How bad are drivers where you live? - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-11-2013, 03:16 AM   #11
zetecDon
Where am I?

Fan#: 62506
What I Drive: 02 ZX3, 02 MX-5

FF Reputation: 28 zetecDon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (45)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.0 Focus View Post
-almost hit by two different f150's that stopped, and the slammed into reverse (on had a back up camera and back up sensors WTF!!)
The back-up sensors only work up to 3 MPH. Anything over that and it is disabled.

In my travels I have experienced some horrible drivers. The worst drivers are possibly in Hungary or Romania. Driving there is risking your life basically. Have heard that driving in Mumbai, India and cities in China can be kind of hectic too.

But as for where I live, most of the people know how to drive it seems. You will get the occasional idiot or old lady that believes they are the only vehicle on the highway. But overall it's not that bad here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 04:10 AM   #12
Nik00117
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58749
What I Drive: 2011 Fusion SEL, 2010 Road Glide

FF Reputation: 0 Nik00117 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm sorry but I got you guys beat...I live in Korea and before that Kosovo first off let's start with Kosovo.

Kosovo is a bat shit crazy awesome country with a police force that is tied up with real issues, such as tribal killings, Muslim and Christian warfare, and Serbian terrorists plus Mafia smuggling Heroin from Afgainstain into Europe through their country. Also their neighbors hate them.

What does this mean? Well it means cops don't give out traffic tickets. Also the avg cop makes $250 Full time salary in Kosovo. No $250 is not enough money (sometimes they don't get paid)

So cops don't issue traffic tickets, did I mention the part where they are dirt poor? Well they also don't have driver's licease system that is enforced either. Did I mention that when my buddy bought a car there he got his licease at a art shop? No he didn't get the numbers from DMV he went to a Art Shop and paid them $5 to make him a licease plate with whatever numbers he wanted. No he didn't register the car. His insurance document? What insurance it's still classified as a war zone and insurance companies refuse to issue vehicles.

So here are my stories from Kosovo

1. Driving from lunch one day I see to Semi trucks and a mini we are on a two lane highway One semi truck was going north the other south and the mini driver was going north behind the first truck. Well this mini drive decided that he didn't care about his life anymore and tried to pass the Semi truck as another one was approaching. The south bound semi truck scrapped the minor off the mini and nearly went off the road. The mini kept driving.
2. It was winter, it was cold and icy we had just gotten about a foot of snow. I'm outside having a beer and a snow fight when I see a car going blazing fast down A ICE HIGHWAY. Completely and utterly insane. The driver crashed his car about 1.5 KM down the road I saw the wreckage on my way home.
3. Everyone must assume that stop lights are decoration. Cause it's obvious no one follows them
4. One day my driver is driving me (don't think I was rich I paid this guy $300 a month plus gas money and he was personal driver) on an icy road we are approaching a sharp turn he begins turning about 25 meters before the turn starts and we slide sideways for a good bit. I'm shitting my pants look at him and he says "don't worry" we slide for about 20-25 meters then our car caught traction and off we went.
5. My business mgr had a death wish apparently cause he'd play chicken, No i'm not joking I drove home with him once and on two lane road he went into on coming traffic I'm yelling at him to stop being an idiot and he goes "Clam down!" he won the game...However last year I heard he lost, well actually both drivers lost. He's still alive though.
6. Safety inspection? What it's wrong to weld two different cars together? What's wrong with that? Wind sheild? Who needs a windsheild? Lights, who needs lights? (keep in mind VERY FEW traffic lights)? Leaky gas tank? That's why I don't fill it up all the way and keep a spare can in the back. "What happened to my seat belts? I cut them up and use them as a belt my wife liked the color" "Airbags? Nope used them last year"

My buddies say I had balls because I owned a motorcycle in Kosovo and rode it too! O yea the roads where so poorly paved in some parts they where slick as ice. In the middle of summer.

