Rear doors not unlocking - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Second Generation > MK2 Focus

MK2 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the second generation 2008-2011 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-20-2013, 06:53 AM   #11
5characters
No Mo Fo Fo

Fan#: 78897
What I Drive: 2012 M2 Touring

FF Reputation: 2 5characters Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Gonna go try that in a bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2014, 03:12 PM   #12
Blackcat
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 104462
What I Drive: 2009 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 Blackcat Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor_shiggs View Post
No - Continue to Step 4.
Remove the interior door panel of the affected side. Reference Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 501-05 for removal and installation procedures.
But the door doesn't open. How do I remove the door panel when I can't get the door open?

Experimenting on the other side tells me I can't get the door panel off that either because I'm not smart enough.

Update: There's a T-30 Torx screw behind the cover behind the door handle.

Update 2: There are two T-30 Torx screws behind the cover on the part you pull to shut the door.

and the door panel is still firmly attached to the car

How is it there no how-to anywhere on this forum? If there is I can't find it.

Last edited by Blackcat; 04-18-2014 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Updated
Old 04-18-2014, 05:17 PM   #13
lacole725
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85112
What I Drive: 2010 Ingot Silver Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 lacole725 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat View Post
But the door doesn't open. How do I remove the door panel when I can't get the door open?

Experimenting on the other side tells me I can't get the door panel off that either because I'm not smart enough.

Update: There's a T-30 Torx screw behind the cover behind the door handle.

Update 2: There are two T-30 Torx screws behind the cover on the part you pull to shut the door.

and the door panel is still firmly attached to the car

How is it there no how-to anywhere on this forum? If there is I can't find it.
Let's see if I remember how to remove the door panel. I just replaced all four door speakers.

Pull off the black plastic triangle above the door panel, I think there is a screw behind that, or at least you need it off to pull off the panel. There are Torx bolts behind the door grab handle and behind the door opening handle. Pop up the window switch and disconnect. Unscrew the door lock from the rod. There is a small Philip's head screw on the side of the door panel, I can't remember if there are any underneath. Use an interior trim panel removal tool and start prying the panel off at the bottom and work up both sides. You should hear the push-pins pop out.

When re-installing the door panel, make sure the 90 degree bend at the very top of the door panel goes back in the window channel, while making sure the lock rod goes into the hole and the window switch connector gets fished back up through the hole...at the same time. I had a hell of a time getting a panel back on because I didn't realize that wasn't happening correctly.

I also had a problem with my rear door locks not working. Nobody ever rides in the back, except one a few rare occasions. I'm pretty sure the doors are supposed to unlock when I open the driver's side door, but they didn't unlock. It was almost like the child safety lock was on, but I checked it and it was off. I haven't had any problems lately, though.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:17 PM   #14
Blackcat
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 104462
What I Drive: 2009 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 Blackcat Good Standing Member
I got it now, miraculously enough. I was expecting it to lift up and have hooks that go into the door's metal like every other Ford I've ever dealt with.

Bookmarks & Social Networks