!! FSWERKS Stealth Exhaust After 10 months !! - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-2013)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-2013) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #41
asting
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98342
What I Drive: 2012, Tux Blk Met Focus 5d Sport

FF Reputation: 1 asting Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picoletray View Post
As requested click on the link to hear it from in cabin. I'll try to get pic's eventually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTdfB4xNRSo
Hmm not bad. Is it quieter than the stock exhaust? Do you think they would do a package deal with this exhaust and their intake? If not, do they ever run coupons?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2013, 12:50 PM   #42
Picoletray
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 110541
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Grey HB SE

FF Reputation: 1 Picoletray Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by asting View Post
Hmm not bad. Is it quieter than the stock exhaust? Do you think they would do a package deal with this exhaust and their intake? If not, do they ever run coupons?
IDK, IDK, and IDK. lol. Most company's don't do mod's at all, I doubt they are cutting deals on the extra work involved with the double resonator.

Interestingly, at 75+ MPH i beleive there is a flaw. I hear wind turbulance under the car. The factory exhaust system tucks up perfectly into the raceway that ford built into the car and the oem parts are more aero with tapered edges. The fswerks system is a pipe welded to a larger cylinder with no taper, and I am becoming convinced that is the sound I'm hearing at those high speeds. It's mild, not loud, but it's there. I'm not sure if that is normal, but I might be adding some tapers to test it all out...maybe.

The plus side is that car is over 1500 miles now and my mpg has hit 35 average.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #43
maalox
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 105436
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE 5dr

FF Reputation: 1 maalox Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picoletray View Post
IDK, IDK, and IDK. lol. Most company's don't do mod's at all, I doubt they are cutting deals on the extra work involved with the double resonator.

Interestingly, at 75+ MPH i beleive there is a flaw. I hear wind turbulance under the car. The factory exhaust system tucks up perfectly into the raceway that ford built into the car and the oem parts are more aero with tapered edges. The fswerks system is a pipe welded to a larger cylinder with no taper, and I am becoming convinced that is the sound I'm hearing at those high speeds. It's mild, not loud, but it's there. I'm not sure if that is normal, but I might be adding some tapers to test it all out...maybe.

The plus side is that car is over 1500 miles now and my mpg has hit 35 average.
That may not be the exhaust. I had a noise coming from under the car at that speed as well, which the dealer diagnosed as a loose exhaust heat shield. I haven't heard a thing since that was corrected. My car is stock, but it's possible one of the shields on yours came loose during the exhaust install. Just something to check.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:08 PM   #44
Focusblackzx5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95212
What I Drive: 2005 Black zx5

FF Reputation: 1 Focusblackzx5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Why it's getting louder with time ? My magnaflow 2.25'' was okay at the biggining and now after 6 months it's loud as hell ahah.

Nice sound tho I love it :)
Old 03-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #45
asting
Focus Enthusiast

What part sticks out the most? Perhaps a skid plate/valence would help.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:39 PM   #46
Picoletray
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 110541
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Grey HB SE

FF Reputation: 1 Picoletray Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by maalox View Post
That may not be the exhaust. I had a noise coming from under the car at that speed as well, which the dealer diagnosed as a loose exhaust heat shield. I haven't heard a thing since that was corrected. My car is stock, but it's possible one of the shields on yours came loose during the exhaust install. Just something to check.
When I was under the car, I checked every sheild, and even gave the one near the rear A frame(?) a little taper because it was extra long and straight vertical.

anyways, not likely, they all seemed properly fastened and tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asting View Post
What part sticks out the most? Perhaps a skid plate/valence would help.
Do you know of one that is available to bolt on?

I will say after reading a bit of aero-modding material, that gap between the rear bumper and the rear axle is very large air pocket now that the muffler is gone. Nothing is there to sort of steer the air under that lip of plastic that is the "bumper" that could be causing an eddie at high speeds....
Old 03-27-2013, 04:00 PM   #47
asting
Focus Enthusiast

See http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284705

Bookmarks & Social Networks