officially had it with ford and their focus. - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-06-2014, 08:09 PM   #1
4mikebruns
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 119661
What I Drive: 2014 SGM DCT Focus SE (sedan)

FF Reputation: 2 4mikebruns Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
officially had it with ford and their focus.

So i bought a 2013 5speed last year and it was giving me some issues with the gearbox. But ford could never duplicate my issue. I ended up giving up and trading it in for a 2014 focus with the DCT. I have had absolutely no issues until tonight, i have approx 902 miles on my car a m d i just bought it 2 weeks ago. So on my way home i gave the car 3/4 throttle at maybe 15 mph to pass someone and merge right on a regular road. The car shifted to 2nd gear and when i let off at 50mph the car remained in 2nd gear and refused to shift. I then took my turn i needed and pulled into the shopping center and parked the car. I then put it.back into drive and the car simply revved as if i was in neutral but even with the pedal floored it revved slowly to 2k rpm or so and wouldnt rev anymore. I then tried reverse which clunked hard and then rolled fine. So i then tried D again and the same neutral revving occurred. I then called the ford dealer who came and dropped a fiesta off to me and they said they performed some sort of master reset. In the parking lot and then drove it to the dealer. Im not sure what theywill find out tomorrow but all i know is id rather them take the car back give me my money back and be done with these Fords. I gave up my perfectly fine motorcycle for this car...well the first one...and now all i have is a giant migraine on wheels. I wish i had never bought a ford focus and i will never recommend one to my family or my fellow shipmates on base.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2014, 06:40 PM   #2
4mikebruns
Focus Enthusiast

Dealership offered to buy the car back for what i bought it for and give me 2k more for my previous trade. I have called ford motor company and opened a case to see if Ford will buy my car back completely or make a better offer than that. My CO has gotten involved now too.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:45 PM   #3
Deftmetal

Fan#: 105884
What I Drive: 2014 Mazda 3

FF Reputation: 7 Deftmetal Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Your getting a decent deal already. Certainly better than me. Stay positive.

Rally Revolution #14
Josh
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
Don't hate on an amputee chick that's still playing with lego's.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:08 AM   #4
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mikebruns View Post
Dealership offered to buy the car back for what i bought it for and give me 2k more for my previous trade. I have called ford motor company and opened a case to see if Ford will buy my car back completely or make a better offer than that. My CO has gotten involved now too.
So the dealership offered to buy back your car for what you paid for it AND give you $2K more for your trade-in, and you're still looking to Ford to "make a better offer than that"? Really?
Old 03-08-2014, 07:11 AM   #5
4mikebruns
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
So the dealership offered to buy back your car for what you paid for it AND give you $2K more for your trade-in, and you're still looking to Ford to "make a better offer than that"? Really?
I had to carry over 5k in negative equity because they only offered me 13.5k for the first broken one so i would still have 3k in negative equity after them offering me 2k more, i want them to eat it all and not buy another car for all i care for because i wouldnt have negative equity if they hadnt sold me 2 broke cars in a row.... so yes i am making sure Ford themselves doesnt have anything to input on the matter.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:12 AM   #6
4mikebruns
Focus Enthusiast

When i say buy it back for what i paid i dont mean my whole loan NOT just the MSRP of the car and taxes
Old 03-08-2014, 07:36 AM   #7
leavingmarks
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 139145
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 leavingmarks Good Standing Member
Seems like you just have had a bit of bad luck. What was wrong with the 5spd?
Old 03-08-2014, 07:38 AM   #8
4mikebruns
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingmarks View Post
Seems like you just have had a bit of bad luck. What was wrong with the 5spd?
Dealer said bad luck as well he didnt find it funny when i said or its Ford putting out a Shit Car loudly on the showroom floor. The 5 speed would not go into reverse every so often and the only solution was to try 1st gear rolling and then the clutch would clunk when 1st engaged near the end of the pedal..,then reverse would be fine after that.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:42 AM   #9
Deftmetal

Fan#: 105884
What I Drive: 2014 Mazda 3

FF Reputation: 7 Deftmetal Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Dealer said bad luck as well he didnt find it funny when i said or its Ford putting out a Shit Car loudly on the showroom floor. The 5 speed would not go into reverse every so often and the only solution was to try 1st gear rolling and then the clutch would clunk when 1st engaged near the end of the pedal..,then reverse would be fine after that.
Are you talking about when the car had been sitting for a while? Every manual car (bikes too) I've owned has done this occasionally. Letting the clutch out in neutral before taking off gets things turning and then they go into gear easier.

Rally Revolution #14
Josh
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
Don't hate on an amputee chick that's still playing with lego's.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:47 AM   #10
leavingmarks
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 139145
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 leavingmarks Good Standing Member
Quote:
The 5spd is usually a pretty solid transmission and I haven't heard about any problems like that until now. You should have just traded the 5spd for another 5spd because they're known to be a lot more reliable than the DCT. My 2013 5spd has almost 20k miles on it and has performed flawlessly. Sorry to hear you have such a negative opinion of it but I guess sometimes crap like that happens. Best of luck trying to get more money for it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks