2012 w/Sync, what do I need? - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #11
MightyMikeNice
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 112836
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST-Oxford White

FF Reputation: 1 MightyMikeNice Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Do you lose any functionality with the Axxess FRST-2 integration module?
Does the radio volume automatically mute for phone calls?
Does the USB in the center console still function and play through the aftermarket stereo?

I noticed upon reading the FRST-2 install instructions from the Metra website that it has RCA inputs that go to head unit. How did you manage this as pratically all head units do not have RCA inputs. RCA to USB adapter?
Any help appreciated.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 10:26 AM   #12
opies
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109709
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL

Points 392, Level 7
Points: 392, Level: 7 Points: 392, Level: 7 Points: 392, Level: 7
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 2 opies Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMikeNice View Post
Do you lose any functionality with the Axxess FRST-2 integration module?
Does the radio volume automatically mute for phone calls?
Does the USB in the center console still function and play through the aftermarket stereo?

I noticed upon reading the FRST-2 install instructions from the Metra website that it has RCA inputs that go to head unit. How did you manage this as pratically all head units do not have RCA inputs. RCA to USB adapter?
Any help appreciated.
Mike,

I have essentially bypassed sync alltogether. But prior to that, the module did retain the functions as long as I used the USB connection in the center console. The RCA connections come out of the module and plug into inputs on the rear of the aftermarket head unit. This is how the sync voice gets to the speakers.

The USB connection does function through the head unit and the head unit views that connection as an input, like say a cd changer. I am not sure how sync would function through the head unit if I did not have it selected as the input. Because the head unit essentially has all the same features other than voice activation, I bypassed sync and ran the microphone and iPod cable.

I have noticed that I have lost the rear park assist beeps since the install.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #13
opies
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109709
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL

Points 392, Level 7
Points: 392, Level: 7 Points: 392, Level: 7 Points: 392, Level: 7
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 2 opies Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Oh yeah, in order to keep the steering wheel controls, the sync system needs to stay on. I was hoping that since I've bay passed the sync system I could turn it off.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:54 PM   #14
BlueByYou28
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 113923
What I Drive: '13 Perf-Blue Focus SE 5dr 201A Pkg

FF Reputation: 1 BlueByYou28 Good Standing Member
Hi All,
Just wanted to bring this thread back to life with a few questions to the Foci owners that have successfully installed the Metra 99-5827B. I have a 2013 5 dr with Sirus XM and Reverse Sensing System btw.

#1 - Are all the steering wheel functions working properly?
#2 - Is there any function that doesn't work now than when you had the stock unit (i.e. can you make phone calls? Are all the Sync commands working? etc.)
#3 - If you have the Reverse Sensing System, does that still work for you after installation?
#4 - If I have SiriusXM do I need an adapter to make it work with this system?
#5 - Where did you purchase the unit/wiring harness/adapters
#6 - What kind of head unit did you go with? Anyone out there get one with navi built it?
#7 - I know some Pioneer Touch screen head units have blutooth Phone connectivity built it, would I need to use the aftermarket head unit's microphone or can I still use sync to make phone calls?

Thanks everyone and sorry for all the questions.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #15
jcw122
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 111081
What I Drive: 2014 Race Red SE 201A Hatch - MTX

FF Reputation: 2 jcw122 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueByYou28 View Post
Hi All,
Just wanted to bring this thread back to life with a few questions to the Foci owners that have successfully installed the Metra 99-5827B. I have a 2013 5 dr with Sirus XM and Reverse Sensing System btw.

#1 - Are all the steering wheel functions working properly?
#2 - Is there any function that doesn't work now than when you had the stock unit (i.e. can you make phone calls? Are all the Sync commands working? etc.)
#3 - If you have the Reverse Sensing System, does that still work for you after installation?
#4 - If I have SiriusXM do I need an adapter to make it work with this system?
#5 - Where did you purchase the unit/wiring harness/adapters
#6 - What kind of head unit did you go with? Anyone out there get one with navi built it?
#7 - I know some Pioneer Touch screen head units have blutooth Phone connectivity built it, would I need to use the aftermarket head unit's microphone or can I still use sync to make phone calls?

Thanks everyone and sorry for all the questions.
Also interested. Subbed!
Old 06-13-2013, 12:52 AM   #16
cast8312
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 115696
What I Drive: 2013 Gun Metal Gray Focus SE HB

FF Reputation: 1 cast8312 Good Standing Member
I also installed the FRST2 in mine. For the steering buttons to work, your sync must be on line in. On the manual it tells u which code to use for ur stereo. I have a Sony DVD in my dash. For my phone I still use the sync when I get calls. If I can find out how to bypass the built in mic and integrate it with my Sony dash which also has phone capability, that would be cool. Then I won't have to use the sync.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.