For Sale: 2012+ Focus performance/aftermarket parts - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Marketplace > Buy - Sell - Trade > Archive

Archive Archive of all expired Buy-Sell-Trade postings.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-28-2013, 05:45 AM   #41
RAF_S197
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91991
What I Drive: 2014 Oxford white Sport Black Pack

FF Reputation: 21 RAF_S197 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwill9886 View Post
That's some interesting logic.

I'll send you a PM regarding some of your concerns.

Thanks for the bump.

I don't have any concerns nor do I need to talk to you in private.
Good luck with your sale

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2013, 07:01 AM   #42
Matasickle
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 77627
What I Drive: MK3 SGM SE

FF Reputation: 2 Matasickle Good Standing Member
Received my fog light bezels..
This fella is top notch. Shipped quick and was wrapped up in bubbles like it was a crown jewel.

Thanks man!

Going to drop a nice BST rating for you.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:07 AM   #43
vacman
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 107472
What I Drive: '13 5M white Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 vacman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I would pay your asking price on the intake without hesitation yet you drag your feet for "maybes." Like RAF, I don't like being strung along either. I'm too busy to keep checking to see if you've decided to give me the honor of buying your used intake for my econobox.

Forums are full of people who "really want your ________ and just have to wait until ________." Those people almost never come through. If you have a chance to make a sale, take it. It's way less headache for you in the long run.

My .02 as an old guy forum warrior.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:48 AM   #44
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97892
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacman View Post
I would pay your asking price on the intake without hesitation yet you drag your feet for "maybes." Like RAF, I don't like being strung along either. I'm too busy to keep checking to see if you've decided to give me the honor of buying your used intake for my econobox.

Forums are full of people who "really want your ________ and just have to wait until ________." Those people almost never come through. If you have a chance to make a sale, take it. It's way less headache for you in the long run.

My .02 as an old guy forum warrior.
Vacman, sorry but I'm afraid that I'm the cause of the holdup. I was supposed to get back with him regarding the intake but unfortunately I had to go out of town very last minute for work and had limited access to the FF forum.

He was waiting on me to get back with him which is very respectable considering I showed considerable interest in the intake before you; however, I am going to have to bow out of the auction after chatting with some reps at Steeda they gave me a pretty good deal on a new one.

I understand your frustration but lay off the dude, he's just trying to show some loyalty. That's just my .02
HN#267 LS#108

TREAT YO SELF 2013

Old 02-28-2013, 08:49 PM   #45
Bwill9886
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93444
What I Drive: 2013 Rallye Red Civic Si

FF Reputation: 2 Bwill9886 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Didn't even make it two weeks and already I'm a terrible seller.

Wish I could say that was a record and hand out participation prizes, but unfortunately... or fortunately... it is not.

When I started using forums quite a while back to buy and sell I remember how frustrated I'd get with some people. Sometimes you just try to work with someone and nothing goes right. A few times I felt like it would just be easier to just throw the damn part in the woods and let the deer fornicate with it... or whatever the hell they do out there for entertainment besides chew grass and staring wide-eyed before the vehicle impact...

I digress.

Point is, I know it can be frustrating not getting what you want. However you need to remember that this shouldn't be craigslist and I won't apologize for doing the right thing and not selling things out from under people.

I have been as honest as I possibly can be with everyone who has had a question or made an offer. Sometimes things just take time and I thought I had made it clear to everyone that there was no rush to sell these parts. Meaning I was not just going to take the first "ballpark" offer thrown my way, unless I was given a good reason to.

Now, for those of you decided to express their opinions in a not so positive way, I want you to know that no feelings were hurt (You can all stop holding your breath now). This is the internet after all. So if you still have any interest, please feel free to shoot another offer my way. I will be happy to answer any questions and keep you as updated as I can.

Also, here are a few tips that may help you guys "seal the deal" in the future.

Do:

-Politely ask questions and ask for continuous updates if it helps you.
-A direct line of contact, like a PM or e-mail, can help avoid confusion.
-Start a friendly negotiation if you initial offer is rejected or there is a higher offer. Just being nice can go a long way.
-Thank the seller for his time if you do not wish to make the purchase.

Don't:

-Get mad if the seller does not agree with your definition of "reasonable."
-Accuse the seller of unfair practices when you have no evidence.
-Insult other prospective buyers who have shown the same amount of interest as you.
-Leave rude comments in a public forum regarding a disagreement or dispute.

So, hopefully that helped those who actually bothered to read this far. Guess we will see what the future brings. Also, thank you for the kind words Matasickle and HornedFrog05.

TL:DR - Long winded speech explaining myself with a brief mention of deer fornication...

Old 03-03-2013, 10:44 PM   #46
Bwill9886
Focus Enthusiast

Steeda CAI sold!

Front page updated.

Also, the sway bars will no longer be in a pending sale by Wednesday at the latest. If they are not bought, I will notify those next down the line who were interested. If they are, the thread will be updated to reflect it.

Thanks again everyone!

Old 03-03-2013, 10:49 PM   #47
Twenty
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17

Fan#: 90312
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze SE sedan

FF Reputation: 8 Twenty Good Standing Member
Surely everyone has gone to buy something online only to have it sold after you had first expressed interest, to someone who came in after you. I had that happen once, with a car I wanted to buy, and I was quite upset. Holding items for those who first inquired is a practice I like to see and have no problem with.
SR #74/SMk3C #17/YBOC #03
Bill M.

Old 03-04-2013, 12:26 AM   #48
thehun
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102696
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 thehun Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
If the REAR SWAYBAR is available...let me know...paypal instantly

5-Speed Manual

Old 03-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #49
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97892
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty View Post
Surely everyone has gone to buy something online only to have it sold after you had first expressed interest, to someone who came in after you. I had that happen once, with a car I wanted to buy, and I was quite upset. Holding items for those who first inquired is a practice I like to see and have no problem with.
Tell me about it, had it happen with a car as well. Ruined my weekend.
HN#267 LS#108

TREAT YO SELF 2013

Old 03-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #50
Bwill9886
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedFrog05 View Post
Tell me about it, had it happen with a car as well. Ruined my weekend.
Yeah I think just about anyone who has used craigslist more than a few times has had it happen to them. At best they call you when you are half way there and tell you it's sold. At worst you get there after a long drive (and while talking to them on the way) and you're told it's sold with a "why are you surprised?" attitude.

Not a fan.

Anywho, PM's replied and here's a repeat of the status update on the sway bars:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwill9886 View Post
Also, the sway bars will no longer be in a pending sale by Wednesday at the latest. If they are not bought, I will notify those next down the line who were interested. If they are, the thread will be updated to reflect it.

Thanks again everyone!

Bookmarks & Social Networks