Injection Molded Center Console Tray WITH Change Holder Thread (MK3 Focus) - Page 15 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: What do you think of this custom center console tray?
*THROWS MONEY AT SCREEN* 18 19.35%
I am very interested and would recommend to my friends! 21 22.58%
I am interested. 33 35.48%
Undecided. 4 4.30%
Iffy, might be interested if some things are changed (ie. maybe priced too high). 2 2.15%
No, I don't really need it. 15 16.13%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #141
k1ngkev1n1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103124
What I Drive: 2012 ford focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 k1ngkev1n1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
where is this going tobe sold?

when and where is this going to be sold, i am interested looks great and there is space for a usb cable to come out? correct?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #142
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97892
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
This has to get made!
HN#267 LS#108

TREAT YO SELF 2013
Old 03-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #143
Pinion Dominion
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105589
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 4 Pinion Dominion Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ngkev1n1 View Post
when and where is this going to be sold, i am interested looks great and there is space for a usb cable to come out? correct?
Mods should delete or merge this with other thread. The other (longer) thread was in the MK3 section but got moved to this subsection.

The tray is now in crowdfunding campaign mode. Please go to http://igg.me/at/TRES and back one of the perks that come with the tray (i.e. the $20 early bird). Payments handled by Paypal (you don't need a Paypal account just a credit card). If the project reaches its funding goal by March 31, I can go ahead with production. If the project does not reach it's goal, everyone who backed it receives a full refund. (The tray will be mailed to you if project is successful).

It is better to back the project earlier rather than later because people are more inclined to back a project that is close to reaching its goal.

The link I provided has a YouTube video and lots of pictures and info that should answer all your questions. Thank you!
Old 03-08-2013, 05:04 PM   #144
Pinion Dominion
Focus Enthusiast

Hello Everyone,

I am going to clarify a few things and post a short guide on how to back this project.

This project is running from March 3-31, 2013. If after March 31, 2013 the project has not reached its goal ($22,000 raised), the project is cancelled and we will not have another chance at an alternative console tray.

On Indiegogo, you can back the project securely using Paypal (you don't need to make an Indiegogo account). You can also not use paypal and pay by credit card. You will be charged immediately when you back the project but then if the project does not reach its goal, you will receive a FULL REFUND. Also when you back a project, you can choose to be anonymous on the project page.

It is better to back the project sooner because these projects will get featured on the main page if they are getting a lot of backers, thus leading to more chances of further funding. Also, it can gain the attention of local newspapers who may run the story and thus we get more exposure. They ran a story for this other Indiegogo project when it reach $6000 in funding.

How To Back Project
Step 1: Click this link http://igg.me/at/TRES/x/2498758
Step 2: You should now be on the project page. Scroll down and click the correct perk on the right. You should click "Early Bird Special" where you will be mailed 1 black tray for $20 (US and Canada) or $25 (International, any country other than US and Canada).

Step 3: Enter Your email Address and click Continue
Step 4: Fill Out Your Shipping Information and then Click Paypal button
Step 5: You'll be redirected to Paypal. Either sign in with your Paypal account or enter your credit card info and press continue
Step 6: You will be charged immediately, and on the next page, you can choose whether to be anonymous or display your name and contribution on the project page.
Step 7: Spread the word.
Step 8: March 31: 11:59PM. If Project reaches $22,000 in funding or more, money will transfer to me and I'll pay supplier who will immediately begin making the mould. If Project does not reach $22,000, receive a FULL refund in 3-5 days (in original payment method).

EDIT: Thanks for the merge mods :)

Last edited by Pinion Dominion; 03-08-2013 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Props to mods
Old 03-09-2013, 12:11 AM   #145
ralck
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96372
What I Drive: My sister's car while it is salty

FF Reputation: 1 ralck Good Standing Member
Quick note Pinion, I went back to the page to check out the new render photos you posted, and noticed you say it works with "-2012-2013 Ford Focus SE (only some models)." I believe there were no 2012 SE models that had the upgraded center console (I could be wrong though).
Old 03-09-2013, 08:13 AM   #146
JerryM
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98764
What I Drive: Ford Focus 2013 MK3, Panther Black

FF Reputation: 1 JerryM Good Standing Member
just take my money even I'm not in the us ;)
Old 03-13-2013, 08:18 AM   #147
asting
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98342
What I Drive: 2012, Tux Blk Met Focus 5d Sport

FF Reputation: 1 asting Good Standing Member
While a very cool idea, the requirement of 1100 units send a bit optimistic. Consider that this fits only one car and even then probably only 15-20% of those cars for a two year span. Throw in the fact that this is a niche desire, and you won't always reach your target audience. You're left with a very slim number of connected users.
Perhaps look into cheaper methods of production (over seas) from a fixed cost standpoint and you may have to charge a few bucks more and have a longer wait, but at least it will get done.
Hell if all else fails approach Ford with the design. It's something to put on your resume at least.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:54 AM   #148
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97892
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by asting View Post
approach Ford with the design. It's something to put on your resume at least.
^ This
HN#267 LS#108

TREAT YO SELF 2013
Old 03-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #149
BlueIce
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93794
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 BlueIce Good Standing Member
Have you approached any aftermarket companies with this? It may be something to consider. $22K is a lot to raise in a month.

www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293992
Old 03-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #150
Pinion Dominion
Focus Enthusiast

I have approached Ford's Supplier Diversity Program http://www.fordsdd.com/office/office_contacts.htm. Yet to receive reply (Carla on business leave until Monday based on her auto-reply).

Also in terms of contacting Ford, this doesn't look like it's in their game plan to support new supplier relations. All my research indicates Ford is consolidating its suppliers and eventually aims to conduct the majority of its business with a small selection of trusted suppliers.

I also approached 10 Ford dealerships in person, some seemed to be interested but no one was willing to put down money on the spot.

I am now in the process of approaching aftermarket company. One of the Ford dealerships gave me a company to contact, I don't recall the name off-hand.

In terms of overseas, that has a lot of unknown variables and I have heard a lot of stories of manufacturers not delivering on a promised product. I would rather do this right with my current supplier that I know and trust, and know that it is quality made in Canada or not do it at all.

Any other suggestions? Thanks for the feedback so far.

Bookmarks & Social Networks