Focus Ti in shop now - Transmission ?? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-08-2013, 09:45 AM   #1
MrSxy4Ever
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95074
What I Drive: Titanium Hatch, Black auto, 401a

FF Reputation: 1 MrSxy4Ever Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Focus Ti in shop now - Transmission ??

Dropped my 2012 Focus Titanium ( purchased Feb. 2012 ) in the shop 2 days ago. I've got 53,000 miles on it and I was having some stuttering issues with the car from. It always happens from a standing start, and the shifts throughout the range are long and not smooth.

Talking to the service lady, she said that it's a known issue and that some of the Focus's have come back needing clutches.

Ford should be taking care of the issue, but my thing is, if they know about all of these transmission issues, they should issue a recall.

Transmission stutters at an intersection ain't kool or safe. This is not a small issue.

MS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
jdubhack
I WILL correct you.

Fan#: 103056
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Fusion Ti

FF Reputation: 37 jdubhack Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Moved to "MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive."

<>< Gal. 6:14
April 2013 HOTM
2013 Ford Fun Weekend: Show Class Winner
Old 11-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #3
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSxy4Ever View Post
Dropped my 2012 Focus Titanium ( purchased Feb. 2012 ) in the shop 2 days ago. I've got 53,000 miles on it and I was having some stuttering issues with the car from. It always happens from a standing start, and the shifts throughout the range are long and not smooth.

Talking to the service lady, she said that it's a known issue and that some of the Focus's have come back needing clutches.

Ford should be taking care of the issue, but my thing is, if they know about all of these transmission issues, they should issue a recall.

Transmission stutters at an intersection ain't kool or safe. This is not a small issue.

MS
Hi MrSxy4Ever,

I'd like to loop in your regional customer service manager, who is in the best position to assist. Please send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN,as well as servicing dealership; I'll get moving.

Todd

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-08-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
MrSxy4Ever
Focus Rookie

Todd,

My 2012 Black Ford Focus is at Koons Ford in Annapolis, MD. (410) 224-2100. You can reach out to them and get some background information on the vehicle. It's kind of funny....my car has been in the shop for 2 days, and I've yet to get a phone call or status report from their service department. Strike 1.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
MrSxy4Ever
Focus Rookie

Just called my dealer and they said I needed a new clutch plate. It's a 30-40 day wait because the part is on back order. The service person said it was fine to pick up the car and keep driving it in the meantime. Hmmmmmmfffff.

Folks, this is sounding like a potential class action suit in the making.

MS
Old 11-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #6
TehMark
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87530
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 TehMark Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSxy4Ever View Post

MS
I don't know why there hasn't been a formal recall on the transmission. A ton of people have needed their clutch packs replaced. For a long while I assumed these people were just driving like idiots but then I had to get mine replaced. The good news is that the pack has seemed to fix my problem. I just hope this fix is the one that holds.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #7
meinschaft
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 125
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 meinschaft Good Standing Member
Took my wife's 2012 Focus Titanium in (5/1/12) when oil was visible where the engine/transmission join. Dealer said there was no problem.

A couple of weeks ago I had it at the local oil change place and they had me come under the car to show me the leak.

Took vehicle to the dealer yesterday, they called today and said it needs a new clutch which will 'take a month' for parts to arrive.

Is the car safe to operate with a damaged transmission?

Why so long a wait for parts when this is a known problem?
Old 11-08-2013, 03:27 PM   #8
TehMark
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by meinschaft View Post
Took my wife's 2012 Focus Titanium in (5/1/12) when oil was visible where the engine/transmission join. Dealer said there was no problem.

A couple of weeks ago I had it at the local oil change place and they had me come under the car to show me the leak.

Took vehicle to the dealer yesterday, they called today and said it needs a new clutch which will 'take a month' for parts to arrive.

Is the car safe to operate with a damaged transmission?

Why so long a wait for parts when this is a known problem?
My dealer replaced my clutch pack in 2 days. Sounds like they just did a cruddy job of being prepared. No worries driving on it until then though.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:30 PM   #9
meinschaft
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 125
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 meinschaft Good Standing Member
TehMark,

No telling how long they'll need the car to repair it. But as stated previously - one MONTH for parts for a long-standing problem? Could this signal that earlier replacement parts did not fix the problem and that the supplier is making more revisions, ones that hopefully work?
Old 11-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #10
TehMark
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by meinschaft View Post
TehMark,

No telling how long they'll need the car to repair it. But as stated previously - one MONTH for parts for a long-standing problem? Could this signal that earlier replacement parts did not fix the problem and that the supplier is making more revisions, ones that hopefully work?
Pretty sure they are still on Rev D clutch packs so I blame the dealer. Here is the clutch service record thread http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...299751&page=11 . When you get your stuff done add your info so we can keep an eye out for changes.

Bookmarks & Social Networks