Vermen1993's Build Thread - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-21-2012, 04:50 PM   #1
vermen1993
Focus Addict

Fan#: 79408
What I Drive: 1995 MKIII Jetta GLX (VR6)

FF Reputation: 1 vermen1993 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Vermen1993's Build Thread

It's been two years and plenty of modifications, so I figured I'd make a thread to showcase what's been done to my car. I bought it August of 2010 from an older couple a town over. They garaged it during the winter months and barely drove it, pretty much to the store and back. The car is a 2002 SE Sedan, got it with 57,XXX on the clock and no rust or dents or anything besides the usual wear.

Where it all starts:

April 21st, 2010, 2 weeks after getting my license, I drove like every other 16 year old boy fresh off the permit, like an idiot. 5-Speed 2003 LX, 65 in a 30 around a 25MPH turn...:

After that, I was borrowing my dads car whenever I needed to get to work, which was becoming very impractical so I went out an bought another, knowing that if they could withstand an accident like that, they were very well built. Picked him up on August 21st, 2010:

Sadly it's an automatic, but you work with what you've got. Now most people give their cars girls names or whatever, but I feel like those should be reserved for muscle cars or things like that, so the name Felix came, and it stuck. That's how he sat for 8 months, entirely stock until I blew the transmission. I didn't think about swapping in a manual, so I left it automatic . Right as I got it back from the mechanic the mods began to flow in. First came the Intake, Strut Brace, and Ford Racing Tail Lights:

Everyone always told me, once you do the first mod, the bug will hit and there's no stopping there. Next thing I wanted to tackle was the handling, and getting rid of the 4x4 status known as a stock focus. I picked up a set of SVT Springs cheap off of a member here and tossed them on as well as an SVT Lip, after hours of figuring out the suspension:

I was left with this, which I was quite proud of at the time:

Especially when I tried to go up a friends driveway:

Shortly after, I found a good deal on MSD Coil and Wire pack off of another member on here again:

After the MSD Setup, my mods began to die down along with my bank account, so I did a simple mod to keep the bug alive and added LEDs to my trunk:

A couple weeks of searching later, I found a kid selling 3 EAP SVT wheels with tires for $100, so I had to grab them, along with a new wheel to go along with it for $250 after the new tire as well :

Soon after the wheels were bought, I had to go off to college and leave my car at home for the 1st Semester, so mods were on hold, until Christmas break when I bought myself a new headunit (Pioneer DEH-3200ub):

I also managed to snag a set of fog lights while I was home, since my SE already had the harness it was essentially plug and play, along with some yellow Lamin-X:

(Brother Driving )

My motto when it comes to my car is that when something breaks, it doesn't mean replace it, it means upgrade it. This was nice when it was time to replace my front breaks, so I swapped them out with Slotted PowerSlot Rotors, which I have yet to regret:

Due to me going home every so often on weekends, I was allowed to bring my car up to school finally, so I found a stock 1st Gen SE to park next to so I could compare. This really showed me how far I had come and made me pretty happy about what I've done to the car so far:

After a 5-week, 12,000 mile road trip I figured it was time to replace the shocks, struts, and springs, and in turn lower the car a total of 2.25". I did this with the help of some DRSport springs (Spring Rate 324?? and some Koni STR.T Struts):

I did this today so the springs are still settling, but I will be back in a couple days to add pictures of the final outcome.

Thanks for looking and any remarks or comments would be greatly appreciated!

Stefan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2012, 05:21 PM   #2
02fordsvt
Meh.

Fan#: 84654
What I Drive: 2002 SVT, 2001 SE (Rusty)

FF Reputation: 49 02fordsvt Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Subscribed. Looking great.
Hatch Nation #13 : Rally Revolution #13 : ROTM Jan '13
It's Bryan, not Brian
RSVT-170 Build in Progress
Derusting Rusty Build in Progress
Old 06-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #3
jimsredhatch
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98204
What I Drive: 2004 red htch

FF Reputation: 1 jimsredhatch Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Great progress so far, try painting your door handle and mirror caps to match the car, it will make all the difference.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:48 PM   #4
katiekay
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔoℲ

Fan#: 42025
What I Drive: 03 CD Silver ZX5

FF Reputation: 58 katiekay Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (48)
Looks good so far, once it starts - you can't stop modding lol. Why did you do blue leds instead of red?
Hatch Nation #8
September 2012 Ride of the Month
Old 06-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
Djzx3
WRX/Focus:)

Fan#: 76864
What I Drive: 04 WRB WRX / 00 se zxw

FF Reputation: 33 Djzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Nice car, sad to see you sent a FL dark colored focus into the woods.
HN #17
D23 crew-#1
Old 06-21-2012, 07:08 PM   #6
vermen1993
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsredhatch View Post
Great progress so far, try painting your door handle and mirror caps to match the car, it will make all the difference.
That's my next plan, I'm afraid of messing it up though and not having the colors match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroinsa View Post
Looks good so far, once it starts - you can't stop modding lol. Why did you do blue leds instead of red?
The LEDs came before the red and black scheme. They'll be swapped out eventually its not hard or expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djzx3 View Post
Nice car, sad to see you sent a FL dark colored focus into the woods.
Yeah, that's was quite the sad day, well night. But that was long before modding was a thing, and that car had seen far better days and was soon to be out the door. I do miss the 5 speed though :/

Sent from Stefan's Phone
Old 06-22-2012, 12:23 AM   #7
Luis360
Focus Addict

Fan#: 35708
What I Drive: 2002 Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Luis360 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
looking good. keep it up
Old 06-22-2012, 12:37 AM   #8
stilix
Zzzykeyah!!!!!!

Fan#: 53230
What I Drive: 2007 liquid grey metallic ZX3

FF Reputation: 4 stilix Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Looks great man. I am honored that you named your car after me lol. J/K.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:18 AM   #9
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Fan#: 69510
What I Drive: 97 Impreza coupe, 04 Mazda6

FF Reputation: 13 TheGlassMaker Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Subscribed. Looks good man can't wait to see the out come of the new drop, I too have a SVT lip on the stock bumper love they way it looks. A SVT grilles swap would be sweet too.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #10
vermen1993
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_mclaren View Post
Subscribed. Looks good man can't wait to see the out come of the new drop, I too have a SVT lip on the stock bumper love they way it looks. A SVT grilles swap would be sweet too.
I'm looking around, its hard to find a good condition one for cheap.

Sent from Stefan's Phone

Bookmarks & Social Networks