Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2013 FoFo SE "Jaws" Mini Build (Pic Heavy)

3K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  sixshooter 
#1 ·
Decided to start my own little build thread here.
Nothing crazy is going to happen, but I want to document the small modifications I am going to make ((or already have) to my '13 Sterling Gray Metallic Sedan aka Jaws.

This is the first brand new car I have ever purchased (2 miles on it the day I test drove her).

The day I got her 2/19/13:

This is a lot to take in coming from a MKII with minimal options:

Picked these up the same night.. because a spare set of rims with snow tires on them is pretty key in the New England::

Mandatory Instacrap pictures:

This will come in handy:

Not bad for a 90% back road commute to work:

Since it was my birthday weekend.. I came home from VT to find my car had 20% tints all around. Huge thanks to my parents, sister, & B.I.L for surprising me with those!

And this was also on my kitchen counter when I walked into my place:

Now just waiting on some fog light bezels to arrive and my Ford Racing springs. [clap]

See less See more
#8 ·
Question, since your car came w/o fogs and you had to buy the bezels anyway. Why not just buy the titanium bezels in the first place instaed of buying the plain SE bezels and having to plastidip them? Are the ti bezels that much more expensive that its cheaper to go the route you did?

#15 ·
How the heck are you getting that gas mileage. Im not even getting 25mpg its a manual and I baby it big time.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using FF Mobile
I'm averaging 35 and getting on it sometimes, but I drive 90% highway.
I live in norfolk and im always driving 45mph to 70mph. My gas mileage just seems to suck. Granted there are only about 500 miles on the car but I would have thought it would have been alot better than 24.7 mpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using FF Mobile
I shot a video today while driving to work, check out the numbers I achieved.

#20 ·
I live in norfolk and im always driving 45mph to 70mph. My gas mileage just seems to suck. Granted there are only about 500 miles on the car but I would have thought it would have been alot better than 24.7 mpg...
Hey cornettbr,

I recommended checking out our tips for improving your vehicle's fuel economy here: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?cid=1097497476823&pagename=Owner%2FPage%2FArticleDetail&recid=1251387049618&parentheadlineimageid=1233677327701&parentrightrecid=1239636411265

Crystal

#17 · (Edited)
I couldn't say exactly. I fill mine from gas cans usually. The local get-go stations only allow 30 gallons when you use your fuel perks so I get my entire 30 gallons by filling the vehicle with the larger tank (the wifes escape) and putting the rest in gas cans. When I need fuel, I just grab a can and dump it in.

#21 ·
Fogs installed:

Here are the goodies:

Jaws up in the air and ready:

The supplied universal brackets can't really be used (unless you want to drill into the bumper...) [ohcrap]

So I made some of my own:

This is what the brackets look like on the light:

Test fit on the car:

Popped my plastidipped bezel on there:

I'm happy with it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.