Wheel & Tire Score - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #1
mustang0
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96079
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy SE HB Sport Package

FF Reputation: 1 mustang0 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Wheel & Tire Score

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2c558089.jpg

I love Tire Rack. New wheels on clearance 139ea and tires with rebate. Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Got to drive on them a little before it snowed again
these tires rock. The difference is quite dramatic. It was a little cool out so grip was limited but you can still get an idea. Turn in seemed instantanious. Come on spring. Snowed so back in the garage for the Focus. Now I just have to decide what spring to put on. Suggestions comments. Right now leaning toowards Steeda springs. Not too low but low enough.

65 Racestang 96 Mustang 2012 Focus SE HB Sport Pac 5 speed man. NewMission Cold Air, lunchbox Delete,Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust, Steeda Rear Sway Bar, Steeda STS,Axis wheels, Blox shift knob,Focus elecrtic RMM, Injected 93 Tune V1 176HP 152Torque
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #2
theshrewz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103228
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Se Focus

FF Reputation: 2 theshrewz Good Standing Member
I love those wheels, what size did you get and what was the total?
Old 02-20-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
mustang0
Focus Enthusiast

17x7.5 Wheels, Tires 225/45R17 $1,232 without shipping and rebate. Rebate is 70 bucks
65 Racestang 96 Mustang 2012 Focus SE HB Sport Pac 5 speed man. NewMission Cold Air, lunchbox Delete,Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust, Steeda Rear Sway Bar, Steeda STS,Axis wheels, Blox shift knob,Focus elecrtic RMM, Injected 93 Tune V1 176HP 152Torque
Old 02-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #4
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang0 View Post
17x7.5 Wheels, Tires 225/45R17 $1,232 without shipping and rebate. Rebate is 70 bucks
Those look quite nice on the blue candy paint (Zillion had a set of 18x8 Axis XMX wheels in silver and it really popped nicely.

I had been considering those wheels, but I found a set of factory take off 17x7 wheels with very low miles for quite a bit less money.

I scored these wheels for $750:

I'm glad someone took advantage of that deal though as those look quite nice.

The tires were still at 10/32nds all the way around which is the same as a new tire so they were virtually new.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #5
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Quote:
http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2c558089.jpg

I love Tire Rack. New wheels on clearance 139ea and tires with rebate. Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Got to drive on them a little before it snowed again
these tires rock. The difference is quite dramatic. It was a little cool out so grip was limited but you can still get an idea. Turn in seemed instantanious. Come on spring. Snowed so back in the garage for the Focus. Now I just have to decide what spring to put on. Suggestions comments. Right now leaning toowards Steeda springs. Not too low but low enough.
PSS and PS3s, some of my more favourite shoes.

That and my PSSs lasted a hell of a lot longer than my Pirellis, stupid soft compound piles of shit they were.

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
Old 02-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #6
mustang0
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Those look quite nice on the blue candy paint (Zillion had a set of 18x8 Axis XMX wheels in silver and it really popped nicely.

I had been considering those wheels, but I found a set of factory take off 17x7 wheels with very low miles for quite a bit less money.

I scored these wheels for $750:

I'm glad someone took advantage of that deal though as those look quite nice.

The tires were still at 10/32nds all the way around which is the same as a new tire so they were virtually new.
That is a really good deal also, especially since tires came with. Oh I forgot to mention thanks to you because I didn't know that those rims were on sale until I saw that you had mentioned it. Thanks dude.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #7
suss6052
Focus Addict

Quote:
That is a really good deal also, especially since tires came with. Oh I forgot to mention thanks to you because I didn't know that those rims were on sale until I saw that you had mentioned it. Thanks dude.
You're welcome for mentioning it elsewhere on the forum.

Yeah, they came with nearly new tires as well as the tpms sensors, so it was an easy swap.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #8
OPsDad
Focus Addict

Fan#: 108661
What I Drive: 2014 Fusion Titanium AWD Moonroof

FF Reputation: 2 OPsDad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Pretty car, love the Frosted Glass, and those wheels are my favorite ones, would trade my Titanium Handling ones for them, especially if I could reduce my turning radius...
SR #265 | "Quia currus certatus, inferius"
13 Focus Ti Sedan w/Handling Pkg, MFT Sony 10 NAV, Leather
13 Focus SE HB Sterling Grey, 201A, Leather
06 F350 6.0L DRW King Ranch, Sunroof, Rhino Bed Liner, 4" MBRP Turbo Back, AirRaid, Edge Chip w/Pyro
Old 02-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #9
suss6052
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPsDad View Post
Pretty car, love the Frosted Glass, and those wheels are my favorite ones, would trade my Titanium Handling ones for them, especially if I could reduce my turning radius...
Changing the wheels won't help you though as you have the ti handling package rack with the steering limiters on the rack to prevent the tires from rubbing it won't turn quite as far which leads to the larger turning radius.

If you had an SE without the limiters you could put the 18s on and generally not have an issue, but it doesn't work to put the smaller wheels on the car with the bigger limiters to reduce the turning radius.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #10
OPsDad
Focus Addict

Fan#: 108661
What I Drive: 2014 Fusion Titanium AWD Moonroof

FF Reputation: 2 OPsDad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Question Limiter delete?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Changing the wheels won't help you though as you have the ti handling package rack with the steering limiters on the rack to prevent the tires from rubbing it won't turn quite as far which leads to the larger turning radius.

If you had an SE without the limiters you could put the 18s on and generally not have an issue, but it doesn't work to put the smaller wheels on the car with the bigger limiters to reduce the turning radius.
Can the limiters be removed or the rack switched out if the wheels are changed?
SR #265 | "Quia currus certatus, inferius"
13 Focus Ti Sedan w/Handling Pkg, MFT Sony 10 NAV, Leather
13 Focus SE HB Sterling Grey, 201A, Leather
06 F350 6.0L DRW King Ranch, Sunroof, Rhino Bed Liner, 4" MBRP Turbo Back, AirRaid, Edge Chip w/Pyro

Bookmarks & Social Networks