Now onto Korea

1. Right away is determined by whose car is most expensive
2. Regardless of the circumstances of the accident your at fault even if you where in a parking spot and rended by a drunk dude in a BMW 7 series who just happened to be the son of a rich lawyer.
3. The richer you are and the more expensive your car the less traffic laws apply to you. Sure it's a one way street however you got your $100,000 luxury car so who gives a .
4. Turn Signals? Whats that?
5. You should honk your horn every 30 seconds to ensure it's functioning properly.
6. Can't take left turns, only U turns. Why? Cause Koreans can't comprehend left turns.
7. Korean women drivers are the worst, Women tend to lack driving skills. Koreans lack driving skills. Korean women are the worst.
8. Stop Lights? What's that?
9. Let's drive downtown at 1 AM when the streets packed full of drunk people cause we are rich and have nice cars and then get pissed off when you get stuck cause of allt he people are partying in the street (which is actually a side walk) and murder is still illegal
10. Taxi drivers and Rich People are excused from drinking and driving.
11. 1/2 inch of snow? Gotta get snow chains on your Audi AWD because well it's slippery
12. Get 6 inches of snow in a Bongo truck (RWD small truck that weighs like 5 LBs) stuck on an incline that you can't get up? Solution...Spin your tires eventually you will melt through the ice. What about those snow chains? Can't afford them. Why? Cause I bought them for the AWD Audi.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:35 AM   #13
5characters
No Mo Fo Fo

Fan#: 78897
What I Drive: 2012 M2 Touring

FF Reputation: 2 5characters Good Standing Member
4 words, 'I live in Ohio'
Old 02-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #14
xxWeinerDogxx
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105482
What I Drive: [2013/T-Scrm/ST3 RIP] 2014 OWST3

FF Reputation: 1 xxWeinerDogxx Good Standing Member
They recently built a 'roundabout' intersection close to where I live in Alabama (maybe AL's first). The concept of the roundabout, which is continuous flow of traffic, escapes many here. But not to be outdone, 4-way stops are worth their weight in gold for entertainment value! My personal favorite is when four cars are all stopped at the sign, with no one having a clue as to whose turn it is.
Then magically, they all proceed simultaneouly, only to stop hard and start the process over again.

Factor in cell phones and texting and you'll understand why video cameras were invented.

I'm a proponent of multi-tiered highway systems, based on proficiency. Minivans have their purpose in life, but not on my Tier....
Old 02-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #15
cbdallas
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100296
What I Drive: 2014 Titanium 5-speed

FF Reputation: 3 cbdallas Good Standing Member
I've finally arrived at the point where, if there's any question about who's turn it is at a 4-way stop, I just gun it and I'm through the intersection before the morons can move their foot from the brake to the gas. I don't have time to sit there and play the guessing game.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #16
IngotMK3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 42911
What I Drive: MK3 Focus

FF Reputation: 1 IngotMK3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5characters View Post
4 words, 'I live in Ohio'
Love ohio, hate the winter, some drivers suck ha
Old 02-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #17
Mile30
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 74686
What I Drive: '03 ZX3

FF Reputation: 7 Mile30 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
I'd LOOOOOVE to get stuck in Honolulu traffic... compared to MD/DC/VA (which I believe was the statistically worst in 2012).
Old 02-11-2013, 09:17 AM   #18
swagfocuswagon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103591
What I Drive: '00 Focus wagon, 96 Cutlass Supreme

FF Reputation: 1 swagfocuswagon Good Standing Member
The morons in Dayton like to use the turn lane as a means of merging into traffic. Almost hit some head on because he tried to merge into traffic while I was trying to turn onto my street. About got out and kicked his face in.

Then people never use turn signals, drive really slow, dont believe in stop signs, ect.

And they say Dayton is the safest city for driving. YEAH FJLSGLKL RIGHT.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #19
Theta SIgma
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87386
What I Drive: 2003 Twilight Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 2 Theta SIgma Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
In 2 days, had 2 people in SUVs reverse into my brand new, freshly paint RS bumper. They scrapped quite a bit of paint off and put several creases on my bonnet. I have pics too if anyone wants to see
Old 02-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #20
cbdallas
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100296
What I Drive: 2014 Titanium 5-speed

FF Reputation: 3 cbdallas Good Standing Member
Just more proof that there are WAY too many people out there driving vehicles that are WAY too big for them. If you can't back up an SUV and tell you're about to smash into a parked car, you need to be driving a Civic.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->