Factory 6006 sound system - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-25-2003, 10:13 AM   #1
Jake
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 535
What I Drive: MMIII ZTW, 5 spd.

FF Reputation: 1 Jake Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Factory 6006 sound system

Question: As surprised as I am with the quality of the 6006 sound system with 6 indash CD capacity, I'm wondering if the unit has outputs for a sub-woofer or perhaps tweeters.
Anybody know?

I'm thinking it might because this is a Visteon unit which is made for other cars in different configurations.

Jake

-Homer Simpson
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2003, 12:09 AM   #2
sa_pyro_ne
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1437
What I Drive: 2000 Ranger V6 4.0L 4x4 XLT Ext Cab

FF Reputation: 4 sa_pyro_ne Good Standing Member
Nope sorry, it doesn't, you'll need a line-out converter for it (aka LOC), when you get it tap into the front or rear speaker wires with it (if this doesn't make sense right now it will when you see it). By the way, i agree, the 6006 is alot better than most stock stereo head units, it's output is 15 watts rms compared to most stock stereo systems that give between 7-12 watts per channel. It's definately noticable.

- Scott
Old 11-28-2003, 01:25 AM   #3
Jake
Focus Enthusiast

Thanks. I'll probably leave it alone (as the quality satisfys me) however are you saying that I could hook up a sub-woofer to the system by tapping into the speaker wires? This could't produce a genuine sub-woofer channel could it?

-Homer Simpson
Old 11-28-2003, 03:37 AM   #4
DidHeFocus?
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1704
What I Drive: 2003.5 ZTW PZEV

Points 26,532, Level 97
Points: 26,532, Level: 97 Points: 26,532, Level: 97 Points: 26,532, Level: 97
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 DidHeFocus? Good Standing Member
In effect, yes. The amp should have high level inputs and a low pass crossover to remove the higher freq's. The better the crossover circuit the better a job it will do to remove everything but the bass. Look for 24 dB/octave as the spec for the low-pass filter.
As far as tweeters go, just replace the front speakers with coaxials. I got a pair at profileusa.com for 14.95 they really fill in the high end and clear up the sound.
Old 11-28-2003, 11:49 AM   #5
sa_pyro_ne
Focus Enthusiast

If your going to use high-level inputs (tapping directly into the speaker wires from the amp to get it's audio signal) don't get a real cheap amp because the quality of the signal won't be good and will distort, and get a quality line out converter (taps into speaker wires and converts the audio signal into a lower level signal that can be trasfered through rca's to the amp for it's audio signal) if your going to go that way, they're about $20-$30, David Navone is a company taht makes real quality products for cheap:
http://www.davidnavone.com/adaptor_products.htm
Specificly look at the N-7V, if you wanted this i could sell one to you for $20, i had it on my 6006 for a couple days until i got a pioneer 6400 headunit for free from a friend, so i don't have much use for it now.

- Scott
Old 11-28-2003, 05:28 PM   #6
Jake
Focus Enthusiast

Thanks for all the great info guys!

Quote:
As far as tweeters go, just replace the front speakers with coaxials. I got a pair at profileusa.com for 14.95 they really fill in the high end and clear up the sound.
DidHeFocus?,

Are the speakers you purchased from Profile USA the model: SF720 which is 5"/7" 2-ways?

Also, do you find these are better speakers than stock in all the ranges, i.e. bass/mid/high?

If they are, perhaps I'll just replace all four door speakers and call it good.

Jake.

-Homer Simpson
Old 11-28-2003, 05:33 PM   #7
sa_pyro_ne
Focus Enthusiast

The stock speakers really are only weak in high frequencies, the rest is pretty good, so that would be the difference that you would notice if those sapekers were any better.

- Scott
Old 11-28-2003, 07:01 PM   #8
DidHeFocus?
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1704
What I Drive: 2003.5 ZTW PZEV

Points 26,532, Level 97
Points: 26,532, Level: 97 Points: 26,532, Level: 97 Points: 26,532, Level: 97
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 DidHeFocus? Good Standing Member
Yes the speakers are the SF720s.They fit with no alterations except the connectors. I thought the stocks were ok but too boomy. I shopped locally and found that the only speakers I liked were $100/pair. I found the profiles and took a chance. $22 including tax and shipping. I have bass blockers on the front speakers because I have a sub for the low end.
The SF720s did sound better in all areas to me.
I only use only the fronts because the rears are blocked by the seats and they detract from stereo imaging.
If I had a DVD or surround system rather than 2 channel stereo, I would use the rear speakers.
Old 11-29-2003, 12:27 AM   #9
Jake
Focus Enthusiast

Very cool guys. Thx for the help.

J ake

-Homer Simpson

Last edited by Jake; 11-29-2003 at 12:35 AM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.