Edmunds: 2014 Ford Fiesta ST First Drive - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-06-2013, 01:41 PM   #41
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The overboost needs to be removed (with a tune) since that just hurts overall performance as noted by testers running an ST on a longer road course.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #42
Gorio
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95180
What I Drive: Black 2012 SE w/Sport /203A pkg

FF Reputation: 1 Gorio Good Standing Member
Patiently waiting for one of these little rockets....
Old 06-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #43
swansong
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83576
What I Drive: 2008 Saab 9-3 Aero SportCombi XWD

FF Reputation: 9 swansong Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Anyone else sign up to drive the Fiesta ST (and other cars) at one of the Ford Ecoboost Challenge Drive events? I'm going to the Chicago one on June 29.
Gone: 2002 SVT, #1654

Hers: 2010 Focus SES: 70k, Ebony, Auto, Moon and Tune
Old 06-12-2013, 06:26 PM   #44
macdiesel
I used to drive this

Fan#: 31579
What I Drive: 2010 mazdaspeed3

FF Reputation: 21 macdiesel Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Yes.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #45
Gorio
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95180
What I Drive: Black 2012 SE w/Sport /203A pkg

FF Reputation: 1 Gorio Good Standing Member
Once it comes to NorCal I'll definitely take one for a test drive. BTW, went to the Edmunds site and one can price this car. With Nav, Recaros and other available goodies MSRP is $23K. It's almost worth getting the Focus ST....Maybe....
Old 06-13-2013, 06:21 AM   #46
swansong
Focus Addict

The Build and Price has been up on Ford.com for a couple months now. Fully optioned, with orange paint, gray wheels, Recaros, nav, etc., the MSRP is $26,750. That's exactly how I'd want mine, minus the navigation.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:18 AM   #47
CriticalMass
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63989
What I Drive: 2009 Focus Coupe SES, Silver

FF Reputation: 2 CriticalMass Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdiesel View Post
The st doesn't look that bad in 5door. Also interested In a ST shoot out. I'm thinking the fiesta might be funner to drive,being lighter and all.
I priced one of these out, and I ended up coming within 1k of a Focus ST. So I don't really see a point in the Fiesta ST.

If you're gonna spend 25k for a nicely equipped Fiesta ST, why not just get the Focus ST and be done with it. Ford is going to have to do some work with it's pricing. There is a reason why the new Focus and Fiesta's just aren't selling that well here in the U.S. Regardless of how well they are selling worldwide.. Some of it is the DCT, and some more is the way they have priced this new generation of compacts.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #48
swansong
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriticalMass View Post
I priced one of these out, and I ended up coming within 1k of a Focus ST. So I don't really see a point in the Fiesta ST.

If you're gonna spend 25k for a nicely equipped Fiesta ST, why not just get the Focus ST and be done with it.
Did you option them out similarly? Yes, the Fiesta ST can get expensive, but so can the Focus ST, which can be optioned past $30k. IMO the only way to really compare the prices of the two is to do Base-Base, Recaro Package-ST2, and Fully Optioned-ST3 (Fiesta-Focus). Of course the structure doesn't allow an exact like for like comparison, for example HIDs are only available on the Focus, but the Fiesta gets heated seats with just the Recaro package, which requires the ST3 spec on the Focus.

Then the difference between the models ranges from about 2k to 4k. Not exactly chump change. Of course the structuring of options doesn't allow an exact like for like comparison, for example HIDs are only available on the Focus, but the Fiesta gets heated seats with just the Recaro package, which requires the ST3 spec on the Focus.

The same argument happens when folks say, "Geez, a $30k Focus?? I can get a WRX for $26k!" But the WRX is about as basic as could be at that point. A 5-door WRX Limited (which still doesn't have the features of the Focus) is over $30k.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:56 AM   #49
valmundo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89368
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE & 2013 ST2

FF Reputation: 8 valmundo Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by CriticalMass View Post

If you're gonna spend 25k for a nicely equipped Fiesta ST, why not just get the Focus ST and be done with it. Ford is going to have to do some work with it's pricing. There is a reason why the new Focus and Fiesta's just aren't selling that well here in the U.S. Regardless of how well they are selling worldwide.. Some of it is the DCT, and some more is the way they have priced this new generation of compacts.
I think the sales of the ST are regional...Where I live, they are selling quite well. My local car dealer is sold out on STs. I also read somewhere that Ford was excpecting 3% of monthly Focus sales to be of the ST trim. So far, they have been averaging about 5% of monthly sales. That may not sound like much, but considering that the ST was always supposed to be a niche car, 5% of 20K montly sales still accounts for about 1000 ST sold per month. Not too shabby. I do agree however, that the Fiesta St price and the Focus St price are very close...If I had to choose between the two, I'd go with the Focus St.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:53 AM   #50
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Where are these ST Focus sales numbers coming from since 1000 a month sounds a bit high. Since it's been out I don't think that number has hit 4000 total since it's release from some early numbers I saw a few months ago.

Bookmarks & Social Networks