MK3 (2013) DCT @ dealer for repair - Page 11 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-21-2013, 12:42 PM   #101
mishka
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107408
What I Drive: 13' TB SE Sport Sedan DCT 201A pack

FF Reputation: 1 mishka Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubeway Army View Post
That just plain sucks...when Volkswagen had my car for 2 months waiting for a part, they provided me with a Passat which was a step above the Jetta that was in for service and it was a "courtesy car" no rental or cost to me. Another VW dealer though used Enterprise which had crap rental cars at the time...but covered the cost if the work was under warranty. I do not see why the 5/60 does not permit this for you?

I would not be a happy camper in your case...

Sent from my SGH-T679 using FF Mobile
Yeah I'm not happy about the loaner thing... My car has been in Ford shop since Monday morning 7:30 am. The loaner has regular seats and is very uncomfortable, screens/gauges different, stereo has no SIRIUS which i'm paying for, etc, etc. If my car is not ready by tomorrow I will ask for a better loaner or a courtesy car.
What do you mean by "5/60"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #102
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka View Post
What do you mean by "5/60"?
5 year / 60k mile power train limited warranty.

At least your problems are getting acknowledged. I'd gladly pay $15 a day for someone to fix my bad clutch rather than be told it's normal.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #103
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Lemon

FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
5 year / 60k mile power train limited warranty.

At least your problems are getting acknowledged. I'd gladly pay $15 a day for someone to fix my bad clutch rather than be told it's normal.

Still think if the car is under warranty, Ford would or should comp the cost of a rental. Problem is many times the car they will cover is less of a car than yours, base model or something smaller.

The "normal" thing is going to be hard to swallow, I don't see myself being totally satisfied with this purchase if this is what I have to live with till I get some equity in my purchase, still would be burnt on trade-in a few years down the road or if I decided to trade-it in I would be hit hard with the upside down.

If I could do it all over again, I would have just got the ST and said screw the fuel savings and tell my wife to don't worry about driving my car if needed or just opted for the Fusion which is not dual clutch. I drove manuals for years, though the Powershift is two 3 speed manuals mated together with shifting/clutch movement done by a computer, no manual I ever owned or driven sounded or felt like this.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:08 PM   #104
mishka
Focus Addict

look: http://www.ford.com/cars/focus/2013/...y/new-vehicle/
"Ford and your dealer are not responsible for any time or income that you lose, any inconvenience you might be caused, the loss of your transportation or use of your vehicle, the cost of rental vehicles, fuel, telephone, travel, meals, or lodging, the loss of personal or commercial property, the loss of revenue, or for any other incidental or consequential damages you may have."
"Ford shall not be liable for any damages caused by delay in delivery or furnishing of any products and/or services."
"Nothing in this warranty should be construed as requiring defective parts to be replaced with parts of a different type or design than the original part, so long as the vehicle functions properly with the replacement part. Moreover, Ford and its authorized dealers are entitled to a reasonable time and a reasonable number of attempts within which to diagnose and repair any defect covered by this warranty.
In certain instances, Ford may authorize repairs at other than Ford dealer facilities."

So are they going to replace my seals and clutches with the same exact ones??? It says it right there^. What are the chances they will be defective again? (pretty good chances imo)
All of that is very... disheartening. I really should have read the warranty more closely when I was buying. I'm starting to thing that an extended warranty on this vehicle is necessary.

And yes, Praton, it's good they didn't dismiss my claim/say it's normal. You would expect them not to. However, the fact that I'm already paying for my car and all of it's features, and they give me a much lower focus with none of my features and charge me for it is really not cool.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:11 PM   #105
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Hi everyone,

Rental/loaner vehicles are provided per dealer availability. It would be awesome if everyone got one for any given reason, however, not all dealers have that option. Some only have it available if you purchased the vehicle from them, or if itís an extenuating circumstance, etc. This is also why we offer rental provisions with our Extended Service Plans with first day rental or after 24 hour rental, etc.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 03-21-2013, 01:14 PM   #106
mishka
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi everyone,

Rental/loaner vehicles are provided per dealer availability. It would be awesome if everyone got one for any given reason, however, not all dealers have that option. Some only have it available if you purchased the vehicle from them, or if itís an extenuating circumstance, etc. This is also why we offer rental provisions with our Extended Service Plans with first day rental or after 24 hour rental, etc.

