GPS Errors - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #21
rjhansen
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 117983
What I Drive: 2014 Sterling Gray SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 rjhansen Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have had this problem ever since purchasing the car. Had it back to dealer, they checked software version (which was current) and reset something. Did it on the way home from the dealer. Did they even drive it?

Has anyone found out any more information on this? I have an appointment this Friday for them to once again look at it. At this point, I am about ready to ask for my $800 back and go out and buy a $100 Garmin. (The one in my wifes car is right 100% of the time.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2013, 09:58 AM   #22
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhansen View Post
I have had this problem ever since purchasing the car. Had it back to dealer, they checked software version (which was current) and reset something. Did it on the way home from the dealer. Did they even drive it?

Has anyone found out any more information on this? I have an appointment this Friday for them to once again look at it. At this point, I am about ready to ask for my $800 back and go out and buy a $100 Garmin. (The one in my wifes car is right 100% of the time.)
I recently had my GPS module replaced (under warranty). It has been a couple of months so far and it seems to, at this point, have fixed the issue for me.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:29 PM   #23
buzzard
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 120327
What I Drive: 2013 black focus

FF Reputation: 1 buzzard Good Standing Member
I have a 2013 with nav problems as stated I took it to dealer and they told me the problem was the winter tires that they installed as part of the sales deal are a smaller size. The computer is locked out on this car and they cannot calibrate for the smaller tire size, so until the original summer tire is put back on the nav will not be accurate
So the extra money for the nav was a total waste while the wrong size tires are on the car
I am now thinking the speedo must be off as well as the dct shifting must be affected
Think I am going back to see my salesman and demand a different set of winter tires of the correct diameter
I wonder how many other people that took the winter tire deal when buying and don't realize its affecting there car
Old 01-20-2014, 04:59 PM   #24
Jewfei
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 116044
What I Drive: 2013 focus

FF Reputation: 1 Jewfei Good Standing Member
Any updates on people getting this fixed? I brought in my focus today to get the GPS looked at and all they did was a master reset, which did nothing except erase my phone. They gave me a 1800 number to call to try to fix it but i doubt they could do anything.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:51 PM   #25
buzzard
Focus Rookie

I have to drop my car off so they can put the summer tires back on the car and see if it fixes the problem
Service dept wont do anything till the salesman does this to see if it cures the problem
Service fellow got snotty when I told him he needs to put the proper size tire on it, he told me they put what tires the sales provided
I then asked why their highly trained and professional mechanics would put the wrong tires on, this is when he told me to go see the sales manager which I did
I will give them a couple weeks but they will fix it cause I want what I paid for and if they cant fix it I don't want it as far as im concerned I did not get what I paid for
Old 01-21-2014, 03:11 PM   #26
Jewfei
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 116044
What I Drive: 2013 focus

FF Reputation: 1 Jewfei Good Standing Member
just curious did you drop from the titanium 18 inch wheels to 15 inch steelies? because that's what i did and i have a feeling it might be because of that. doesn't really make sense considering the base focus comes with 15 inch wheels.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:42 PM   #27
buzzard
Focus Rookie

that's correct went from the titanium handling or performance package 18 inch to 15 inch steelies
Old 01-23-2014, 09:30 PM   #28
TKG26
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 117681
What I Drive: 2013/Grey/Ti-Focus

FF Reputation: 1 TKG26 Good Standing Member
ME too 18 to 15 just went to dealer today. Ill attach the BS explaination letter they had on file for anyone with this issue. If the GPS is tied to the tire size ford should be ashamed of such a stupid design...

The Base model use 15" tires... That drop is only about 1.7%.... Its crazy to think u must run 18" snow tires. If its tire size then they are suggesting that they have Modules for 15,16,17,18,20,22" Tires?????????? IF thats the case give me a 15" module for winter use. Show me where it goes ill install it myself
Old 01-23-2014, 09:31 PM   #29
TKG26
Focus Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromFF Mobile1390534315672.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	27857
Old 02-13-2014, 01:52 PM   #30
TKG26
Focus Enthusiast

They recalibrate two days ago with the snow tires on.. so far so good. Wife did a trip to Toronto today with zero issues.

Will we need to calibrate when the 18"s go back on? Don't know lol

Bookmarks & Social Networks