f2rs bumper - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Focus

MK1 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the first generation 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-21-2013, 12:43 AM   #1
spacegravity4me
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 30431
What I Drive: Gray 2005 ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 42 spacegravity4me Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
f2rs bumper

Is there anywhere to buy the urethane f2 rs bumper anymore or do i just have to find someone selling theirs?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 07:52 AM   #2
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 23 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
I dont think there is anyone selling them new any more....

Try PMing hurtinfocus, I know he had a rs bumper for sale and might be able to get/make more.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:14 AM   #3
hurtinfocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 835
What I Drive: 03 SVT (RS conversion)

FF Reputation: 4 hurtinfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
I can make you the real-deal in fiberglass......but if you're dead-set on urethane GPwerks is almost done getting set up to re-produce the old F2 bumpers. All I have to say on that, is if you research there was problems with fitment with the F2 bumpers, GPWerks bought those molds and that's what they are producing....just a buyer-beware type deal. Additionally, with GPWerks you can get one that is made to fit standard fenders (non-widebody)....I do not offer that option. mine are exact copies of OEM focus RS pieces.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:14 AM   #4
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Fan#: 83941
What I Drive: 2003 TW Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 9 Blue5ive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Yeah GPWerks is in the process of reproducing the F2 bumpers. They have made some mods to the bumper molds for better fitment supposedly. Main thing I ever heard was "some" bumpers had an issue with flaring at the bottom just b4 the wheel. But it was easily fixable and since the bumper was urethane you didn't have to worry about cracking. Extreme Dimensions made a copy of an F2 bumper in fiberglass which had this flaring issue due to the faulty molding process. You can look in those threads and see examples of the ED problem.

Hurtinfocus' copies should be nice but as he said they are for widebody only which means you will need the front fenders as well. This would also require new fender lines as the old ones won't fit anymore. Could possibly fab something to bridge the gap? Also usually need a fender to bumper bracket as well. He might be able to fab something up to go with his bumper. And since the fenders are wider you will need to move the front wheels out quite abit through spacers or new wheels with diff offset or a comination of the 2. The real RS had longer axles and other parts for proper fitment. Lastly with any fiberglass bumpers/fender be carefull as they crack easily from scrapes and such. Have seen so many kits that were made pretty well but steep angles of drives and curbs will win everytime.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Old 02-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #5
hurtinfocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 835
What I Drive: 03 SVT (RS conversion)

FF Reputation: 4 hurtinfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
my bumpers will come with proper metal brackets for mounting....I bought real RS brackets to use as templates to make more...
Old 02-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #6
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Fan#: 83941
What I Drive: 2003 TW Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 9 Blue5ive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurtinfocus View Post
my bumpers will come with proper metal brackets for mounting....I bought real RS brackets to use as templates to make more...
Awesome.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."

Bookmarks & Social Networks