How bad are drivers where you live? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #1
2.0 Focus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94292
What I Drive: 2007 White Focus

FF Reputation: 0 2.0 Focus Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
How bad are drivers where you live?

How bad are drivers where you live? Here in a city of 6 million, Toronto seems to have some of the worst drivers in the country. It seems sometimes you should not drive in certain neighborhoods or drive at certain times if you value your life.

Share you stories/issues:

I've driven 30k miles, I have been:

-rear ended by a navigator at 25mph not paying attention/talking on the phone
-almost t-boned at 30mph by a cargo van running a stop all way (saw him out the corner of my eye)
-almost t-boned by a compact running an already red light at 55mph (I was making a left hand turn)
-almost hit by crossover making a fast right hand lane change into mine from a stop (his side view mirror was a foot away from mine at 30mph when I turned hard right)
-almost hit by two different f150's that stopped, and the slammed into reverse (on had a back up camera and back up sensors WTF!!)

This is all I remember so far, there have been other such as countless morons in snow (one drove out of a gas station onto a 3 lane snowy road and slowed down in the middle) and about 8 or 10 that have slammed hard on their brakes for little or no reason in a panic

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 12:06 AM   #2
matmatician
Cars&Corgis

Fan#: 81361
What I Drive: A Garsh Dern 'Murican Flag, Ducatis

FF Reputation: 4 matmatician Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Seattle Washington is notorious for having some of the worst drivers in the nation. Constant backups due just to a cop pulling someone over, and everyone has to slow down to look. There are also times where you'll be doing 20 down the freeway and then for no reason at all, you're doing the speed limit again.

And i can't even tell you how may times I've almost been hit on my motorcycle. I've had at least 3 narrow misses (once with a passenger!!!) and I actually DID get hit by some old broad who turned out on to a highway without looking. I was doing 45 MPH and went right into her drivers front quarter panel. Flew over the hood doing 45 and landed no less than 10 feet down the road... Right next to my headlight. I hit her so hard it flew out of the frame. Which had cracked all the way through.

Also, just look up Seattle snowstorm on YouTube. There are about 30 videos of people just failing epicly attempting to drive.
ROTM June '13, PNW Crew #42, SR #245, Rally Rev #02
Old 02-11-2013, 12:15 AM   #3
Chick

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '11 Fiesta SES, '13 Civic Si Sedan

FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing MemberChick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
LOL, Honolulu has the worst traffic in the US. I'm afraid to even drive somewhere cause of fear of being hit. Just today we were coming home from the grocery store and some lady decided to merge without looking and almost hit us. This has happened multiple times since I've been here and people have a hard time with turn signals and the word YIELD here too. Then you have people that get in the fast lane and go 10 under and everyone else in every lane is doing the same thing.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:25 AM   #4
lyonsroar

Fan#: 63166
What I Drive: 2009 Volkswagen GTI

FF Reputation: 31 lyonsroar Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chick View Post
LOL, Honolulu...
^I stopped reading after this.
I simply cannot listen to you complain about living in Honolulu. Sorry. :p

Her in Omaha the only accident I've been in was when a soccer mom turned left into her driveway in front of my bright red Volvo. She turned across traffic. I tapped the rear of her gmc jimmy. Idiot.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:40 AM   #5
Chick

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '11 Fiesta SES, '13 Civic Si Sedan

FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing MemberChick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
Try living here once, you'll understand
Old 02-11-2013, 12:41 AM   #6
lyonsroar

Fan#: 63166
What I Drive: 2009 Volkswagen GTI

FF Reputation: 31 lyonsroar Great Standing Member
I would likely only ride a Ruckus...to get to the beach where I'd lounge about all day.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:48 AM   #7
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Fan#: 69510
What I Drive: 97 Impreza coupe, 04 Mazda6

FF Reputation: 13 TheGlassMaker Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chick View Post
LOL, Honolulu has the worst traffic in the US. I'm afraid to even drive somewhere cause of fear of being hit. Just today we were coming home from the grocery store and some lady decided to merge without looking and almost hit us. This has happened multiple times since I've been here and people have a hard time with turn signals and the word YIELD here too. Then you have people that get in the fast lane and go 10 under and everyone else in every lane is doing the same thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyonsroar View Post
^I stopped reading after this.
I simply cannot listen to you complain about living in Honolulu. Sorry. :p

Her in Omaha the only accident I've been in was when a soccer mom turned left into her driveway in front of my bright red Volvo. She turned across traffic. I tapped the rear of her gmc jimmy. Idiot.
My cousin Emily lives in Pukalani, and my cousin Chris lives in Honolulu. I've seen the pictures, both from them and from visiting family members I see no reason to complain. I'm with D on this one. lol
Old 02-11-2013, 12:51 AM   #8
matmatician
Cars&Corgis

Fan#: 81361
What I Drive: A Garsh Dern 'Murican Flag, Ducatis

FF Reputation: 4 matmatician Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I remember seeing the H3 backed up every morning from my fiancee's grandparent's apartment in Waipio Gentry. You cloud see forever, and the cars were just stopped.
ROTM June '13, PNW Crew #42, SR #245, Rally Rev #02
Old 02-11-2013, 01:04 AM   #9
FOCUS.FREAK
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109225
What I Drive: 2010 STERLING GREY METALLIC SES 2DR

FF Reputation: 2 FOCUS.FREAK Good Standing Member
I live in Illinois, here its not that bad compared to some other places. We all get those grannys who can't merge onto the highway or are in the fast lane. One thing I hate the is when someone gets pulled over or there is a very minor accident, everyone has the need to completely stop there car and look. Like come on I need to get to work. Move on and continue driving. I was driving a mini cooper s one day. Place I worked for didn't have loaner cars so I just drove whatever. Old woman pulls out as I'm doing 45 and I had to slam on the breaks. I got about 1foot from her rear bumper. She decided to turn onto the street a little to late.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:27 AM   #10
ViperThreat
Moderator OF DOOM

Fan#: 66026
What I Drive: '06 WRX Wagon 285whp/292wtq

FF Reputation: 8 ViperThreat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Apparently none of you have experienced the 91 or 405 fwy here in SoCal; during rush-hour its basically nuclear warfare.

Bookmarks & Social Networks