the factory. This nut should not have been installed on the rear shocks in the first place and only came installed on one of my rear shocks.

Quote:
The nuts do not have locktite (we would love to speak to the mechanic that stated this as there is no way this is possible since we do not even have locktite on the assembly line), they are nylon locking nuts, which are designed so they do not back off while on the vehicle, a very very standard nut. This is a non-issue when removed with an impact.
The mechanic told you it had Loctite or a loctite material on it! We don’t know how it got there but it had it on it from the factory. Again, you spoke with the mechanic so what are you talking about here?

Quote:
But when we hear the nut is welded, than it was cross threaded, than there is locktite, all of which we know is not possible we tend to think possibly there was installer error the mechanic is trying to push blame on us. Hence the reason we requested to speak to the shop you said installed them, so we can try to understand how this was damaged.
OK I was wrong when I thought the nut was welded on. It shouldn’t have been on in the first place but regardless, it has been established by a reputable mechanic that it came from the factory crossthreaded and tightened with Loctite. They have communicated this with you. Why do you continue to deny this conversation existed? I have written and oral evidence of every word verbatim. Again, this is a reputable suspension shop that has done business since 1987. They know what they are doing and provide excellent customer service hence their willingness to speak with/put up with you on the phone.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:05 AM   #25
Thugology101
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96051
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy 5dr

FF Reputation: 1 Thugology101 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksport View Post
I hope you don't mind if we comment on this thread to possibly explain our side of the situation.

Initially we received an email from our dealer TH saying a customer had a coilover set that had a nut that we welded on, i stated that is not possible an we needed pictures. After receiving pictures i confirmed the nut was not welded and looked in fine condition and we instructed them to have customer call us directly. I received a phone call from a person regarding this situation. I know OP says it was the shop, but she stated she was your wife and not a repair shop. Yes i did state the nut should not be removed to her as i was confusing this application with the Mazda 3, but with over 1000 products developed its really really difficult to remember the particulars of each one off the top of my head, hence the reason we requested the call back before we came to any conclusion as to what happened here.

Regardless we are not sure why the shock was so damaged removing a nut. The nuts do not have locktite (we would love to speak to the mechanic that stated this as there is no way this is possible since we do not even have locktite on the assembly line), they are nylon locking nuts, which are designed so they do not back off while on the vehicle, a very very standard nut. This is a non-issue when removed with an impact.

If there is every any defect of cource we would take care of it, we do not sell over 5000 coilover systems per year by having poor customer service and screwing over people. But when we hear the nut is welded, than it was cross threaded, than there is locktite, all of which we know is not possible we tend to think possibly there was installer error the mechanic is trying to push blame on us. Hence the reason we requested to speak to the shop you said installed them, so we can try to understand how this was damaged. These nuts are designed to go on and off, over and over, but an impact is needed set to 45-50lbs. of torque, and its not possible to cross thread this nut on the shaft due to thread pitch and damage shown.
This is ridiculous. I sell auto parts for a living and I cannot imagine the loss in just making a customer happy is greater than the cost of the business you will lose. It's common knowledge that car clubs like this are tight communities, and cross- club frequently. If a member says " I had a problem with this part but the company just handled it. Now my new mod in installed and I'm happy" just as many people WILL buy your product for that reason as will refuse to when we see this.
As it is now I work for a large auto parts company that does sell significant aftermarket parts, but I stand behind everything I sell so there is no way I'll recommend this product. There is no conceivable scenario as far as I can see why this guy would make this up rather than finish his exciting new mod, so it should have been handled with one simple phone call.
Completely unacceptable and unimaginable.
2012 Red Candy SE 5dr Sport. Sportline drop with adjustable control arms. Custom exhaust. K&N CAI. 20% tint. Steeda STS Bracket. Rockford Fosgate Punch/Power Acoustik Reaper Series amps. JVC Double DIN Touchscreen. Titanium engine cover. E-Focus RMM.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:13 AM   #26
RPMisChris
Focus Addict

Fan#: 76276
What I Drive: 07 Zx3

FF Reputation: 1 RPMisChris Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Thank you^^^ All I want to do is finish my suspension and be happy! As of right now I shelled out over $800 on 3/4 of a suspension. It will cost an extra $200 + for a replacement shock if KSport does not honor their warranty.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:32 AM   #27
Nevin W
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98043
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 2 Nevin W Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I was thinking of going with coilovers with my car and was informed to buy them from KSport, but now that I have read this, I don't think I want to deal with crappy customer service if I have issues. I think I'll go with someone else if this isn't fixed...
PNW Crew #45
2002 Sonic Blue Focus SVT Supercharged - Current
2002 Liquid Grey Metallic Wagon - For Sale/not for sale/written off/fixing and selling/I dont even know...
Nevin
Old 03-13-2013, 07:32 AM   #28
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 20 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevin W View Post
I was thinking of going with coilovers with my car and was informed to buy them from KSport, but now that I have read this, I don't think I want to deal with crappy customer service if I have issues. I think I'll go with someone else if this isn't fixed...
As I said earlier in this thread, I was interested in K-sports as well but will be watching this thread to see how this is resolved.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:35 PM   #29
Broncoboy80
#MattinglyBuilt

Fan#: 59885
What I Drive: Stanced 02 SVT

FF Reputation: 13 Broncoboy80 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
I spoke with K-Sport this morning and had a solid conversation. Seems like this whole ordeal was just a misunderstanding, and they are more then happy to warranty the strut! There were a few things mentioned at the very beginning that three them off, confusing them. They had to first make sure this was in fact a manufacture flaw and not an (oh shit i broke it, lets see if we can get a free one).

So all is good, they still make great suspension. Just had some faulty communications.

Instagram - #MattinglyBuilt
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue83 View Post
^yo, that bitch is LOW and clean!
Old 03-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #30
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 47 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoboy80 View Post
I spoke with K-Sport this morning and had a solid conversation. Seems like this whole ordeal was just a misunderstanding, and they are more then happy to warranty the strut! There were a few things mentioned at the very beginning that three them off, confusing them. They had to first make sure this was in fact a manufacture flaw and not an (oh shit i broke it, lets see if we can get a free one).

So all is good, they still make great suspension. Just had some faulty communications.
Great job, Micheal. Great that K-sport's got going on this & understands now.
Interduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131

Bookmarks & Social Networks