Cell phone mounts.. let's see what you got?! - Page 11 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-26-2013, 12:27 AM   #101
TheHumbleGeek
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105071
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE

FF Reputation: 1 TheHumbleGeek Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Just out of curiosity, what happens to that mount when the airbag goes off?

Sent from SGH-I747M Via FF Mobile, Care of CSIS ;-)
2012 Tuxedo Black Ford Focus SE | Sedan Revolution #283 | Sonic's MK3 Crew #29
1984 Copper Metallic Ford Mustang LX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2013, 07:44 AM   #102
MySTify
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 119617
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST

FF Reputation: 1 MySTify Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyboy.com View Post
i saw that somebody has the Pro Clip mount that goes on the driver's A-pillar. i had a Pro Clip in my MK1 for my GPS and i loved it.

i see they also have one for either side of the center stack - does anyone have one of these? been thinking of one for my phone so i can leave Trapster open or something (nav in the dash so i don't need a separate GPS anymore)

pro clip 854619

pro clip 854620

personally i think i'd opt for the left side one to keep the cord tidier (to the center console). i don't think i'd spring for the Pro Clip holster-type mount specifically for my (version of) iPhone though, want something more universal so i might screw an AMPS type mount to the Pro Clip mounting plate.

I have both, but attempting to sell the one for the left side. I put my Access port there. In all honesty the one for the left kinda gets in the way of the pushbutton start on the ST. Im going for the a pillar mount. Should be ok for a keyed ignition though

Sent from my mind to the forum through a Galaxy SIII and FF Mobile.

Last edited by MySTify; 10-08-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #103
CunFFS13
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 117411
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Ford Focus S MT

FF Reputation: 6 CunFFS13 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by qweesy View Post
Kuda mounts are the way to go they look OEM

That's an old very old and creepy cellphone!
Hahaha
Old 10-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #104
mikesusz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 326
What I Drive: 2013 PB Ti Hatch +Handling

FF Reputation: 4 mikesusz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
some better pics of my setup (daytime! lol). i drive with my telescoping wheel all the way out (towards me, away from the dash) so keep that in mind when you look at the distance.

the thin-ness of the iPhone 5s make the prong-things on the Arkon mount seem ludicrous.

Old 10-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #105
jcw122
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 111081
What I Drive: 2014 Race Red SE 201A Hatch - MTX

FF Reputation: 2 jcw122 Good Standing Member
I bought an Aduro mount, because I wanted to mount it in a place where it wasn't so far off my line of sight like a lot of the mounts are here. It leaves a mark on the dash but I don't really care because I'll use it a lot there.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #106
Romans5.8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 119488
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 4 Romans5.8 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsimms63 View Post
True, don't even know why they bothered with a CD player since everything is digital download mp3 or mp4. Wish they would have put a DIGITAL connection in the media hub instead of the stupid ANALOG RCA crap. The only people who can use that are Apple fanboys since Apple only outputs analog. My Android, HTC Amaze 4G, is digital and I need a HDMI input. Damn media hub is useless to me, except for the SD card reader and USB port. Way to keep up with tech Ford!
Not really an 'apple fanboy' (I do have an iPhone so in some circles that automatically makes me a fanboy I guess; but I digress). The new ones with the so called 'lightning' connecter are digital. But even before that, HDMI out was an option with a dongle. (But you are right, the old 30-pin connector was an analog connector)

All the more reason why those RCA jacks are way out of place. I saw those on a model with MFT I looked at. Thought it was so strange. Reminded me of an old 80's conversion van with a big ol' VCR in between the driver and passengers seat! I was just looking for the "VHF" and "UHF" selector knob! :P

There are a few things, with all cars, that I think are due for an update. When we have 1080p cellphones and tablets running 2048x1536 resolution, why are the resolutions on the two displays (MFT or otherwise) on the Focus so low?

But it is what it is! Some of the solutions in this thread are pretty cool. The biggest issue for me is finding a way to hide and route the wire. I hate cables hanging down in cars. You take such a good looking interior, but then you have a radar detector suction cupped to the windshield with a power cable draped over the center dash and plugged in! Blech!

I think what would be really cool, is if the MFT nav stuff 'worked' with the cellphones. In the sense that the small nav cues that are given on the instrument panel (like a right arrow with a distance listed below it indicating 'right turn in X miles'), would feed from the phone. Then I'd just leave the phone in the center console all the time! All I ever need it to be 'out' for is for navigation.
2011 Honda Shadow Aero, Candy Red (Wife's Bike)
Old 10-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #107
Deehugh
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 99502
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Deehugh Good Standing Member
Custom Designed and 3D printed

Old 10-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #108
ScooterCT70
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98691
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Titanium Focus

FF Reputation: 1 ScooterCT70 Good Standing Member
There are some sweet cell phone mounts in this thread. I have been using this http://www.sportys.com/ToolShop/product/19389 for a couple of months now. The back has bendable ties so you can mount it anywhere that has something you can wrap around. Works great with my iPhone 5. I'll get a pic of mine in the vent next time I go out.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #109
thejordan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107706
What I Drive: 2013 SGM Focus 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 4 thejordan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
not a phone but

Old 10-31-2013, 06:44 PM   #110
teookie
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 119563
What I Drive: 2014 white Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 teookie Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch View Post
Called the Aduro U-Grip Plus, easily the best mount I've ever used; and I've been through a lot of mounts.

$19.99 on Newegg. You'll never buy another mount again. Durable in its simplicity, easy to install... whatever magic that suction cup uses keeps it on a sloped surface of the mildly textured dash, no problem at all. I can take my phone in and out with one hand. And it's right there in my line of sight.
I've got one of these mounts and it's leaving little circles on the dash when I remove it. Anyone know if there is a way to clean the circles off?

Bookmarks & Social Networks