Daily Driver Engine Build 350-450whp>:D - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-28-2013, 08:49 AM   #31
Schroeder02

Fan#: 53191
What I Drive: 2013 Red ST & 2009 Focus Race Car

FF Reputation: 62 Schroeder02 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkNite713 View Post
I'm doing my own kit*Cheaper when you cut out the middle man*. I can easily piece together a 450hp turbo kit for under 2000$ +tuning.
Anthony
Think you’re a little off there a turbo will be 1K new (and that conservative) Waist gate 300 to 400 for a decent one and you still need a Blow of valve. You can go with a used turbo but you going to want to still send it out and have it looked over and rebuilt if needed. Depending on how you do oil lines but if you use AN line and make them each fitting is 14 bucks 6' of line is another 60 if you add an oil cooler you can be looking at another 200 to 300. It adds up quick.
Some advice, don’t buy other peoples junk, and don't go cheep it will just be a headache.

Do you have any special rituals when the helmet is concerned like many have? - I wipe it so that I can see better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2013, 08:53 AM   #32
Schroeder02

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkNite713 View Post
No point in building the motor for 250hp.... I can leave it 100% stock engine and hit 300hp which has been done repeatedly per tons time and turbo kit. :(
My point is to over build for logevatiy.

Do you have any special rituals when the helmet is concerned like many have? - I wipe it so that I can see better.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:02 AM   #33
BlkNite713
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88254
What I Drive: 2002 Viper Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 1 BlkNite713 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
No I am well aware of the headache of buying other people's junk. Most of my components will be new except waste, and bov. In the past I have picked up TialWG for 125$ and very clean BOVs for 100-125$ off Honda forums because as everyone knows... Most people prep to turbo their Hondas and give up do to lack of $ so I pick up there new parts never installed at used prices :DDD everything else will be new. Honestly people talk bad about Godspeed turbos but I personally know multiple 600+hp pushing GSP turbos and never had a problem. I won't be using them however, ill be using a 50trim Garrett t3.
-Semi Built Tranny(Torsen/Clutchmaster)
-Triplex Comp CT2 Billet HF-X
Old 02-28-2013, 09:05 AM   #34
Turbo Turtle
Fins Up!

Fan#: 32772
What I Drive: Miata, STi, GSXR1k

FF Reputation: 54 Turbo Turtle Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (25)
the walbro doesnt get damaged with half tank the walbro gets damaged b/c of varied voltage. when you switch to return you can use what ever pump you want b/c the voltage will not be varied.

like stated a pump like the ford gt will work with returnless and probably easily get your 450whp on the dyno. or a return system with stock tank will also get you 450whp on the dyno. the problem isnt making the power on the dyno the problem is keeping fuel at the pump during acceleration with lower fuel levels on the street. the high flow pump will empty the basket and acceleration will push the rest of the fuel to the back of the tank.

some people are successfully using stock tank with tank foam and running hoses to the back of the tank. or putting in an aftermarket hanger. but i agree with tom that a fuel cell is worth it for the added safety b/c running dry once will destroy that expensive new engine.

im looking to come up with a 3rd option for fueling that will allow you to keep the stock tank but still get the benefits of a cell by using a surge tank/swirl pot. updates on that will come after i get the current kit finished

my kit will come with no fuel or tuning. i will also have an option of byot (bring your own turbo). it will come with every thing you need except turbo, wg, bov, air filter, fuel and tuning if that is what you want. but of course no one can do it cheaper than diy b/c im having to buy the parts and build it just like you would, but my kit will be more affordable than the other options

Tim

facebook.com/TurboTurtleGarage
TurboTurtleFab@gmail.com
Old 02-28-2013, 09:08 AM   #35
Schroeder02

the Deatsch works fuel pump I'm using is a 265lph pump that will droop right in the tank, should be good for 350hp but proabably not any more.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #36
BlkNite713
Focus Enthusiast

When are you expected to have that kit available Tim? The spring/summer??? So the cheapest yet most affordable would be to go walbaro and return system which as I understand is not very expensive just a little bit of modification to the bottom of the gas tank for a return point for the fuel from the fuel rail. But that also means I have to buy a different fuel rail correct? Because the stock fuel rail wasn't designed for returnability.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:34 AM   #37
BlkNite713
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder02 View Post
the Deatsch works fuel pump I'm using is a 265lph pump that will droop right in the tank, should be good for 350hp but proabably not any more.
That's an in the tank non returnable fuel system your running?
Old 02-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #38
Turbo Turtle
Fins Up!

the bottom of the tank can not be modified its plastic. you have to add a return line to the top of the fuel hat, its what the pump is sitting in. yes you need a fuel rail and a 1-1 boost reference reg

im hoping to have a kit available in a few months

talk to this guy if your looking to get the cheapest return system possible. his seems to be working pretty good
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/member.php?u=10722

Tim

TurboTurtleFab@gmail.com
Old 03-05-2013, 11:01 AM   #39
BlkNite713
Focus Enthusiast

Update:

Thanks a bunch Tim! He gave me some really good information on his fuel system. He seems to use the lines running for the EGR system to go from the tank and recirculate fuel to the fuel rail. Seems very cost effective. Just need to get adapters and fuel rail and then I will be posting a how to so everyone can get it done. Have you had any experience using fuel foam in the tank in order to keep a fuel pump submerged?
Old 03-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #40
Turbo Turtle
Fins Up!

i ran a fuel cell with foam. stock tank didnt work for me. i was running an a1000 and i think it moved to much fuel lol

Tim

TurboTurtleFab@gmail.com

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->