Dealer Warning: - Joe Myers Ford - Houston, TX - Terrible Service Department... uh.. Service - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Marketplace > Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews

Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews Good or Bad dealings? Post your vendor, dealer or seller recommendations, feedback and comments here. Members who knowingly post false or malicious information will be banned from the site.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #1
Slo86GT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88885
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 Slo86GT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Thumbs down Dealer Warning: - Joe Myers Ford - Houston, TX - Terrible Service Department... uh.. Service

Well, I took my car in for its first oil change and first once-over at almost exactly 5k miles. I had an appointment. I had received a call to confirm this appointment, and when I showed up 15 minutes early, I was told that there was a two HOUR wait, which I confirmed was the case even though I had an appointment.

No way was I sitting on my butt at the dealer for two and a half hours or more for an oil change. I had the appointment remade for 6 days later, a Thursday instead of Friday afternoon appointment.

On my way home, having driven nearly 50 miles out of my way to go to the dealer for this oil change, I was thinking things through and got a bit hot under the collar about the whole situation. When I got home, I called and spoke to the service manager. He said this was NOT the policy of the department, I should have been bumped to a priority status and been serviced nearly immediately, and to come and see him at my Thursday appointment to make sure I was taken care of.

So the next Thursday comes around, I head in, talk to the service manager. He personally assigns me a service writer, the service writer immediately takes my car for a wash, and they say I can peek in on my car on the rack since I wanted to look at things underneath (from outside the bay).

So service done, got my receipt, and I was off.

A couple days later, I am filling up my car and notice the rear passenger N2 cap is missing from my wheel. It had been there when I washed the car days before my service. I only go home (locked garage) and to work (middle of nowhere rural). I email the service manager, and his response was "Those get stolen all the time, sorry." I have to email back again to blatantly ask to have one sent to me. He says he will. A week passes, no cap. Email again. "I sent it." Right. Sure. We confirm the address just to make sure. Still nothing. An email or two later, he says he'll send another one.

At this point it's been two weeks since the last email, still no cap.

In general I've had a very bad experience with this dealer that I'm to the point they will never see any of my three Ford Vehicles on their lot ever again. The sales woman was pleasant and friendly when looking for a car, but when it finally came down to it, I actually felt rushed and a bit harassed. Because of end of month deals or whatever, I was made to sign papers that I was told I could back out of at any time prior to final delivery. When the car finally came, which was two days after promised, I went to pick it up. Instead of assisting me and asking if everything was alright, the attitude was "Here's your car, sign here to say you got it. Bye." Never was there an option to question or back away. I understand this is near sales suicide, from a salesperson perspective, but all the assurances were there to get a signature on paperwork originally, but nowhere in sight once the car was on the lot.

Sorry for the rant, but Joe Myers Ford in Houston has really disappointed me.

- Jody -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Bookmarks & Social Networks