MK3 (2013) DCT @ dealer for repair - Page 10 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #91
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Fan#: 111167
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Titanium DCT Dilemma

Posts: 719
FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi everyone,

Thank you to those of you who have reached out to me already. As a reminder to those of you who are currently experiencing any physical concern with your vehicle, I am here to help by getting your cases documented and into the hands of your regional customer service managers. To proceed, send me a private message (PM) with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name.

Thanks!

Crystal
Crystal:

I sent you a PM, when can I expect a call or ? I work near my dealer, was going to stop by today or tomorrow if possible.

Thanks
Tubeway Army is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-20-2013, 01:39 PM   #92
FordService
Official Ford Rep
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Fan#: 79824
Location: Dearborn, MI
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Posts: 4,090
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubeway Army View Post
Crystal:

I sent you a PM, when can I expect a call or ? I work near my dealer, was going to stop by today or tomorrow if possible.

Thanks
Hi Tubeway Army,

I responded to your PM, but in case you see this first - go ahead and make an appointment at your dealership. Your regional CSM will contact both you and your dealer, but it's best to get your car in beforehand to move the process along.

Crystal
__________________
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #93
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Fan#: 111167
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Titanium DCT Dilemma

Posts: 719
FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi Tubeway Army,

I responded to your PM, but in case you see this first - go ahead and make an appointment at your dealership. Your regional CSM will contact both you and your dealer, but it's best to get your car in beforehand to move the process along.

Crystal
I got it thanks, I have an appt to drop the car off tomorrow morning.
Tubeway Army is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #94
opies
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Fan#: 109709
Location: Lansing, MI
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL

Posts: 113
FF Reputation: 2 opies Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I dropped my 2012 off at the dealer for misc. warranty work this evening. I brought up my transmission issues and also asked to see the work history on it. It had the transmission reflash the day I bought it in early Feb and thats the extent of the history from the dealers standpoint.

In any event, they gave me a Fiesta as a loaner. Transmission is perfect in it. It shifts exactly like a manual with no shudder and no slipping between gears. I did notice that its shift points, even under light throttle, were allowing the engine to rev a bit higher. It was not "short shifting" like my Focus does trying to get into the highest gear as fast as possible. I know I know, apples and oranges. But if they can get it right with the Fiesta, why not the Focus?
opies is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #95
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Fan#: 111167
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Titanium DCT Dilemma

Posts: 719
FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I rented a 2012 Fiesta, it was fine too I did not hear any grinding or experience any issues with the tranny. Maybe just luck?
Tubeway Army is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #96
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Fan#: 111167
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Titanium DCT Dilemma

Posts: 719
FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I stopped by the dealer this morning and they immediately told me this is "normal for that type of car", I was then handed a 2 page information sheet which details the characteristics of the Powershift Transmission. Noise, Break-in Period and etc. The technician supposedly test drove the car and stated that it's acting "normal", I was sent off on my way with the paperwork stating this. No re-flash because I was told this will make the noise more apparent since the tranny is adapting to my driving style and will have to "re-learn" again if so. This is all detailed in the paperwork.

When I left, it sounded and acted no different. So no improvements yet, was told to be patient and let it break in to at least 1K miles, I am just over 500 currently.

I think that Ford should clearly define to customers in their brochures the nature of a Powershift tranny and how it differs, but then I thought to myself I rented a Fiesta a few months ago that did not behave like my car. Told the dealer this as well. Maybe it was broken in? I can't say for sure, it was a rental with some miles on the odometer, maybe I need to be patient afterall? Time will tell.
Tubeway Army is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #97
penet05
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Fan#: 111308
Location: Conroe, TX
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Focus SE

Posts: 44
FF Reputation: 1 penet05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Can you please check your PM and let me know if yours sounds similar or different?
penet05 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #98
mishka
Focus Addict
 
mishka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Fan#: 107408
Location: Fairfax, VA
What I Drive: 13' TB SE Sport Sedan DCT 201A pack

Posts: 965
FF Reputation: 1 mishka Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Still waiting on my parts... still haven't heard about what my shutdown might have been... I've had the car in the shop since Monday and i'm paying $15 a day for a loaner vehicle. I have the basic warranty, which they say does not include loaner vehicles. Is it really fair to make pay $15 a day even though it's Ford's fault the car needs repairs? I'm already paying for my car, and now they want me to pay for the damn loaner vehicle, which is the basic basic 2012 focus.. not even close to my focus.
So far I have to pay $60 because Ford had defective parts?

Can I please get some insight on this from Ford CSR or anyone else on FF?

I need to go on a road trip on Friday and I don't think its fair that I have to drive a much lesser focus than mine (it does not have the side-mirror turn signals like mine, which makes me feel much less safe. also it is not powershift like mine.). Would it be reasonable to ask for a better/newer loaner (closer to my vehicle) especially because i'm paying for it?
__________________
~ Shadowfax ~
mishka is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #99
opies
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Fan#: 109709
Location: Lansing, MI
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL

Posts: 113
FF Reputation: 2 opies Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubeway Army View Post
I stopped by the dealer this morning and they immediately told me this is "normal for that type of car", I was then handed a 2 page information sheet which details the characteristics of the Powershift Transmission. Noise, Break-in Period and etc. The technician supposedly test drove the car and stated that it's acting "normal", I was sent off on my way with the paperwork stating this. No re-flash because I was told this will make the noise more apparent since the tranny is adapting to my driving style and will have to "re-learn" again if so. This is all detailed in the paperwork.

When I left, it sounded and acted no different. So no improvements yet, was told to be patient and let it break in to at least 1K miles, I am just over 500 currently.

I think that Ford should clearly define to customers in their brochures the nature of a Powershift tranny and how it differs, but then I thought to myself I rented a Fiesta a few months ago that did not behave like my car. Told the dealer this as well. Maybe it was broken in? I can't say for sure, it was a rental with some miles on the odometer, maybe I need to be patient afterall? Time will tell.
My focus has 36,000 on the clock. Plenty broken in by Fords standards.


Sent from my MB860 using FF Mobile
opies is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #100
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Fan#: 111167
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Titanium DCT Dilemma

Posts: 719
FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka View Post
Still waiting on my parts... still haven't heard about what my shutdown might have been... I've had the car in the shop since Monday and i'm paying $15 a day for a loaner vehicle. I have the basic warranty, which they say does not include loaner vehicles. Is it really fair to make pay $15 a day even though it's Ford's fault the car needs repairs? I'm already paying for my car, and now they want me to pay for the damn loaner vehicle, which is the basic basic 2012 focus.. not even close to my focus.
So far I have to pay $60 because Ford had defective parts?

Can I please get some insight on this from Ford CSR or anyone else on FF?

I need to go on a road trip on Friday and I don't think its fair that I have to drive a much lesser focus than mine (it does not have the side-mirror turn signals like mine, which makes me feel much less safe. also it is not powershift like mine.). Would it be reasonable to ask for a better/newer loaner (closer to my vehicle) especially because i'm paying for it?
That just plain sucks...when Volkswagen had my car for 2 months waiting for a part, they provided me with a Passat which was a step above the Jetta that was in for service and it was a "courtesy car" no rental or cost to me. Another VW dealer though used Enterprise which had crap rental cars at the time...but covered the cost if the work was under warranty. I do not see why the 5/60 does not permit this for you?

I would not be a happy camper in your case...

Sent from my SGH-T679 using FF Mobile
Tubeway Army is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.