Newbie needs help cyl 2 misfire - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-27-2013, 05:34 AM   #31
cindy13088
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 110424
What I Drive: 2001 Gold Focus SE/Comfort

FF Reputation: 1 cindy13088 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I do intend on keeping it...I just want everything working correctly. There wasn't any water around the plugs, and the coil looked fine. I drove it about 30 miles yesterday after replacing the plugs. A few days before I made sure that the right plug was going to the correct coil connector, and when I replaced them I did them one at a time so I wouldn't make a mistake.

Once this diagnostic is done today and everything is fixed, I will start to learn more about how to fix this car and do things I can do myself. (Gotta ask for some tools for my birthday lol). I really admire all of you that know so much and can do your own work. The labor at these garages are what kills you the most.

I will post again once I find out what is wrong with my car later today. Dropping it off at 9am this morning. I have to have the back passanger wheel looked at too because it is making a noise like either the brake is worn or maybe a bearing. Also the airbag warning light is one and the old guy told me they told him he had a faulty back seat belt. He had it inspected with the light on so I hope that is not going to cause me a problem because mine needs to be inspected too before the 10 days runs out. I don't know if that is part of inspection or not.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2013, 02:01 PM   #32
cindy13088
Focus Rookie

Just got the dreaded phone call from the garage. It was the coil pack, again you guys were right and they charged me wayyyyyyyyyyyy more than what one costs to buy and do it yourself. With the diagnostic, coil pack and labor it was 315.00 that included tax. I know I got robbed but now it will be fixed and running like new and I will no longer have to worry about problems for awhile. If it still runs like crap it will go right back to them to fix it again for free. I have to drive it for a bit to relearn the computer then they will inspect it. If these problems occur again, with the help of all of you I now know how to check and change my wires, plugs and the coil pack! This will be the only place I come for help with my focus from now on. Thanks again to everyone!
Old 02-27-2013, 03:01 PM   #33
scott7278
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100021
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SEL Hatchback

Points 1,423, Level 21
Points: 1,423, Level: 21 Points: 1,423, Level: 21 Points: 1,423, Level: 21
Level Up 23% Completed
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 5 scott7278 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy13088 View Post
Just got the dreaded phone call from the garage. It was the coil pack, again you guys were right and they charged me wayyyyyyyyyyyy more than what one costs to buy and do it yourself. With the diagnostic, coil pack and labor it was 315.00 that included tax. I know I got robbed but now it will be fixed and running like new and I will no longer have to worry about problems for awhile. If it still runs like crap it will go right back to them to fix it again for free. I have to drive it for a bit to relearn the computer then they will inspect it. If these problems occur again, with the help of all of you I now know how to check and change my wires, plugs and the coil pack! This will be the only place I come for help with my focus from now on. Thanks again to everyone!
Sorry to hear about the excessive cost, but at least it will be fixed. That's something, right?
Old 02-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #34
cindy13088
Focus Rookie

Yes, and I can drive and feel safe now which is all I wanted to accomplish.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #35
1sloho
12 years strong

Fan#: 111
What I Drive: '02 zx5

Points 14,372, Level 77
Points: 14,372, Level: 77 Points: 14,372, Level: 77 Points: 14,372, Level: 77
Level Up 81% Completed
Level up: 81% Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 17 1sloho Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Wow...they charged A LOT. I just did my coil pack this past weekend. Cost me 80 for a new one and about twenty minutes of my time. At least u will have it back and peace of mind.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using FF Mobile
Old 02-27-2013, 08:02 PM   #36
cindy13088
Focus Rookie

they charged me 146.00 for the coil pack. The rest was fluids, spray, diagnostic and labor ...expensive peace of mind LOL
Old 02-27-2013, 10:19 PM   #37
FocusRus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 109798
What I Drive: 2004 Silver Sedan SE

Points 341, Level 6
Points: 341, Level: 6 Points: 341, Level: 6 Points: 341, Level: 6
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 FocusRus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
..............I'm speechless......well, atleast it's fixed AND you didn't end up needing alot of 'other' parts. Glad to know you got the foci repaired and you are rollin again. Crackers!
Old 02-28-2013, 08:22 PM   #38
amc49
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96610
What I Drive: 00 wagon, 02 sedan both zetec atx

Points 2,961, Level 33
Points: 2,961, Level: 33 Points: 2,961, Level: 33 Points: 2,961, Level: 33
Level Up 41% Completed
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%
Forum Activity 37%
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%
FF Reputation: 23 amc49 Great Standing Member
Luck to you, girl, it's criminal what repairmen do to women............I've saved my two sisters plenty of times.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #39
scott7278
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100021
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SEL Hatchback

Points 1,423, Level 21
Points: 1,423, Level: 21 Points: 1,423, Level: 21 Points: 1,423, Level: 21
Level Up 23% Completed
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 5 scott7278 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc49 View Post
Luck to you, girl, it's criminal what repairmen do to women............I've saved my two sisters plenty of times.
My sister's friend was conned into over $400 in unnecessary services at a Valvoline store, and running, until she called her Dad in tears to help her. He had sent her up for a simple oil change, and they scared her into believing the car needed everything under the sun done.

I went there in 2001, with 13,000 miles on the odometer. The tech came back with "bad news" - it needed an engine flush and a new radiator cap. He got red-faced when I asked if he checked the odometer before beginning his up-sell hustle. I then politely asked him not to bother me again until the car was done.

I never went back.

Sent from my Android using FF Mobile.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:59 AM   #40
cindy13088
Focus Rookie

Well, I'm back again :( I went to get on the highway yesterday and my car is doing the same thing it was before with the hesitating and bucks when it hits 40mph. Is it possible that the coil pack is bad again? Would this be covered under some type of warranty if it was just put in by a mechanic not even a month ago?

The car has been running great and all of a sudden bang...here we go again! I cannot afford to pay these guys another 300+ dollars to fix it again. Or another 95 to diagnose it again. If it is the coil pack I will change the thing myself if they won't do it for free. Will need some help buying one online though because when I did a search there were so many different ones that popped up for my car. Some were real cheap and others were expensive.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.