Suspension setup - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-24-2004, 01:01 PM   #1
Dragon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9785
What I Drive: 04 Infra-Red ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 Dragon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Suspension setup

I'm gonna order a suspension next week and was wondering what ya all thought about this

Eibach Pro-System vs Vogtland

They seem to be similiar in setup and appr in price. I know Vogtland just came out with theirs for the Focus but I guess alotta imports ie VW use em. The Vogtland are also a lighter setup ie weight savings (i read 2-3 lbs per spring) Does anyone use the Vogtland or heard any thing on their new setup?

Comment's and suggestions are appreciated.

Cosworth Header, Crane Cams, SCT Tune By Marcy Motorsports, Marcy CAI, FS Stealth Exhaust, FC 65mm TB, BS Delete, Lentech Valve Body, S2K PushStart, Eibach Pro Plus Suspension, DTM Pro Body Kit, Excel BK7 wheels, Fuzion ZRi 215/45/17, Tinted Windows, Custom Fuel Door, M3 Mirrors, Hid's, Blaze UnderBody Kit, Euro Grille, Redline Quicklift, Strut Tower Covers, Custom Ovals, Debadged, Various interior pieces painted, Leather Interior, Speedhut Gauges, Pioneer AVH6600DVD with Sirius, Kove 7" headrest monitors, Kove Armegedon AD2400 amp, Hart HT300 amp, Diamond Hex S600S component's, 3 Kove 12" subwoofers, CCFL's, LED's
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2004, 01:03 PM   #2
denzillion
Focus Addict

Fan#: 3955
FF Reputation: 1 denzillion Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Ebach Pro System. It's proven over and over again for Foci. To be honest I don't even know what is Vogtland.
Old 11-24-2004, 01:14 PM   #3
02focuszx3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1155
What I Drive: 05 zx3 se sangria red

FF Reputation: 1 02focuszx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
i've never heard of Vogtland either. stick w/ what is more known and proven to be top of the line...eibach
Old 11-24-2004, 01:53 PM   #4
Kamui
Focus Addict

Fan#: 10647
What I Drive: 2003 Infra-Red ZX3 5SP Zetec

FF Reputation: 1 Kamui Good Standing Member
Vogtland is new to me. Eibach is one of the best suspension setups to buy if your a daily driver. I would buy Eibach Pro System.
Old 11-24-2004, 01:59 PM   #5
Dragon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9785
What I Drive: 04 Infra-Red ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 Dragon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
here's the Vogtland site. They are better known in the Nascar circuit. So I was thinking it probably is a well designed setup.

Vogtland
Cosworth Header, Crane Cams, SCT Tune By Marcy Motorsports, Marcy CAI, FS Stealth Exhaust, FC 65mm TB, BS Delete, Lentech Valve Body, S2K PushStart, Eibach Pro Plus Suspension, DTM Pro Body Kit, Excel BK7 wheels, Fuzion ZRi 215/45/17, Tinted Windows, Custom Fuel Door, M3 Mirrors, Hid's, Blaze UnderBody Kit, Euro Grille, Redline Quicklift, Strut Tower Covers, Custom Ovals, Debadged, Various interior pieces painted, Leather Interior, Speedhut Gauges, Pioneer AVH6600DVD with Sirius, Kove 7" headrest monitors, Kove Armegedon AD2400 amp, Hart HT300 amp, Diamond Hex S600S component's, 3 Kove 12" subwoofers, CCFL's, LED's
Old 11-24-2004, 04:18 PM   #6
Gage
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7776
What I Drive: 2.3 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Gage Good Standing Member
Nascar and they are also huge in the VW/Audi world.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:16 PM   #7
crazymechanic
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12900
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 crazymechanic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
different companies products perform differently on some cars. eibach is known to have a great setup for the focus, so stick with eibach. eibach may not be that great for vw/audi's, so they go with this other brand. it's the same reason acura's go with injen intakes and we go with AEM. aem is better on a focus than on an integra, and injen is better on the acura than it would be on a focus. stick to what is known to be good
Old 11-24-2004, 05:43 PM   #8
whiteboyslo
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 180
What I Drive: 04 Pontiac GTO - Yellow M6

FF Reputation: 2 whiteboyslo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
if my buddy would ever get around to putting his Vogtland setup on i could give you a decent comparison.....

until then, go with what you know. why gamble, ya know?

Mike
Old 11-24-2004, 06:08 PM   #9
Rory
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15290
What I Drive: 03' ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Rory Good Standing Member
How is the Eibach sportline springs on an SVT? To low, to rough of a ride...? Or would it be better to go with a Pro kit from Eibach instead?

I want the car lowered, but not to low and uncomfortable.

R.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:46 PM   #10
whiteboyslo
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 180
What I Drive: 04 Pontiac GTO - Yellow M6

FF Reputation: 2 whiteboyslo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Quote:
Originally posted by Rory
How is the Eibach sportline springs on an SVT? To low, to rough of a ride...? Or would it be better to go with a Pro kit from Eibach instead?

I want the car lowered, but not to low and uncomfortable.

R.
a question like that is really out of line from the original thread topic. in the future, please make this a seperate thread.

to answer your question though, a majority of people i talk to say the sportline drop is just too soft. good for aesthetics, but a little softer than you'd like for some real good handling. if you're looking for a great drop at about the same height. check out some H&R race springs combined with adj. dampers like KONI Yellow or GAZ.

Mike

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.