MK3 (2013) DCT @ dealer for repair - Page 12 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 08:10 AM   #111
mishka
Focus Addict
 
mishka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Fan#: 107408
Location: Germantown, MD
What I Drive: 13' TB SE Sport Sedan DCT 201A pack

Posts: 978
FF Reputation: 1 mishka Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My car has been driving MUCH MUCH better since they replaced clutch/seals. I haven't heard any grinding, and best of all I haven't had any shuddering at low speeds yet (knock on wood*). They did update or reflash the cpu (or whatever, I don't know terminology :P) as well. I think I've only driven maybe 500 miles or so since then repair + cpu reflash (this is the second reflash I've had now.)

Anyways everyone keep your fingers crossed! and your toes too.
__________________
~ Shadowfax ~
mishka is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-02-2013, 08:22 AM   #112
cappa
Focus Addict
 
cappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85229
Location: Elizabeth, NJ
What I Drive: 2000 VW Golf / 2012 Ford Focus Ti

Posts: 671
FF Reputation: 1 cappa Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
nice glad to hear!

My car is still at the dealership still waiting on the clutch/seals which is on "backorder."

It's been a month now at the dealer. :)
cappa is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:31 AM   #113
mishka
Focus Addict
 
mishka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Fan#: 107408
Location: Germantown, MD
What I Drive: 13' TB SE Sport Sedan DCT 201A pack

Posts: 978
FF Reputation: 1 mishka Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappa View Post
nice glad to hear!

My car is still at the dealership still waiting on the clutch/seals which is on "backorder."

It's been a month now at the dealer. :)
cappa , that sucks. 1st off did you speak with the Ford regional customer service? Apparently they are able to help expidite shipments and get parts there faster. Also, since your car's been in the shop for 1 month or more, I'm pretty sure you could ask for a replacement car (new car) or a refund according to lemon law. At least it is this way in my state. But if you are attached to your car and have faith the fix will actually fix it then I guess wait haha.
Er you're still under warranty i'm assuming right.?
__________________
~ Shadowfax ~
mishka is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:51 AM   #114
cappa
Focus Addict
 
cappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85229
Location: Elizabeth, NJ
What I Drive: 2000 VW Golf / 2012 Ford Focus Ti

Posts: 671
FF Reputation: 1 cappa Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka View Post
cappa , that sucks. 1st off did you speak with the Ford regional customer service? Apparently they are able to help expidite shipments and get parts there faster. Also, since your car's been in the shop for 1 month or more, I'm pretty sure you could ask for a replacement car (new car) or a refund according to lemon law. At least it is this way in my state. But if you are attached to your car and have faith the fix will actually fix it then I guess wait haha.
Er you're still under warranty i'm assuming right.?
Yes, Ford did call me a couple of times and supposedly were "expediting" the process but apparently the part is just on "backorder." Another issue could be that I am doing as you suggested and pursuing the lemon law route and perhaps Ford isn't being so helpful anymore? I have a rental car being provided to me free of charge so I'm not as upset as I probably should be, it is what it is the longer the car is at the dealer the better it looks for me for the lemon law suit. I am still under warranty car is less than two years old and only has 15,500 miles or so. :X It's been at the dealer more times than not though (TCIM/PCIM module failing twice, towed to dealer due to fuse junction box failing, multiple times for transmission issues etc)

I love the car alot but I think I am unfortunately done with Ford for the time being they lost me with all these issues and it sucks because this car has so much promise.
cappa is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:18 AM   #115
mishka
Focus Addict
 
mishka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Fan#: 107408
Location: Germantown, MD
What I Drive: 13' TB SE Sport Sedan DCT 201A pack

Posts: 978
FF Reputation: 1 mishka Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappa View Post
Yes, Ford did call me a couple of times and supposedly were "expediting" the process but apparently the part is just on "backorder." Another issue could be that I am doing as you suggested and pursuing the lemon law route and perhaps Ford isn't being so helpful anymore? I have a rental car being provided to me free of charge so I'm not as upset as I probably should be, it is what it is the longer the car is at the dealer the better it looks for me for the lemon law suit. I am still under warranty car is less than two years old and only has 15,500 miles or so. :X It's been at the dealer more times than not though (TCIM/PCIM module failing twice, towed to dealer due to fuse junction box failing, multiple times for transmission issues etc)

I love the car alot but I think I am unfortunately done with Ford for the time being they lost me with all these issues and it sucks because this car has so much promise.
You should ask for a replacement vehicle and/or upgrade to the 2013 model. I'm sure they made some improvements overall. Since my fix everything's been good. Plus, the problem they've had with the transmissions is not yet a recall, meaning it is common but not every car had problems - many have been problem free.
__________________
~ Shadowfax ~
mishka is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:23 AM   #116
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Fan#: 111167
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Lemon

Posts: 749
FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2013 improvements related to the DCT have not been my experience...my car is actually a 2013.5...seeing it was built in February ......

Sent from my SGH-T679 using FF Mobile
Tubeway Army is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #117
mishka
Focus Addict
 
mishka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Fan#: 107408
Location: Germantown, MD
What I Drive: 13' TB SE Sport Sedan DCT 201A pack

Posts: 978
FF Reputation: 1 mishka Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubeway Army View Post
2013 improvements related to the DCT have not been my experience...my car is actually a 2013.5...seeing it was built in February ......

Sent from my SGH-T679 using FF Mobile
Feb 2012 or 2013? Mine was built on October 25th. Is that a older version than yours?
__________________
~ Shadowfax ~
mishka is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #118
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Fan#: 111167
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Lemon

Posts: 749
FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka View Post
Feb 2012 or 2013? Mine was built on October 25th. Is that a older version than yours?
February 2013
Tubeway Army is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #119
FordService
Official Ford Rep
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Fan#: 79824
Location: Dearborn, MI
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Posts: 4,268
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappa View Post
Yes, Ford did call me a couple of times and supposedly were "expediting" the process but apparently the part is just on "backorder." ...
Hi cappa,

I looked at your case notes and I see that CSM Erika has been checking regularly on the status of the part and communicating with your dealership. I know she'll do all she can to get this resolved for you.

Crystal
__________________
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
FordService is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:18 PM   #120
cappa
Focus Addict
 
cappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85229
Location: Elizabeth, NJ
What I Drive: 2000 VW Golf / 2012 Ford Focus Ti

Posts: 671
FF Reputation: 1 cappa Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
thank you Crystal, appreciate your assistance.
cappa is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.