looks like i might be moving to oregon - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > North West Fanatics

North West Fanatics Serving the Oregon, Washington and Alaska regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #11
fanat
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93868
What I Drive: SVT

FF Reputation: 3 fanat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (53)
Grey hound for shipping ?
Welcome!!!
Tillamok has nice places to tent along the beach and I find it has the better weather. Seaside is always windy and foggy at times.
On the 4th it will be packed of ppl, who are going to b watching the fireworks. Also in downtown Portland they will be packed as well while they shoot a lot of fireworks from a small raft. They just love shooting fireworks for my birthday. I don't get it.lol
Oregon is awesome by the way, let us know when ull b in, I'm going to start a thread to see who we have on the forum that's around Portland so we can have some get togethers around here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #12
alaskanzx5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 82699
What I Drive: 2000 silver zx3

FF Reputation: 6 alaskanzx5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
no greyhound in alaska, might just sell the bed and ship the wheels and wait to bu the new subs until i get down there. everything else could fit in luggage. cheapest shipping so far is just over $600 which isnt bad for a bed, 4 18"s, roughly 200lbs in car stereo, carpet cleaner, and i think that it.

i have actualy lived in oregon before but its been over 7years now since ive been there and last time i was there i was 17. ill be closer to dallas but im up for a drive a few times here and there. all in for meets on the coast.

i couldnt count how manytime i have been to the tillamook factory, always loved going there as a kid and now i get to take my kids there.

ill have a set date of once i get my tax refund, waiting on the college credit bs that the irs is taking forever to fix.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #13
JamesSandberg
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106919
What I Drive: 2003 Silver SVT Euro

FF Reputation: 1 JamesSandberg Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I actually just made the move from Anchorage to Dayton,OR. Shipped everything including my Focus. UPack.com was great to work with for our stuff and I used Wrightway auto carriers for my car. Shoot me a message if you have any questions regarding move. Good Luck and trust me, its worth it!
Old 02-24-2013, 01:20 AM   #14
alaskanzx5
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesSandberg View Post
I actually just made the move from Anchorage to Dayton,OR. Shipped everything including my Focus. UPack.com was great to work with for our stuff and I used Wrightway auto carriers for my car. Shoot me a message if you have any questions regarding move. Good Luck and trust me, its worth it!
really? so its true that there was a svt roaming around anchorage, not many people up here even know about the svt lol.

im just shipping my bed, carpet cleaner, a ton of stereo equipment, 18" enkies with brand new tires on them, maybe some of the kids toys. might be other stuff but i dont think so.

how far is dayton or from dallas or?
what the price difference in cost of living there compared to here? like gas price and cost of food. its been over 7 years since ive been there so i dont remember much of anything there. like i know here a gallon of milk is like 3.40.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:52 AM   #15
fanat
Focus Enthusiast

^ I am not sure what a gallon of milk here is, but gas prices right now just went up a little from 3.39-3.67. Premium is about 3.89.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:54 AM   #16
fanat
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesSandberg View Post
Then u should come to one of the meets here I'm trying to get started in Portland. I know it's a little ways but the places we will go will make u want to move to Portland lol
Old 02-24-2013, 11:09 AM   #17
alaskanzx5
Focus Fanatic

reg gas is $4 per gallon here and premium i think is 4.30. not a big difference but it adds up quick.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:25 PM   #18
JamesSandberg
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106919
What I Drive: 2003 Silver SVT Euro

FF Reputation: 1 JamesSandberg Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanzx5 View Post
really? so its true that there was a svt roaming around anchorage, not many people up here even know about the svt lol.

im just shipping my bed, carpet cleaner, a ton of stereo equipment, 18" enkies with brand new tires on them, maybe some of the kids toys. might be other stuff but i dont think so.

how far is dayton or from dallas or?
what the price difference in cost of living there compared to here? like gas price and cost of food. its been over 7 years since ive been there so i dont remember much of anything there. like i know here a gallon of milk is like 3.40.
Yup, that was probably me. We have been down here less than a month now. Dayton is about 40 mins north of Dallas.

As for the cost of living gas is about the same maybe a little bit less, but we are noticing how much cheaper our groceries are. Produce and similar items are noticeably cheaper. And then there are the simple things like the $1 menu at McDonalds actually being a $1 and $5 footlongs at Subway actually being $5! I know, the simple things that amuse me...
Old 02-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #19
Joshuaneufeld1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 73094
What I Drive: 2013 oxford white ford escape se

FF Reputation: 1 Joshuaneufeld1 Good Standing Member
Let me know when you move to the area!!!
Old 02-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #20
alaskanzx5
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuaneufeld1 View Post
Let me know when you move to the area!!!
i will, should be getting my tax return anyday so i should have a set date for the flight soon.

Bookmarks & Social Networks