MK3 (2013) DCT @ dealer for repair - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #51
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd123 View Post
Thinking about buying a focus 2013 AT but this thread and other talk over internet scared me away :-(
GL guys!!
I'm glad that reading all the complaints here has saved you from what could be a lot of aggravation.

The Focus is a great car ruined by a horrible dealership service network and abysmal customer service.

Until Ford gets their customer service and dealership act together, you'd be better off buying a lesser car with better support. Just my opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #52
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Titanium DCT Dilemma

FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
I'm glad that reading all the complaints here has saved you from what could be a lot of aggravation.

The Focus is a great car ruined by a horrible dealership service network and abysmal customer service.

Until Ford gets their customer service and dealership act together, you'd be better off buying a lesser car with better support. Just my opinion.
Sounds like your describing Volkswagen, I have had similar experiences with them.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #53
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka View Post
Mine was fine and I started to hear noises around 2000-2500 miles. Then car gradually became less smooth (shifting), more vibrations, more shuddering (gradually more violent). I got the computer update around 3500 miles and it helped a lot until about 2 weeks later the symptoms started gradually returning, except faster than before. Around 4,000 miles after the car shuddered violently in traffic while driving from a red light, something under the hood made a horrible loud noise that sounded like some metal pieces being thrown around voilently and lasted a minute while i was accelorating. Since then the gears had been grinding or boaring noise - I could definatetly hear it while cruising... it was probly going on during acceleration too but I couldn't really hear it.

Are you experiencing anything similar? If so take it in... I mean the Tech DID tell me that Ford has built replacement parts and that they are aware of the issue. For that reason I think there's no reason not to take it in. Just me. Keep us updated :)
Mine is getting more quiet with time, I am hearing it less and less each day, yesterday I took it out for a quick errand, did not hear anything today on the way to work it was fine except for a few slow take offs with gas saving throttle pressure I heard it. No really lunges or issues except for Friday, I felt a big one at a stop light take off..
Old 03-18-2013, 06:47 PM   #54
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Thanks for the update, mishka. It sounds like things are progressing well. Let us know how the repair goes!

It sounds like it might be a good time to visit the dealership, Tubeway Army. I'm happy to do what I can to help, too; just send me your info via PM (VIN, dealer, daytime phone number, full name) and I'll get to work.

Crystal
I'll give it this week, till it passes 500 miles, it did quiet up the past two days. Will the dealership get hit with any negatives if I contact you first?
Old 03-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #55
Strix
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubeway Army View Post
Will the dealership get hit with any negatives if I contact you first?
I don't think their dealerships get 'hit with any negatives' no matter what. They seem to have carte-blanche to ruin people's cars and then tell them "it's normal". And Ford 'Customer' Service will back them up all the way.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #56
regisphilbin
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101005
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 regisphilbin Good Standing Member
Just FYI, I asked my dealer to see the *removed* clutch system once it's replaced (in the next couple of days). I'll take pictures of it but i'm not an auto expert. If anyone has a certain image request or the like, I'm willing to attempt to take pics before they take it away...
Old 03-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #57
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Quote:
I don't think their dealerships get 'hit with any negatives' no matter what. They seem to have carte-blanche to ruin people's cars and then tell them "it's normal". And Ford 'Customer' Service will back them up all the way.
I know they are very particular on the surveys after you get a car from them, they made it very clear a few times, that is mentioning don't forget to give me a good rating (Salesman) I think that it effects their allocation and a few other things?

Volkswagen ruined my wife's Jetta, messed it up real bad. Had a terrible experience with them and went to 3 different dealers till it was fixed, wasn't even a year old and the car sat on the back lot for 2 months waiting for a part to arrive, was given back to us with rusted/pitted rotors unsafe to drive and covered in seagull droppings. They said they were going to send us a survey, but we never got one. That was the last time for VW.

I hope my experience with Ford is better.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #58
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by regisphilbin View Post
Just FYI, I asked my dealer to see the *removed* clutch system once it's replaced (in the next couple of days). I'll take pictures of it but i'm not an auto expert. If anyone has a certain image request or the like, I'm willing to attempt to take pics before they take it away...
Unless your willing to take it apart, there probably won't be much to see.

The circular shaped object to the left of the picture is the dual dry clutch which is incased in a steel enclosure (cut away in the picture to show inner components. I don't know if it's serviceable, that is made to come apart with screws or ? Might be welded or pressed together/throw away component to lower cost.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:07 PM   #59
Strix
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubeway Army View Post
I hope my experience with Ford is better.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

What is it with dealerships? I don't get it... some will replace entire transmissions at the drop of a hat, others will tell people to their face that crunchy grinding noises are normal. Some will make matters worse in their attempts to fix customer complaints, others will fix things before the customer even knows to complain about it. It seems so hit and miss.

I can tell you this, high ratings on dealership review sites don't mean a thing. I chose the dealership that pretty much ruined my car on the basis of their exemplary rating on dealerrater.com. Upon closer examination, it seems that their top salesman either begs and pleads with, or bribes people, to give him good reviews. Because of him, they have 4.9 of 5 stars. They still ruined my car... but now my poor review of them is drowning in a sea of 5-star "_salesman_ is the best! He made buying my new car is easy as signing on the dotted line!" reviews.

I guess the only thing you can count on is: You pay your money and you take your chances.

I'm looking forward to trying again. I can't get burned this bad a second time. It has to come up my way sooner or later. (Gambler's fallacy, LOL)
Old 03-18-2013, 08:15 PM   #60
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Quote:
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

What is it with dealerships? I don't get it... some will replace entire transmissions at the drop of a hat, others will tell people to their face that crunchy grinding noises are normal. Some will make matters worse in their attempts to fix customer complaints, others will fix things before the customer even knows to complain about it. It seems so hit and miss.

I can tell you this, high ratings on dealership review sites don't mean a thing. I chose the dealership that pretty much ruined my car on the basis of their exemplary rating on dealerrater.com. Upon closer examination, it seems that their top salesman either begs and pleads with, or bribes people, to give him good reviews. Because of him, they have 4.9 of 5 stars. They still ruined my car... but now my poor review of them is drowning in a sea of 5-star "_salesman_ is the best! He made buying my new car is easy as signing on the dotted line!" reviews.

I guess the only thing you can count on is: You pay your money and you take your chances.

I'm looking forward to trying again. I can't get burned this bad a second time. It has to come up my way sooner or later. (Gambler's fallacy, LOL)
Have you tried numerous dealerships? Do you get the same result?

"Squeaky wheel get's the greasin" at least for this person, I hope I never get to this point with any car. VW came close.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Bookmarks & Social Networks