2010 Ford Focus HID kit help - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Second Generation > MK2 Focus

MK2 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the second generation 2008-2011 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #1
Jetta555
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 76963
What I Drive: 2010 Ford Focus SE Metallic Grey

FF Reputation: 1 Jetta555 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2010 Ford Focus HID kit help

So i am wanting to upgrade to a 35w 5000K from DDM tuning ( link for kit below) for my 2010 ford focus SE but i have a few questions before i buy them...

Link -
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W

1) What size bulb do i need for my ride? i am wanting both high and low beams because i drive a lot on woody back roads and i like it bright

2) Do i need HID Harness, Error Eliminator, Adaptor cables, and Mounting Brackets? They offer them on there website but i dont know if i need them or not for my factory housing and dont want to buy them if there not needed.

3) is 5000K the brightest of the lights? or is 6000K brighter or 4500K? im new to HID and dont know what is brighter.

4) will these still dim like my factories do with my subs? ( I have 2 15" kicker comps, Alpine 500 watt amp)

Thank you for any help and god bless!

- John 3:16
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #2
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84830
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

Points 8,292, Level 61
Points: 8,292, Level: 61 Points: 8,292, Level: 61 Points: 8,292, Level: 61
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
1.The factory bulb size is h13. I just bought the projectors which will take a h9.
But you will need h13 for your current setup.

2.hmmm lol

3. 5-6k is the brightest.

4. and they may dim a little but that is just because our stock alternator is a joke haha. but to be honest you shouldn't have any dimming with only a 500 watt amp. you are seeing dimming because the subs are pulling more power than the amp is providing thus it pulls it through the amp from the battery, if that makes sense
Galatians 6:14
Old 02-26-2012, 08:24 PM   #3
Jetta555
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 76963
What I Drive: 2010 Ford Focus SE Metallic Grey

FF Reputation: 1 Jetta555 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by crice8 View Post
1.The factory bulb size is h13. I just bought the projectors which will take a h9.
But you will need h13 for your current setup.

2.hmmm lol

3. 5-6k is the brightest.

4. and they may dim a little but that is just because our stock alternator is a joke haha. but to be honest you shouldn't have any dimming with only a 500 watt amp. you are seeing dimming because the subs are pulling more power than the amp is providing thus it pulls it through the amp from the battery, if that makes sense
So what do i do about the HID Harness, Error Eliminator, Adaptor cables, and Mounting Brackets? do you think i need them? lol And also since you said you have the projectors how are they are they any good? would you think HID or projectors?
- John 3:16

Last edited by Jetta555; 02-26-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:08 AM   #4
2011 SE
Focus Addict

Fan#: 80951
What I Drive: 2011 SE

FF Reputation: 8 2011 SE Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetta555 View Post
So what do i do about the HID Harness, Error Eliminator, Adaptor cables, and Mounting Brackets? do you think i need them? lol And also since you said you have the projectors how are they are they any good? would you think HID or projectors?
If you're having a bulb dimming issue, you'll definitely need the HID Harness. But since you're using stock headlight housings, you'll also need to pick up the hi/lo kit to retain high beams. I believe if you purchase the hi/lo kit, it comes with an HID harness.

Can someone who has purchased the H13 with hi/lo kit confirm that it came with the HID harness/relay which attaches to the battery?

You won't need any of that other stuff. Brackets might be helpful, but I just used zip ties and 3M outdoor strength double-sided tape to secure mine. They've been mounted for about 16 months without any problems.
Autobots decal over Ford emblems
Flat black TFB Designs hood stripes
Old 02-27-2012, 06:25 AM   #5
motodude696
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93229
What I Drive: 2010 Focus SES Black 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 1 motodude696 Good Standing Member
The h13 kit comes with the harness to connect to the battery

Sent from my ADR6350 using FF Mobile
Old 02-20-2014, 07:18 PM   #6
DJFreshlySnipes
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99868
What I Drive: 09' Focus Coupe (Blue)

Points 832, Level 15
Points: 832, Level: 15 Points: 832, Level: 15 Points: 832, Level: 15
Level Up 32% Completed
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 DJFreshlySnipes Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetta555 View Post
So i am wanting to upgrade to a 35w 5000K from DDM tuning ( link for kit below) for my 2010 ford focus SE but i have a few questions before i buy them...

Link -
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W

1) What size bulb do i need for my ride? i am wanting both high and low beams because i drive a lot on woody back roads and i like it bright

2) Do i need HID Harness, Error Eliminator, Adaptor cables, and Mounting Brackets? They offer them on there website but i dont know if i need them or not for my factory housing and dont want to buy them if there not needed.

3) is 5000K the brightest of the lights? or is 6000K brighter or 4500K? im new to HID and dont know what is brighter.

4) will these still dim like my factories do with my subs? ( I have 2 15" kicker comps, Alpine 500 watt amp)

Thank you for any help and god bless!

Actually the lower the Kelvin temperature of the bulb, the brighter it will be. Also the lower the kelvin temperature the more yellow the color. The higher the kelvin temperature the more purple it will be and it will illuminate more. I think 6000k looks the best, it is a diamond blue. standard european cars come with 4,300K and have a slight "white" hue to them.

Bookmarks & Social Networks