focus tdci non starting - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-09-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
mikewood
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109710
What I Drive: 2003 focus tdci 1.8

FF Reputation: 1 mikewood Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
focus tdci non starting

hi got a tdci 1.8 diesel focus, completely went dead, changed fuel pump as done about 200k and didn't have hardly any fuel pressure, but still will not start? i got good fuel pressure now but the injectors are not spraying?? I changed the cam sensor incase the ecu uses it to pulse the injector but no luck? you reckon if the fuel pump chucked fuel down the injectors it could of blocked them??? but I cannot see how it would of blocked all 4???

I have changed fuel filter and put new fuel in and dragged it through!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #2
BC_ZX3
DTC P0606

Fan#: 48751
What I Drive: 2001 Red ZX3 Turbo

Points 2,027, Level 27
Points: 2,027, Level: 27 Points: 2,027, Level: 27 Points: 2,027, Level: 27
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 86 BC_ZX3 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
No diesel Foci on this side of the Atlantic but a general comment that you need to ensure that all residual air is bled from the system, particularly after a pump change. Sometimes doing that can be very tedious and difficult.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:01 AM   #3
TommyTooHi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90859
What I Drive: 2004 Red Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 TommyTooHi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
...and that's too bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC_ZX3 View Post
No diesel Foci on this side of the Atlantic
First, hope you can find an answer to your issue, OP.

Diesel rant ON; this is the previous - generation engine:

"Tied in with a variable geometry turbocharger, the 1.6 DPF engine delivers a high power output of 109PS at 4000rpm and an equally healthy 240 - 260NM of torque at 1750rpm. [about 185 lb/ft -T_T]

The 1.6 TDCI Ford Focus has reasonable performance and class leading diesel engine refinement, pulling strongly from low revs probably helped by the torque curve peaking at just 1750rpm. This translates to good mid range acceleration with enough power to pull up quite steep hills without the need to continually change down the gears. This is even more creditable when you realize that 5th gear is set at around 31mph / 1000rpm allowing a top speed of around 117mph (where legal). This means that the car's engine is turning over at a mere 2000rpm at 62mph.

The fuel economy (mpg) of the 1.6 TDCI Ford Focus Diesel is amongst the best in its class. The book figures claim 45.6 mpg Urban, 70.6mpg Extra Urban with a combined figure of 58.9 mpg and these correlate well with the actual fuel consumption figures attained during everyday use. We manage between 55 and 58 mpg on a mixture of 50 mile motorway journeys and the school runs, often with traffic congestion.

With steady speed UK A-road or motorway driving at a steady 60mph the Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI hatchback delivers over 70mpg (our best fuel economy is 77mpg on a 130 mile journey) - we suspect with a tail wind!

This gives the Focus TDCI a usable range of around 600 - 650 miles on a tank of diesel (52.7 litres [13.9 gal -T_T]) with economical driving. As with all diesel cars, the engine takes around 10,000 miles to fully loosen up and run in, which tends to improve fuel economy.

The Ford Focus's refined 1.6 TDCI diesel engine meets the strict new Stage 4 (IV) emissions standard for diesel engines. Fitted with a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF), the engine powers one of the cleanest Diesel cars on the UK market. Gone is the cloud of smoke when starting the car from cold and under hard acceleration! The Focus is one of the best small 'green cars' available."

Nice, huh?

-T_T

Mods: Caffeinated nut behind the steering wheel

Bookmarks & Social Networks