Cell phone mounts.. let's see what you got?! - Page 8 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-01-2013, 11:48 PM   #71
suequipo
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 116338
What I Drive: 2013 silver Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 suequipo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I got inspired by Orion1222 and I used the info in http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=259875.

What I did was to use the 2nd USB port to plug my phone and then put a metal plate on top of the center screen. the I got a cheap phone holder that attaches with a magnet (from a HDD), so that I can easily remove it.

I like this location for the phone, as it doesn't block the view and is easily reachable.

I used 2 screws and double sided tape to secure the bracket. The screws go to the hard plastic, and I made guide holes for them with a motortool.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-07-01 16.33.56.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	256.1 KB
ID:	18524  

Name:	2013-06-29 18.40.20.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	249.5 KB
ID:	18525  

Name:	2013-06-29 17.53.56.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	249.1 KB
ID:	18526  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #72
2kwik4u
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102523
What I Drive: '12-Sonic Blue-5dr/5spd/203A/Roof

FF Reputation: 1 2kwik4u Good Standing Member
I have a RAM X-Grip and a flexible seat bolt mount in the mail currently. I'll be sure to post pics once I get it installed. Didn't really like any of the clip mounts or dash mounts I found. Went with the RAM system in order to make it at least somewhat modular if I change my mind in the future I just have to by another base not a whole new mounting system.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:13 AM   #73
TheHumbleGeek
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105071
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE

FF Reputation: 1 TheHumbleGeek Good Standing Member
So, i have both of those, but never thought of combining them. The seat bolt mount is pretty darned stable, i use mine for a netbook and its got nary a wiggle, regardless of how spirited the driving gets. I hope you like it. :-)

Sent from SGH-I747M Via FF Mobile, Care of CSIS ;-)
2012 Tuxedo Black Ford Focus SE | Sedan Revolution #283 | Sonic's MK3 Crew #29
1984 Copper Metallic Ford Mustang LX
Old 07-07-2013, 07:18 AM   #74
DJFreshlySnipes
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99868
What I Drive: 09' Focus Coupe (Blue)

FF Reputation: 1 DJFreshlySnipes Good Standing Member
I bought this phone holster/ mount at an Auto Parts store for like $15. I took it apart, drilled some holes on the back under the rubber and drilled it into my dash. I can see the phone well through the wheel while driving for nav/music and doesn't get in the way when turning.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:45 AM   #75
rbpexman
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105094
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Focus

FF Reputation: 1 rbpexman Good Standing Member
My iPod Solution

Couldn't quite afford to dodge the suction cup option this time around and don't like the vent clip option either. So...I searched and searched within the confines of the cramped quarters of the Focus and came up with this placement...which works for me. It's accessible and pretty much out of the way...which is a difficult outcome given the cramped Focus interior.

Forgive the dirty floor liners...I did this in the rain.

I simply placed the adhesive base in the location shown...removed the suction cup from the base of the holder because they don't hold well anyway, and super glued the holder to it. Adjust...hide the cables as much as possible...and that's it.

Not the greatest job...again it was raining...but maybe the idea will help someone else.

What I really want to do is to come up with a way to mount a GPS device into the headliner at the edge of the windshield. Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0706131410a.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	221.8 KB
ID:	18584  

Name:	0706131410b.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	206.5 KB
ID:	18585  

Name:	0706131410c.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	18586  

Old 07-07-2013, 07:55 AM   #76
DJFreshlySnipes
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99868
What I Drive: 09' Focus Coupe (Blue)

FF Reputation: 1 DJFreshlySnipes Good Standing Member
You could mount the GPS unit to the left of the instrument cluster on the dash. Just find a mount that you like and either drill it like I did or use 3M adhesive.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:47 PM   #77
Marine
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105885
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Marine Good Standing Member
I have this for my iPhone. Best mount around. I had mounted above the ouch screen with included tabs and before that on the windshield. NOW I can't find it. It's 36.00 on amazon.

http://usa.just-mobile.com/iphone/xt...l#.UdtdFGt5mSM

It as a built in adjustment tool it is pretty awesome.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:41 AM   #78
2kwik4u
Focus Enthusiast

Put a new phone mount in the other day. I searched and searched and searched on here, but couldn't find one I liked. I wanted to make 100% certain it was NOT blocking my field of view out of the windshield, as that is a pet-peeve of mine. the second requirement was that if it "came loose" with the windows down it would stay IN the car, so pillar mounts and such were out. I liked the idea of it being near the shifter while cruising, so I ended up going with a seat bolt mount, and X-Clip from RAM. EXCELLENT setup, and is FAR FAR more stable than I predicted. So far I'm really enjoying it.

Mount in the car by itself:

Detail of seat bolt attachment:

Detail of the X-Clip, and top of post area:

Detail of "X-Clip" device:

I'll update my post when I get the pictures off my wifes camera that show the phone actually mounted....Forgot to get those last night....whoops!
Old 07-11-2013, 07:19 AM   #79
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Very nice. I like that solution! It seems that you get more for your money with this solution than with some of the others. It looks very sturdy.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #80
2kwik4u
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
Very nice. I like that solution! It seems that you get more for your money with this solution than with some of the others. It looks very sturdy.
I concur. Total cost was around $50 plus shipping.

The other benefit to this system is that you can mount ANY RAM accessory on that ball. So i can easily swap out the "X-Clip" for a tablet mount in the future. Rebend the support, and away I go. I'm also considering getting another, and mounting it in the backseat for Junior to hold a tablet with on long road trips.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->