Crystal
So you're telling me that if you bought a brand new car and the next day they said it needs work, to be in the shop for 1 week. Would you be okay with getting a much lower version of your vehicle plus paying for it daily?
I doubt it.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:16 PM   #107
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka View Post
look: http://www.ford.com/cars/focus/2013/...y/new-vehicle/
"Ford and your dealer are not responsible for any time or income that you lose, any inconvenience you might be caused, the loss of your transportation or use of your vehicle, the cost of rental vehicles, fuel, telephone, travel, meals, or lodging, the loss of personal or commercial property, the loss of revenue, or for any other incidental or consequential damages you may have."
"Ford shall not be liable for any damages caused by delay in delivery or furnishing of any products and/or services."
"Nothing in this warranty should be construed as requiring defective parts to be replaced with parts of a different type or design than the original part, so long as the vehicle functions properly with the replacement part. Moreover, Ford and its authorized dealers are entitled to a reasonable time and a reasonable number of attempts within which to diagnose and repair any defect covered by this warranty.
In certain instances, Ford may authorize repairs at other than Ford dealer facilities."

So are they going to replace my seals and clutches with the same exact ones??? It says it right there^. What are the chances they will be defective again? (pretty good chances imo)
All of that is very... disheartening. I really should have read the warranty more closely when I was buying. I'm starting to thing that an extended warranty on this vehicle is necessary.

And yes, Praton, it's good they didn't dismiss my claim/say it's normal. You would expect them not to. However, the fact that I'm already paying for my car and all of it's features, and they give me a much lower focus with none of my features and charge me for it is really not cool.
I do not know if this is Ford protocol? This is the 2nd Ford I got from same dealer, the other car is a 2011 Fusion and issues have been limited, they did replace the front windshield because I noticed a day after I got it that the glass was defective and delaminating. They provided me with a 2012 Focus loaner through Enterprise and paid for the cost 100%. Every dealer I ever had warranty service with, provided a courtesy car or paid for a rental. Most dealers down here use rental agencies to avoid car shortages for customers so I was told.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #108
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubeway Army View Post
I do not know if this is Ford protocol? ... They provided me with a 2012 Focus loaner through Enterprise and paid for the cost 100%. Every dealer I ever had warranty service with, provided a courtesy car or paid for a rental. Most dealers down here use rental agencies to avoid car shortages for customers so I was told.
My Milwaukee dealer made me pay for my rental (which ended up being a RAM 1500 that I had to drive 100 miles in), but my Illinois dealer pulled a bunch of strings and hooked me up with a 2011 Fusion last-minute.

I'll be going to the Illinois dealership next time I want someone to check out my clutch issue(s).
Old 03-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #109
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by penet05 View Post
Can you please check your PM and let me know if yours sounds similar or different?
I responded to you, the short answer is yes sounds like mine.

I am also going to record mine with video this weekend sometime. Today when I left work a few of my co-workers were outside talking and when I drove by them, the grinding caused them all to turn their heads. If I can hear it in the cabin with the A/C on medium, it's obviously very loud outside. It sounds sick, and not sick in the good tuned exhaust note way. You know how it is, did you ever see a car going down the road dragging it's muffler?

I don't buy it's "normal", auto makers go through great lengths to to make the acoustics of a vehicle clean with cabin noise reduction, laminated glass and etc and saying that to customers just defies logic.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #110
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
My Milwaukee dealer made me pay for my rental (which ended up being a RAM 1500 that I had to drive 100 miles in), but my Illinois dealer pulled a bunch of strings and hooked me up with a 2011 Fusion last-minute.

I'll be going to the Illinois dealership next time I want someone to check out my clutch issue(s).
I would not give them anymore business, just a bad message to send customers.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->